What's new

New Israeli ground offensive strategy against Palestinian neighbourhoods & villages

You can read it yourself instead of asking help from taliban sympathiser who think attack on TTP is attack on pashtuns

here is details and read how it was conducted after evacuation of more than 450,000 civilians

Operation Zarb-e-Azb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a result of the operation, 929,859 displaced civilians were registered by the Pakistani authorities, as of 14 July. These civilians belonged to 80,302 families.[13]Financial support, relief goods and food packages were also being distributed among the refugees. 33 donation points were established across Pakistan by the Pakistan Army

You can read it yourself instead of asking help from taliban sympathiser who think attack on TTP is attack on pashtuns

here is details and read how it was conducted after evacuation of more than 450,000 civilians

Operation Zarb-e-Azb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a result of the operation, 929,859 displaced civilians were registered by the Pakistani authorities, as of 14 July. These civilians belonged to 80,302 families.[13]Financial support, relief goods and food packages were also being distributed among the refugees. 33 donation points were established across Pakistan by the Pakistan Army

I asked him because he's a local. And that zarb e azab thread only tells us what ISPR tells us. Now while I support PA in their fight against Talibs, any realistic person knows relying only on Army propaganda in war would be stupid.

For example - Tirah valley and how Talibs were dying like flies there last year - well they were using F16s there only last month... something does not add up...

I asked him because he's a local. And that zarb e azab thread only tells us what ISPR tells us. Now while I support PA in their fight against Talibs, any realistic person knows relying only on Army propaganda in war would be stupid.

For example - Tirah valley and how Talibs were dying like flies there last year - well they were using F16s there only last month... something does not add up...

Its very stupid to compare these two conflicts which are different in nature and has different origin and background and he is local but he has no access in areas where operation is going on so his opinion hold no values

Its very stupid to compare these two conflicts which are different in nature and has different origin and background and he is local but he has no access in areas where operation is going on so his opinion hold no values

Fine, if his opinion holds no value, it should not bother anyone right?

BTW almost everyone posting on the thread has no access to actual war in NW. They are all posting ISPR propaganda. Have an open mind about ''nationalistic'' things. For example your irrational and gullible belief that when half a millon civilians evcuated, the Talibs decided to hang around to offer target practice to F16s...

Its most stupid comparison which i ever read on PDF. Mr think tank you are comparing apple with orange. Pakistan army is shooting at legitimate targets after displacing the civilians from that areas where there are training camps of terrorist unlike your Israeli brothers who blindly fire rockets, missiles and tank shelling on civilians populated areas which result civilian casualties in great numbers including children and women
I was talking about strategy
you are talking about tactics

From military history perspective, the two are different even though many newbies tend to mix them together.

Hope you understand.

I was talking about strategy
you are talking about tactics

From military history perspective, the two are different even though many newbies tend to mix them together.

Hope you understand.

A bigot trying to sound like an intellectual!

Relax my friend. There is a huge difference. PALESTINE is a country occupied by Israel just like Kashmir is occupied by India and those who are fighting for it's cause are defined as freedom fighters.
What I told you remember? No way on earth do Operation protective edge resembles with Operation Zarb e azb.
Operation azb is launched because terrorists attacked in our very important areas,killing women,children and jawans. We have lost 4000+ in last year-2013!
We have launched this Operation after failure of complete evacuation of terrorists from Pakistan.So,we have strong reason:4,000+ in last year only.Whereas protective edge is only released after abduction of 3 Israeli teens.
In our case,TTP has accepted for all those murders.Hamas has rejected in other case.
So,in no way these two operations and scenario are similar,ya-Akhi.
Palestine is a state damn it ,and TTP is a funded terrorists organization.
The whole world is supporting our operation not that of Israelis.So,now they are with new logic.
These people have lost their mind.:girl_wacko:
Hazzy,the whole world is mad which is protesting?Just take it with pinch of salt.Their art of applying logic will not change the truth.:kiss3:
You cannot change anyone's mind and vice versa:D
Regards

Since you bring Kashmir, I have to reply on your own language.

There is a huge difference.Israel is a country fighting against terrorists who follows a specific ideology and this terrorism is originated from neighbouring countries just like India is fighting against terrorists in Kashmir who follows the same ideology and this terrorism is originated from neighbouring countries. Supporter of terrorists and followers of terrorism who also follow the same ideology call these terrorists as freedom fighters.
But when these terrorists strike back the same terrorist sympathizers starts some Operation Like Operation Zarb e azb. But as long as terrorists kill citizens of other countries , its ok and is called as collateral damage. These terrorist sympathizers also will remain silent. According to them 9/11 was an insiders job, 26/11 was a freedom movement and Osama was a saint.

By the way people following a certain ideology are innocents only. Rest , who does not follow that ideology are wajeb-ul-qatal.

pakistan is very well trained and we have very brave soldiers israelis of the other hand i don't need to say much.. they have the equipment but they don't have the hearts..

Only Pakistanis consider Pakistani soldiers to the bravest of the brave, best trained and no other soldiers can match up to them. You make it sound like Pakistani soldiers can take on technologically advanced armies with their bare hand and emerge victorious. Israel has never lost a war, and given bloody nose to armies many times it size, Pakistan army's record on the other hand hasn't been that great (but lets not go there). Ease up on the rhetoric eh, makes you guys look silly.

Only Pakistanis consider Pakistani soldiers to the bravest of the brave, best trained and no other soldiers can match up to them. You make it sound like Pakistani soldiers can take on technologically advanced armies with their bare hand and emerge victorious. Israel has never lost a war, and given bloody nose to armies many times it size, Pakistan army's record on the other hand hasn't been that great (but lets not go there). Ease up on the rhetoric eh, makes you guys look silly.

Even a rag tag army can show bravery against the Arab armies of the sheikhs and sultans! The Arab armies are as brave and witty as their fat sheikhs. This is the essence of the so-called 'invincibility' of the IDF!

Since you bring Kashmir, I have to reply on your own language.

There is a huge difference.Israel is a country fighting against terrorists who follows a specific ideology and this terrorism is originated from neighbouring countries just like India is fighting against terrorists in Kashmir who follows the same ideology and this terrorism is originated from neighbouring countries. Supporter of terrorists and followers of terrorism who also follow the same ideology call these terrorists as freedom fighters.
But when these terrorists strike back the same terrorist sympathizers starts some Operation Like Operation Zarb e azb. But as long as terrorists kill citizens of other countries , its ok and is called as collateral damage. These terrorist sympathizers also will remain silent. According to them 9/11 was an insiders job, 26/11 was a freedom movement and Osama was a saint.

By the way people following a certain ideology are innocents only. Rest , who does not follow that ideology are wajeb-ul-qatal.
I know since beginning that why Indians are supporting Israel,so that they could justify their actions and mass murder in Kashmir.
So,that they could justify their occupation of Kashmir:cheesy:
Verily, the suppressor force will never want the one which it is trying to engulf ever to resists.The predator always kill it's prey first then eats it up.
When such forces show minimum resistance then it is usually drama that you people do to win world's support.
Just like Israel,your forces entered to their cities and began their mass murder,first.When they showed resistance and it is a common sense then you people start whining,that they are terrorists...they are blowing us up.
What a beautiful logic, bringing your scenario and resembling it with hamas which is a force fighting to protect Palestine against Israeli occupation and crying state sponsored terrorism everywhere,but not enlightening the world that what you people have done in and supported mukti bahini, earlier all operations such as deep strike etc inside Pakistan.unlike Palestine,which has not occupied any land. :coffee:
As I have said earlier,it is useless to debate and argue .I will never change your mind nor you can mine.stay happy and blessed.

Regards

I know since beginning that why Indians are supporting Israel,so that they could justify their actions and mass murder in Kashmir.
So,that they could justify their occupation of Kashmir:cheesy:
Verily, the suppressor force will never want the one which it is trying to engulf ever to resists.The predator always kill it's prey first then eats it up.
When such forces show minimum resistance then it is usually drama that you people do to win world's support.
Just like Israel,your forces entered to their cities and began their mass murder,first.When they showed resistance and it is a common sense then you people start whining,that they are terrorists...they are blowing us up.
What a beautiful logic, bringing your scenario and resembling it with hamas which is a force fighting to protect Palestine against Israeli occupation and crying state sponsored terrorism everywhere,but not enlightening the world that what you people have done in and supported mukti bahini, earlier all operations such as deep strike etc inside Pakistan.unlike Palestine,which has not occupied any land. :coffee:
As I have said earlier,it is useless to debate and argue .I will never change your mind nor you can mine.stay happy and blessed.

Regards

I know since beginning that why Pakistanis are supporting Palestines,so that they could justify their actions and mass displacement of Kashmiri Pundits in Kashmir.
So,that they could justify terrorism in India and all other countries.:cheesy:
Verily, the suppressor ideology will never want the one which it is trying to engulf ever to resists.The predator always kill it's prey first then eats it up.
When such an ideology show minimum resistance then it is usually drama that you people do to win world's support.
Just like TALIBANS, your ideology entered to our land and began this conflict, resulting mass evacuation of our people,first. The slogans like Rhalib, Ghalib or chalib is still written there. When we retaliated and it is a common sense then you people start whining,that we are oppressors, we are mass murderers.
What a beautiful logic, bringing your scenario and resembling it with KASHMIR where we are fighting to protect our civilization against this hate ideology and crying state sponsored terrorism everywhere,but not enlightening the world that what you people have done it and supported these terrorists, making those arab invaders as heroes, supporting mumbai attacks, started all the wars against India.unlike India,which has never attacked any foreign land through out history . We have never imposed our ideology on others where as every where you people tried to enforce your ideology on us, by sword.

By the way, its just the ideology we hate, but we dont hate you. :coffee:

Regards

I know since beginning that why Pakistanis are supporting Palestines,so that they could justify their actions and mass displacement of Kashmiri Pundits in Kashmir.
So,that they could justify terrorism in India and all other countries.:cheesy:
Verily, the suppressor ideology will never want the one which it is trying to engulf ever to resists.The predator always kill it's prey first then eats it up.
When such an ideology show minimum resistance then it is usually drama that you people do to win world's support.
Just like TALIBANS, your ideology entered to our land and began this conflict, resulting mass evacuation of our people,first. The slogans like Rhalib, Ghalib or chalib is still written there. When we retaliated and it is a common sense then you people start whining,that we are oppressors, we are mass murderers.
What a beautiful logic, bringing your scenario and resembling it with KASHMIR where we are fighting to protect our civilization against this hate ideology and crying state sponsored terrorism everywhere,but not enlightening the world that what you people have done it and supported these terrorists, making those arab invaders as heroes, supporting mumbai attacks, started all the wars against India.unlike India,which has never attacked any foreign land through out history . We have never imposed our ideology on others where as every where you people tried to enforce your ideology on us, by sword.

By the way, its just the ideology we hate, but we dont hate you. :coffee:

Regards
Yeah ,we people are terrorist and Taliban sympathizers.Indians are heroes, they are so innocent my God.They are doing everything to protect Hindu Pandits while muslims in Ahmedabad etc are mass murdered right under their nose.See,they are so innocent...they didn't entered inside Kashmir in 1948,Kashmir have lost their mind.The human right reports are big time lying.We are responsible for your misery.I am so sorry,.BTW it is your usual hindularism (masking Hindu rule in the name of secularism) is what we hate,but don't worry my friend we will still take care of you:whistle:

Below is a list of incidents reported by Amnesty International, the Kashmir Quarterly (a publication of the Kashmiri-Canadian Council), and the United States Department of State.

DEATHS:

"In its 1996-1997 report, the National Human Rights Commission, (NHRC), stated that 1,375 armed forces personnel had been killed and 2,237 injured in Jammu and Kashmir between January 1, 1988 and April 30, 1997.

In 1997, the totals were 918 civilians, 189 security forces personnel and 1,114 militants, according to reliable press reports."

From the U.S. Department of State's, India Country Report on Human Rights Practices for 1998.

According to the Kashmiri-Canadian Council, 47,455 Kashmiris have died since October 1989.

EXECUTIONS:

"General S. Padmanabhan said that the (Indian) Ministry of Defense had issued orders to troops posted in Jammu and Kashmir to shoot on sight any of the 300 "infiltrators" it believed to be currently fighting in Jammu and Kashmir. Referring to some 1,000 Kashmiri as "hard core guerrillas", he said that if they renewed their subversive activities, "we will eliminate them too."

From an Amnesty International press release, October 15, 1996.

"The [Indian] government's disregard for human rights in Jammu and Kashmir means in practice that some 200 people reportedly died in custody in Jammu and Kashmir last year and that the whereabouts of some 500 to 600 "disappeared " persons continue to be unknown. The arbitrary arrests of people suspected to sympathize with armed opposition groups also continues to be reported."

From an Amnesty International press release, August 14, 1998.

USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE AND VIOLATIONS OF HUMANITARIAN LAW IN INTERNAL CONFLICTS:

"Government forces continue to commit serious violations of humanitarian law in the disputed state of Jammu and Kashmir. Between 350,000 and 400,000 army and paramilitary forces are deployed in Jammu and Kashmir.

The Muslim majority population in the Kashmir Valley suffers from the repressive tactics of the security forces.

Under the Jammu and Kashmir Disturbed Areas Act, and the Armed Forces (Jammu and Kashmir) Special Powers Act, both passed in July 1990, security forces personnel have extraordinary powers, including authority to shoot suspected lawbreakers and those disturbing the peace, and to destroy structures suspected of harboring militants or arms."

From the U.S. Department of State's, India Country Report on Human Rights Practices for 1998.

RAPE:

According to the Kashmiri-Canadian Council, 6,300 Kashmiri women have been raped.

"Rape is used by the Indian security forces to attack Kashmiri women suspected of sympathizing with "militants." Through rape, the security forces are aiming to punish and humiliate the entire community."

From Human Rights Watch.

"In Singhpur village, occupation forces barged into the house of Abdul Ahad and forcibly took his wife and daughter to a military camp where they were gang-raped."

From Kashmir Quarterly, November 8, 1997.

"DISAPPEARANCES:"

"Since 1990, some 700 to 800 people have "disappeared" after being arrested by police or armed or paramilitary forces. The victims have included boys and men of all ages and all professions, including businessmen, lawyers, laborers and many teachers. Almost all of them appear to be ordinary citizens picked up at random, without any connection to the armed struggle."

From the Amnesty International report, "If they are dead, tell us - Disappearances in Jammu and Kashmir," February 1999.

"It is virtually impossible for relatives of the 'disappeared' in India's troubled northern state to trace their relatives or find redress from the institutions supposed to protect and promote human rights, including police, security forces, the courts and statutory human rights bodies," the report argues.

From an Amnesty International press release, February 22, 1999.

TORTURE:

"In the month of Ramadan, besides being physically tortured, Kashmiris are prevented from taking their early morning meal before starting their day of fast. They were also prevented from participating in the late evening prayers. A reign of terror was let loose in Srinagar where people were ordered out of their homes at morning mealtime."

From the Kashmir Quarterly, January 14, 1997.

"Indian Forces killed six citizens, torched two mosques, 15 shops and seven houses in various parts of the valley. As a result, there were protest demonstrations in many cities. Troops desecrated the central Srinagar mosque and tortured worshippers whom they found inside."

From the Kashmir Quarterly, October 12, 1997.

An excerpt from the Amnesty International report: "India: the impunity must end in Jammu and Kashmir," 23/04/2001:

• On 27 March 1996, the dead body of human rights lawyer Jalil Andrabi was found in the river Jhelum, 19 days after he had been seen taken away by military personnel. (1) His killers remain free.
  • On 30 March 1996, 23 members of the faction of the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front led by Amanullah Khan were killed when police fired mortar shells at their office in Srinagar.(2) Their killers remain free.
  • On 18 September 1997, 11 people, including women and children, were killed by mortar shelling at Arin Bandipora. The killers remain free.
  • In January 1998, nine people, including a woman and child, were killed in Kadrana village, Doda district, when army soldiers opened fire on people protesting an earlier arrest. The killers are free.
  • In July 1998, 40 people, including women and children were killed in and near Surankote. The killers remain free.
  • On 28 June 1999, fifteen members of two Muslim families, including women and children, were shot dead at Surankote, Poonch district, by unidentified gunmen wearing army uniforms who shot two more women as they fled. The killers remain free.
  • On 20 March 2000, 36 Sikhs were shot dead in Chittisinghpora; on 25 March 2000, five men were unlawfully killed who were implicated in the earlier killings. On 3 April 2000, seven people demonstrating against the earlier two incidents were shot dead by police. The killers of these 48 people remain free.
  • On the night of 1 August 2000, at least 105 people were shot dead in several different incidents. The killers remain free.
  • On 15 February 2001, six people were shot dead in Haigam during protests at an earlier death in custody when security forces and/or police opened fire on them. The killers remain free.
This list is by no means exhaustive. Many more such incidents have come to Amnesty International's attention and others must be assumed to go unnoticed and unreported. The unlawful killings described above all involve a large number of victims. Almost daily, unlawful killings of one or two individuals are reported in Jammu and Kashmir as well. Amnesty International recorded 70 deaths in custody and extrajudicial killings in the period January to August 2000 alone. The cease-fire in force since 28 November 2000 has not improved the human rights situation in the state as deaths in custody, extrajudicial executions by state agents and unlawful killings by armed groups continue unabated. Between the beginning of the cease-fire and mid-February 2001, some 23 extrajudicial executions have been reported in the media, in 15 of which the Special Operations Group have been implicated.(3)

Common to all of these instances is that the perpetrators of unlawful killings are free.... Many of the unlawful killings in Jammu and Kashmir have been perpetrated by armed opposition groups who have failed to distinguish between combatants and non-combatants and to spare the physical integrity and lives of non-combatants as required by international humanitarian standards. Amnesty International has repeatedly urged armed groups in Jammu and Kashmir to act in consonance with minimum standards of humanitarian law and today reiterates this appeal.(4) Other unlawful killings have been carried out by agents of the state, including state police, central police force and miliary or paramilitary forces.

...Impunity in Jammu and Kashmir is not restricted to the commission of unlawful killings; rape, torture and 'disappearance' in the custody of the state are also perpetrated with impunity. This report, however, focuses on unlawful killings as Amnesty International has observed an upsurge of custodial deaths and extrajudicial killings by agents of the state as well as unlawful killings by armed groups in recent months and believes that the impunity surrounding this particularly grave violation of human rights needs to be urgently addressed by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir.

© 2004, Human Development Foundation. All rights reserved.
Regards

Last edited:
Please keep Kashmir and Taliban out of this thread. We are discussing new Israeli army strategy to attack Casbah. If you have anything to add from last Israeli attack on Lebanon and Hizbullah tactics and strategy to counter them, please post here

Yeah ,we people are terrorist and Taliban sympathies .Indians are heroes, they are so innocent my God.They are doing everything to protect Hindu Pandits while muslims in Ahmedabad etc are mass murdered right under their nose.See,they are so innocent...they didn't entered inside Kashmir in 1948,Kashmir have lost their mind.The human right reports are big time lying.We are responsible for your misery.I am so sorry.BTW it is your usual hindularism (masking Hindu rule in the name of secularism) is what we hate,but don't worry my friend we will still take care of you:whistle:

Below is a list of incidents reported by Amnesty International, the Kashmir Quarterly (a publication of the Kashmiri-Canadian Council), and the United States Department of State.

DEATHS:

"In its 1996-1997 report, the National Human Rights Commission, (NHRC), stated that 1,375 armed forces personnel had been killed and 2,237 injured in Jammu and Kashmir between January 1, 1988 and April 30, 1997.

In 1997, the totals were 918 civilians, 189 security forces personnel and 1,114 militants, according to reliable press reports."

According to the Kashmiri-Canadian Council, 47,455 Kashmiris have died since October 1989.

EXECUTIONS:

"General S. Padmanabhan said that the (Indian) Ministry of Defense had issued orders to troops posted in Jammu and Kashmir to shoot on sight any of the 300 "infiltrators" it believed to be currently fighting in Jammu and Kashmir. Referring to some 1,000 Kashmiri as "hard core guerrillas", he said that if they renewed their subversive activities, "we will eliminate them too."

From an Amnesty International press release, October 15, 1996.

"The [Indian] government's disregard for human rights in Jammu and Kashmir means in practice that some 200 people reportedly died in custody in Jammu and Kashmir last year and that the whereabouts of some 500 to 600 "disappeared " persons continue to be unknown. The arbitrary arrests of people suspected to sympathize with armed opposition groups also continues to be reported."

From an Amnesty International press release, August 14, 1998.

USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE AND VIOLATIONS OF HUMANITARIAN LAW IN INTERNAL CONFLICTS:

"Government forces continue to commit serious violations of humanitarian law in the disputed state of Jammu and Kashmir. Between 350,000 and 400,000 army and paramilitary forces are deployed in Jammu and Kashmir.

The Muslim majority population in the Kashmir Valley suffers from the repressive tactics of the security forces.

Under the Jammu and Kashmir Disturbed Areas Act, and the Armed Forces (Jammu and Kashmir) Special Powers Act, both passed in July 1990, security forces personnel have extraordinary powers, including authority to shoot suspected lawbreakers and those disturbing the peace, and to destroy structures suspected of harboring militants or arms."

RAPE:

According to the Kashmiri-Canadian Council, 6,300 Kashmiri women have been raped.

"Rape is used by the Indian security forces to attack Kashmiri women suspected of sympathizing with "militants." Through rape, the security forces are aiming to punish and humiliate the entire community."

From Human Rights Watch.

"In Singhpur village, occupation forces barged into the house of Abdul Ahad and forcibly took his wife and daughter to a military camp where they were gang-raped."

From Kashmir Quarterly, November 8, 1997.

"DISAPPEARANCES:"

"Since 1990, some 700 to 800 people have "disappeared" after being arrested by police or armed or paramilitary forces. The victims have included boys and men of all ages and all professions, including businessmen, lawyers, laborers and many teachers. Almost all of them appear to be ordinary citizens picked up at random, without any connection to the armed struggle."

From the Amnesty International report, "If they are dead, tell us - Disappearances in Jammu and Kashmir," February 1999.

"It is virtually impossible for relatives of the 'disappeared' in India's troubled northern state to trace their relatives or find redress from the institutions supposed to protect and promote human rights, including police, security forces, the courts and statutory human rights bodies," the report argues.

From an Amnesty International press release, February 22, 1999.

TORTURE:

"In the month of Ramadan, besides being physically tortured, Kashmiris are prevented from taking their early morning meal before starting their day of fast. They were also prevented from participating in the late evening prayers. A reign of terror was let loose in Srinagar where people were ordered out of their homes at morning mealtime."

From the Kashmir Quarterly, January 14, 1997.

"Indian Forces killed six citizens, torched two mosques, 15 shops and seven houses in various parts of the valley. As a result, there were protest demonstrations in many cities. Troops desecrated the central Srinagar mosque and tortured worshippers whom they found inside."

From the Kashmir Quarterly, October 12, 1997.

An excerpt from the Amnesty International report: "India: the impunity must end in Jammu and Kashmir," 23/04/2001:

• On 27 March 1996, the dead body of human rights lawyer Jalil Andrabi was found in the river Jhelum, 19 days after he had been seen taken away by military personnel. (1) His killers remain free.
  • On 30 March 1996, 23 members of the faction of the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front led by Amanullah Khan were killed when police fired mortar shells at their office in Srinagar.(2) Their killers remain free.
  • On 18 September 1997, 11 people, including women and children, were killed by mortar shelling at Arin Bandipora. The killers remain free.
  • In January 1998, nine people, including a woman and child, were killed in Kadrana village, Doda district, when army soldiers opened fire on people protesting an earlier arrest. The killers are free.
  • In July 1998, 40 people, including women and children were killed in and near Surankote. The killers remain free.
  • On 28 June 1999, fifteen members of two Muslim families, including women and children, were shot dead at Surankote, Poonch district, by unidentified gunmen wearing army uniforms who shot two more women as they fled. The killers remain free.
  • On 20 March 2000, 36 Sikhs were shot dead in Chittisinghpora; on 25 March 2000, five men were unlawfully killed who were implicated in the earlier killings. On 3 April 2000, seven people demonstrating against the earlier two incidents were shot dead by police. The killers of these 48 people remain free.
  • On the night of 1 August 2000, at least 105 people were shot dead in several different incidents. The killers remain free.
  • On 15 February 2001, six people were shot dead in Haigam during protests at an earlier death in custody when security forces and/or police opened fire on them. The killers remain free.
This list is by no means exhaustive. Many more such incidents have come to Amnesty International's attention and others must be assumed to go unnoticed and unreported. The unlawful killings described above all involve a large number of victims. Almost daily, unlawful killings of one or two individuals are reported in Jammu and Kashmir as well. Amnesty International recorded 70 deaths in custody and extrajudicial killings in the period January to August 2000 alone. The cease-fire in force since 28 November 2000 has not improved the human rights situation in the state as deaths in custody, extrajudicial executions by state agents and unlawful killings by armed groups continue unabated. Between the beginning of the cease-fire and mid-February 2001, some 23 extrajudicial executions have been reported in the media, in 15 of which the Special Operations Group have been implicated.(3)

Common to all of these instances is that the perpetrators of unlawful killings are free.... Many of the unlawful killings in Jammu and Kashmir have been perpetrated by armed opposition groups who have failed to distinguish between combatants and non-combatants and to spare the physical integrity and lives of non-combatants as required by international humanitarian standards. Amnesty International has repeatedly urged armed groups in Jammu and Kashmir to act in consonance with minimum standards of humanitarian law and today reiterates this appeal.(4) Other unlawful killings have been carried out by agents of the state, including state police, central police force and miliary or paramilitary forces.

...Impunity in Jammu and Kashmir is not restricted to the commission of unlawful killings; rape, torture and 'disappearance' in the custody of the state are also perpetrated with impunity. This report, however, focuses on unlawful killings as Amnesty International has observed an upsurge of custodial deaths and extrajudicial killings by agents of the state as well as unlawful killings by armed groups in recent months and believes that the impunity surrounding this particularly grave violation of human rights needs to be urgently addressed by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir.

© 2004, Human Development Foundation. All rights reserved.
Regards

layout_30.gif

That clears up why they're so defensive of Israel's policies ....:disagree:

pakistan army has roughed up army three times its size… never mind tiny israel, the whole world knows that israel doesn't stand a chance in hell against pakistan..

I fully support Hamas fighting IDF directly, for two reasons - reduction in civilian casualties being the second one.
whats the first reason?

Back
Top Bottom