What's new

New energy policy to up power generation to 26,800 MW in three years

If you have the will, anything is possible.

Ok, so its been above 2 years now. Educate us about the will of PMLN and the possibility of 26800 MW by June, 2016.

... and there will be rainbows in the skies every day!

It takes about a billion dollars of investment to create 1000MW of power on a sustainable basis, roughly speaking. Where is this $13 billion-odd going to come from given our finances?
We already have capacity, they're just not utilized. When elections are nearby, expect them to operate 100%.

Right now our transmissions don't allow enough electricity to be used, so the govt uses most efficient (or where oil mafia is supported, more expensive) way to generate electricity out of its available capacity.

I think we've 2.3gw capacity, so the hint is really adding .3gw extra.

difference b/w IK and nawaz sharif is very simple..Nawaz sharif wants the currrent system to be maintained with accelerated eonomical growth while Ik wants changes in education and tax system..

for middle and upper class elite nawaz is better as he is not going to tax you, and your children are going to private schools anyway so u dont bother about education
i mean i would like to send my children to private schools rather than pay heavy direct taxes and send them to govt school

so nawaz is the choice for upper middle classs and elite class
Which, though I don't want, is what Pakistan needs.

If you start taxing the rich, you'll drive them out of country and GDP will fall further. Dollars will come out of Pakistan and rupee will depreciate further.

Consider USA, if they raise taxes, many companies will still stay because USA is an important country to serve. But what does Pakistan offer? There is so much voilence and if you raise taxes, foreign countries start to look more attractive.

Do people know why Nike or Tommy Hilfiger gets their clothes made in Pakistan instead in USA? because higher profits due to low cost and taxes. But if taxes are raised, they'll just go to Bangladesh.

Thus, sadly, Pakistan needs Nawaz (or any pro elite). Besides, Nawaz has heavy opposition from Imran, so he has to please the elite further. If he taxes them, the elite will support Imran, give him donation and those factory/mills owners will encourage the workers to vote Imran or anyone who can secretly agree to charge less tax.

Ok, so its been above 2 years now. Educate us about the will of PMLN and the possibility of 26800 MW by June, 2016.
There won't be 26800 delivery in 2016. Expect that in 2018. The govt can deliver, but there is corruption to be done. Even if Nawaz wants these projects to be completed next year, there will be corruption at lower end. Govt contracts are quite lucarative. And Nawaz doesn't care, since he wants to win 2018. So expect a lot to be delivered in year 2018.

Government on earth always want to deliver just before election. If they deliver in first year, or second, people forget that and look at misery of last year.

That said, kpk will do a lot in year 2018 as well. Not sure about Sindh though.

Pak can get any thing he want........................................................................................................But in dream

To all my PTI burger trolls, remember how your leader said he will change the fate of pakistan within 90 days. Well, we arent asking for much, we only ask him to change the fate of kpk in 90 days. Unfortunately, he has failed so far while his chief minister is flying around in the govt helicopter. Talk about priorities.
To n league Trolls . Just show us what u have done
remember gnja and shahbaz saying within 6 months no loadshedding. As the poster in above thread says everything is honky dory On paper . Thats all it is on paper . Nandipur what happened its still not producing an iota of energy. The kick back league is in full swing

Thus, sadly, Pakistan needs Nawaz (or any pro elite). Besides, Nawaz has heavy opposition from Imran, so he has to please the elite further. If he taxes them, the elite will support Imran, give him donation and those factory/mills owners will encourage the workers to vote Imran or anyone who can secretly agree to charge less tax.

Tax rates are already too high....

People are simply uneducated about current income tax rates.....

Nawaz governments have never done anything to lower taxes, they've only raised tax rates and imposed newer taxes...and it's doing a lot of harm to the economy.

There won't be 26800 delivery in 2016. Expect that in 2018. The govt can deliver, but there is corruption to be done. Even if Nawaz wants these projects to be completed next year, there will be corruption at lower end. Govt contracts are quite lucarative. And Nawaz doesn't care, since he wants to win 2018. So expect a lot to be delivered in year 2018.

and why does nawaz want to win 2018 election or any other election for that matter ? Sadqa Jariya ?

lol.....

it's the lucrative gov. contracts that they work for.....

remember that scene in the godfather where michael corleone's dad (the don) tells michael that he wished michael could get into politics and become one of the big shots and hold the strings.....?

well, the ganja brothers succeeded where michael corleone failed....

edit :

this is the quote right here :

"I knew that Santino was gonna have to go through all this. And Fredo... Fredo was, well... But I never wanted any of this for you! I worked my whole life. I don't apologize for taking care of my family. And I refused to be a fool, dancing on a string held by all those big shots. I don't apologize, that's my life, but I thought that... that when it was your time, you would be the one to hold the strings. Senator Corleone, Governor Corleone, something."

If you start taxing the rich, you'll drive them out of country and GDP will fall further. Dollars will come out of Pakistan and rupee will depreciate further.

Consider USA, if they raise taxes, many companies will still stay because USA is an important country to serve. But what does Pakistan offer? There is so much voilence and if you raise taxes, foreign countries start to look more attractive.

Do people know why Nike or Tommy Hilfiger gets their clothes made in Pakistan instead in USA? because higher profits due to low cost and taxes. But if taxes are raised, they'll just go to Bangladesh.

drive them where, every country has taxation...this is just an excuse and myth propagated by elite.
the things that will drive people away are corruption, security and poor investment environment(i.e safrish and rishwat) not taxation

drive them where, every country has taxation...this is just an excuse and myth propagated by elite.
the things that will drive people away are corruption, security and poor investment environment(i.e safrish and rishwat) not taxation
Nope, some countries are tax havens. The little we get, we will lose that too.

Also if govt charges, say, 20% tax in Pakistan and 20% in USA, why should one operate in Pakistan then (assuming all else equal)? USA is more secure, no bhatta, stay orders, terrorism etc. If I was businessman, I'd pay 25% and move to USA. At least I will feel safe, and my tax money means good environment etc. Meanwhile the rich in Pakistan pay tax basically for benefits of poor (income support, metro, roads, etc), or pay for army, or govt.

Sorry this seems a bit selfish, but in economics, everyone looks for their benefit. I'll pay tax to govt if that helps me somewhat, rather than all of it helping someone else.

Back
Top Bottom