What's new

No need for 126 Rafales: Parrikar

Or simply India is a drama queen.
India can afford to be drama queen

we get them as their right of birth and succession to rule us through democracy

why dont you change your signature. do you want to define yourself by cursing someone?

The mother of all deal, pissed in the end.
8 year long process ended due to financial constraints.
What a pitty.

Drama or no Drama...

I for one am glad that a decision has been made...
The only frustrating part of this entire MMRCA ordeal was the slow and pathetic indecisiveness of the Congress Govt.

At least the Modi Govt. has the cojones to take quick and strong decisions, even if it feels like a "opportunity loss", at least now we know where we have to go or start exploring alternatives..

We still have access to all range of fighters...I don't see a problem here if we really needed the fighters badly, F-16 could show up on a platter within a few years...But that again would be "settling"
And if it truly were a reallocation of resources to beef up other military assets (as Parrikar mentioned), then maybe it is the right decision given the current threat matrix...

Going for Saab gripen with co-development of tejas mk2 and in future for amca should be the next step!!!
As 36 rafale would be used for strategic purposes...lca mk2 and gripen will be work horses...

Wat is the flyaway cost of gripen e/f??
So let's start another decade long process and then finally end up with deals like mere 36 jets for face saving.

I think 36 Rafale +49 m2k = 85 are good number to full fill needs of Iaf another 8-10 years Multirole requirements
36 jet deal is yet to be signed. With already confirm orders of Rafale from Egypt, Indonesia and Qatar, Indian order will be the last one in the production line.

Keeping in view the already confirm orders in hand and production rate of 11 jets per year. Indian order will be complete some what around 2019-20.

Funny how Lockheed never thought of complaining or contesting our decision to throw it out. Did you read any report in Air Force Monthly from any anonymous source of them doing so:lol:
You be surprised since it's beyond your comprehension ability, anyway as IB said the thread is not about F-16.

Keeping in view the already confirm orders in hand ,and production rate of 11 jets per year. Indian order will be complete some what around 2019-20.

Trappier said that the production rate of the Rafale will be increased from 11 to 24/year if a new deal is signed.

Who knows, One day these Indians may find out the real reason for not selecting the F-16. !!!
the proposed F16IN was more advanced than anything you guys had, lost out to others who better fit the criteria fair and square I guess.

I'm curious though, the bolded part of your message seems to suggest you know something.. let us all in !

You be surprised since it's beyond your comprehension ability, anyway as IB said the thread is not about F-16.
Its not about me, its about the readers. As can be judged from the above statement, you do have a source but refuse to show due to a lack of belief in my comprehension abilities, please provide the readers with a source and show that IAF rejected F-16 without any technical consideration and in fact did it simply out of spite (as claimed by you).

I'm curious though, the bolded part of your message seems to suggest you know something.. let us all in !
ah dude you stole my thunder ^^:mad:

ah dude you stole my thunder ^^:mad:
oops, but now that we've both pinged him, maybe we'll finally learn about the 'real reason' we don't have the glorious superior to MKI even viper, or maybe it was an ISI agent in Parrikar's office who sabotaged the whole deal. :woot:

should be a good one :pop:

oops, but now that we've both pinged him, maybe we'll finally learn about the 'real reason' we don't have the glorious superior to MKI even viper, or maybe it was an ISI agent in Parrikar's office who sabotaged the whole deal. :woot:

should be a good one :pop:
A whole load of jammed winds are about to be released in the posts that follow. Are you ready?

stock-photo-man-smells-something-stinky-and-pinches-his-nose-to-stop-the-bad-odor-209808808.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom