What's new

No toilets, no nikah, say Muslim clerics in Haryana and Punjab

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Maulvis and muftis in Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana have decided that they will not solemnise marriages in houses without toilets.
dc-Cover-4kdp7ntabehbv5898c7p77o9p3-20170219141227.Medi.jpeg

Image for representational purpose only
Guwahati: No toilet, no nikah. Maulvis and muftis in Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Punjab have decided not to solemnise marriage in a house where there is no toilet.

Maulana Mahmood A Madani, Secretary General of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind said having a toilet has been made a mandatory condition for Muslim marriage in the three states and will be soon be applied in all other states in the country.

"Maulvis and muftis in Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana have decided that they will not solemnise the 'nikah' or Muslim marriage in a house where there are no toilets," he said.

Madani, who is also a former Rajya Sabha MP, stated this during the inauguration of Assam Conference on Sanitation (ASCOSAN) 2017 conducted here in Khanapara last week.

"I feel that all religious leaders from all the religion throughout the country should decide that they will not conduct any rituals in houses where there are no toilets," he said.

Emphasising on cleanliness and sanitation, he asked people to use toilets and also to make not only Assam, but the country as a whole clean.

"There are two types of cleaning - one is external and the other internal. Both are interconnected, we will only be able to achieve the internal cleaning if our body is clean," he said.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nati...say-muslim-clerics-in-haryana-and-punjab.html

Good decision, this will lead to better sanitation.

Well Muslim population is almost nil in Haryana , they all left during partition and except Maler Kotla nd Kadiyan there are no muslims in Punjab ..not sure about Himachal ...... In these region such fatwas will have very less impact due to less populace although its a good decision.

Well Muslim population is almost nil in Haryana , they all left during partition and except Maler Kotla nd Kadiyan there are no muslims in Punjab ..not sure about Himachal ...... In these region such fatwas will have very less impact due to less populace although its a good decision.
Mewat in Haryana is Muslim dominated district, there are some Muslims in Panipat bordering western UP. And Mewat is the most backward area of Haryana, I believe that's what Maulana had in mind when mentioning Haryana.

Right but the ratio as compare to other is still negligible , I know there are ghettos in almost all districts .
Mewat in Haryana is Muslim dominated district, there are some Muslims in Panipat bordering western UP. And Mewat is the most backward area of Haryana, I believe that's what Maulana had in mind when mentioning Haryana.

Right but the ratio as compare to other is still negligible , I know there are ghettos in almost all districts .
Ghettos are negligible in Haryana, Muslim population is mostly concentrated in Mewat and in and around Panipat.

Right bust some areas specifically concentrated by Muslims , Idgah colony near Shani mandir in Sonipat and Muslim colony in Gohana ...not sure about other places :) and you are right the concentration is mainly in Mewat
Ghettos are negligible in Haryana, Muslim population is mostly concentrated in Mewat and in and around Panipat.

Im pretty sure Islam has been around a lot longer than the Toilet.
if moulvis and muftis can be agents of change, why not applaud their effort. like it or not, they have some influence on people and if they are helping in bringing better life for people, why not support them.
Govt used them for supporting vaccine campaign too(muslims of India think govt is conspiring to reduce fertility by using vaccines).
btw mulana did not say its unislamic not to have toilet, simply that you wont get to use their service.

Back
Top Bottom