What's new

No evidence of China supporting Maoists: Chidambaram

There is no point arguing about "who started it", it's done and finished.

Saurabh also clearly said that both Mao and Nehru shared the blame.

The question is how do we improve regional stability TODAY.

The answer is economics, slowly but surely China and India will build up such a large amount of bilateral trade that there will be no point in any hostility between us. International trade will provide mutual benefits to both sides.

It's the Asian century. :cheers:

If you read Indian history, Nehru was one of the most peace loving leaders. He would not have wanted conflict. Doesn't means he is not to be blamed, and his subordinates were too stupid too.
About Tibet, its simple, a Buddhist monk wanted asylum. We gave it to him. His struggle is a separate story, and should have been basis of talks and not war.

Yes I can't really blame India for allowing the Dalai lama in, he was a refugee after all, it had nothing to do with sovereignty over Tibet.

India's core interests involve the protection of various minority groups, including refugees. They couldn't have turned him away.

As I said, its lack of dialogs. Both sides could not properly convey each other. It was more of a misunderstanding. Now if you go search, you would find articles blaming both sides, like you found one blaming India.

If you read Indian history, Nehru was one of the most peace loving leaders. He would not have wanted conflict. Doesn't means he is not to be blamed, and his subordinates were too stupid too.
About Tibet, its simple, a Buddhist monk wanted asylum. We gave it to him. His struggle is a separate story, and should have been basis of talks and not war.

Nehru started the FORWARD POLICY, which was basically send troops forward and take as much territory as possible. Under the forward policy Nehru chooses the border himself.

Nehru sent troops for 12 years, he told Mao to go die basically 144 times+

China has no hand in the blame for the 1962 war.

Nehru wanted 100% of the disputed territory so he sent his soldiers to take it by force. Plain and simple.

There is no point arguing about "who started it", it's done and finished.

Nah, it solves one purpose. We get to know each other better. Most of the hostility is because of misunderstanding of the past, remember. We Indians believe China back stabbed us. Chinese point of view is quite different. Even now, in forums like this, we have unnecessary arguments. Just cause we imagine each other to be enemy, while there is no point in it!

Economy may bring peace, but for friendship, we need dialogs.

Nehru started the FORWARD POLICY, which was basically send troops forward and take as much territory as possible. Under the forward policy Nehru chooses the border himself.

Nehru sent troops for 12 years, he told Mao to go die basically 144 times+

China has no hand in the blame for the 1962 war.

Nehru wanted 100% of the disputed territory so he sent his soldiers to take it by force. Plain and simple.

For that, you have to blame his stupid team. From may be foreign and defence minister to army chief. He was just an idiot who trusted them.

Anyway, thats a mistake of past. Do you really have any reason to be hostile today??!!

Nah, it solves one purpose. We get to know each other better. Most of the hostility is because of misunderstanding of the past, remember. We Indians believe China back stabbed us. Chinese point of view is quite different. Even now, in forums like this, we have unnecessary arguments. Just cause we imagine each other to be enemy, while there is no point in it!

Fair enough. :cheers:

I can certainly understand why many Indian people hold negative feelings towards China after the 1962 war. Chairman Mao attacked unexpectedly and forcefully, and seized territory which is still disputed to this day. Because it was a "surprise attack", many Indians saw it as a stab in the back.

Then of course we have the Tibet issue which is of importance to India, because Tibet is a sanctuary of Buddhism. I can understand that as well, after all... my family are Buddhists too.

Buddhism originated in India, so it's natural that many Indians see Tibet as a sticking point in our relationship. Despite that, India has respected our sovereignty over Tibet from the very beginning. These Tibetans are Chinese citizens, and so we have a DUTY of care towards them, which some people think we have not fulfilled. I believe that much more needs to be done in this area.

In every land dispute in history sending soldiers into disputed land will 100% of the time get them attacked.

Just like the Korean DMZ, anybody stupid enough to enter there will get shot.

India sent troops into disputed area and captured 80% of it before the chinese counter attacked.

China's only goal was to punish Indian aggression, not that If Mao was truly the evil heartless dictator you deem him to be Mao would have simply kept the captured territory. Instead Mao pulled back his troops and sent message to Nehru requesting that they resolve it diplomatically.

In every land dispute in history sending soldiers into disputed land will 100% of the time get them attacked.

India sent troops into disputed area and captured 80% of it before the chinese counter attacked.

China's only goal was to punish Indian aggression, not that If Mao was truly the evil heartless dictator you deem him to be Mao would have simply kept the captured territory. Instead Mao pulled back his troops and sent message to Nehru requesting that they resolve it diplomatically.

That is one the misunderstandings. And that is the reason I call Nehru an idiot. Before the war, he didn't even knew it was disputed territory. He used to think Chinese accept the Mcmahon line. This is where lack of dialogs come into picture.

Wake up Sir.. Do you really think if we have forward policy that time then we lost so badly in ALOC?.. While we could successfully saved ourselves in AP..

We never started and just respected Macmohan Line it was you who never believed in all this.. Leave India just go and read about how many border disputes/wars happened during Mao's regime.. He was the one with "Forward Policy" while we are always Non-aligned nation..

Fair enough. :cheers:

I can certainly understand why many Indian people hold negative feelings towards China after the 1962 war. Chairman Mao attacked unexpectedly and forcefully, and seized territory which is still disputed to this day. Because it was a "surprise attack", many Indians saw it as a stab in the back.

Then of course we have the Tibet issue which is of importance to India, because Tibet is a sanctuary of Buddhism. I can understand that as well, after all... my family are Buddhists too.

Buddhism originated in India, so it's natural that many Indians see Tibet as a sticking point in our relationship. Despite that, India has respected our sovereignty over Tibet from the very beginning. These Tibetans are Chinese citizens, and so we have a DUTY of care towards them, which some people think we have not fulfilled. I believe that much more needs to be done in this area.

CD, see we can't be blamed for supporting Tibet's as before 1950 That was considered a nation and had very good relations with us. Once the Chinese invasion started we can't deny them as refugee and His holiness came as guest to us and we can't treat a spiritual guru in other way.

Politically, afterwards we supported your stance on Tibet and negotiated Sikkim with the same. The back stabbing part comes as we always supported your point and come up with "Hindi Chini Bhai Bhai" (Indians and Chinese are brothers) while we got a full fledged attack on barren territory and lost subsequent land to you. We dont have problem with the war but we have problem with the gesture we recieved in turns of friendly hand. This even today strongly stops an Indian to move as a friend with Chinese. Once we have pretty much dialogue and work together then i think these all will be vanished.

Your post was not on topic.
You misunderstood my point completely.
Apart from first, what is India has to do with rest?

Nothing buddy... any problem or movement in Pakistan is always seen as work of RAW.. I am still wondering that Karachi selective killing is not yet attached with the RAW.

CD, see we can't be blamed for supporting Tibet's as before 1950 That was considered a nation and had very good relations with us. Once the Chinese invasion started we can't deny them as refugee and His holiness came as guest to us and we can't treat a spiritual guru in other way.

Politically, afterwards we supported your stance on Tibet and negotiated Sikkim with the same. The back stabbing part comes as we always supported your point and come up with "Hindi Chini Bhai Bhai" (Indians and Chinese are brothers) while we got a full fledged attack on barren territory and lost subsequent land to you. We dont have problem with the war but we have problem with the gesture we recieved in turns of friendly hand. This even today strongly stops an Indian to move as a friend with Chinese. Once we have pretty much dialogue and work together then i think these all will be vanished.

Good post, I agree with all of it. :cheers:

The thing is, it was "Chairman Mao" who was responsible for all of that, including the 1962 war.

Chairman Mao's failed economic policies also led to the deaths of millions of innocent Chinese people, so we suffered horribly as well.

So I hope India realises that the war was because of Chairman Mao... not because of the Chinese people. The Chinese people had no say in the issue, we had no influence on the decision making process that led up to the war.

Back
Top Bottom