What's new

New RSS diktat to Modi govt: Ban 'anti-Make in India' Flipkart, Amazon

It's not about VHP or RSS, it is about law and the issue has been raised by others also. Ecommerce companies should change their business model to ebay model or find Indian investors, till the time govt. approves FDI in multi-brand retail.

Flipkart has bought myntra, and letsbuy also.
Gotcha!
But frankly I dont know the difference in the way ebay and flipkart functions, I'm used to visiting sites which 're well known in this part of the world like groupon.
And when I visited ebay.in and flipkart it shows me the same set of dresses though at slightly different rates.So what exactly is the difference?
nair said:
At times LuLu in cochin does that..... they will sell Led TV's at 50% off, the price is lower than the billing price of the manufacturer......But they make up this loss in other products....
Lulu does the same here too, on the older models.
Recently I was able to buy a laptop (hp elite book 840 G1) at half the market price through a vendor. I guess the amount he'd quoted would 've still fetched him some profit.So I was left wondering if the market price of electronic goods 're very exaggerated in the market?

Gotcha!
But frankly I dont know the difference in the way ebay and flipkart functions, I'm used to visiting sites which 're well known in this part of the world like groupon.
And when I visited ebay.in and flipkart it shows me the same set of dresses though at slightly different rates.So what exactly is the difference?

Lulu does the same here too, on the older models.
Recently I was able to buy a laptop (hp elite book 840 G1) at half the market price through a vendor. I guess the amount he'd quoted would 've still fetched him some profit.So I was left wondering if the market price of electronic goods 're very exaggerated in the market?

Ebay is a pure 'marketplace' model, they are offering their platform for 'sellers' and 'buyers' to meet and transact, ebay charges the sellers for using their platform.

Flipkart, snapdeal, amazon India, myntra, etc. follow a hybrid model where they are a marketplace with third party sellers AND they have their sister companies working as 'sellers' also. The 2nd part makes them illegal as FDI is not allowed in multi-brand retail, and these companies have huge FDI and amazon is a foreign company.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom