What's new

New Cricket Format Being Launched

hahaha btw my nanyaal was across the road, my college was Govt College For Men Nazimabad and my susral is in Gol Market
I did my Fsc from the Govt. College for men nazimabad in 1985 and was the first captain of the college squash team.

ODI is the best format for cricket, it combines positive aspects of both test and t20 formats at the same time discards their flaws.

Instead of introducing a 15 over inning format they should instead reduce one day overs from 50 per inning to 40. That would make one days more attractive to watch. Majority people these days don't have that much time to spend on watching a match. It's like watching 5 movies in a row.

After looking at recent T20 world cup, I think the next one would be Toss only. Win the toss, get 2 points. :lol:

I prefer the Test Cricket because it involves "Statistics" and that is what highlights a person's true potential
  • You have to face New Ball
  • You have to face best bowlers for 10-15 overs not 1 but 4-5 strike bowlers
  • 4th-5th Day the it becomes harder to score as Pitch naturally breaks and it become harder for Batsmen to survive or chase
  • Reverse Swing played a part in 2nd innings

Game can change in 1 of 4 sessions per day
  • Morning Dew factor
  • Lunch Time tiredness
  • Tea Breaks (drop in concentration)
  • Afternoon noon variation in Sunlight

Test Cricket is suppose to have atmosphere of a Picnic session you organize your party , lunch session outdoor and you are enjoying the weather, for developed nations people can easily take a day off to enjoy Cricket and stay outdoor

Modern age , people still follow test cricket but they watch 1-2 hours worth of game at time and then catch up the game later in day

In Pakistan since the stadiums are not designed to keep the viewers cool the audience is low , but with Modernization of Stadiums and venues that are at "moderate temperature" the audience is naturally attracted to Stadiums.

Every One Follows Test Cricket
  • People follow it 2-3 hours in day when they have time
  • That is the true way people enjoy the game , when you are open you turn on TV and watch glimpses of the game
  • It used to be a thing once a player approached 50's and 100's viewership jumped
  • For Pakistani Cricket the big watch item used to be Opening pair how much they can score 50+ or 100+ for their stand

5 Test Series was the Top Waited Event of Year

• 5 Test Match Series vs Australia
  • 5 Test Match Series vs England
  • 5 Test Match Series vs West Indies

ODI Series was seen with lower Priority or Value

Better format 2 Day Test Series (Suggested Improvement)

Day 1
Team 1 : First Inning 50 overs
Team 2 : First Innings 50 overs

Both Teams finish playing their 50 overs unless they are all out , the unplayed overs are lost

Day 2
Team 1 : Second Innings 50 overs
Team 2 : Second Innings 50 Overs

2 Day Event , gives players with Offence / Defense to shine and 100 overs to play
Each Bowler gets 10 overs per innings , 20 overs Total

Plus we will see more 50's and 100's

No Draws in this format as team with most runs on board will win end of day 2

Last edited:
I did my Fsc from the Govt. College for men nazimabad in 1985 and was the first captain of the college squash team.

aray wah, i was there between 92-94, God still miss skipping and going in the gali next to sports center to have garam garam samoosa's in the morning! :)

ICC ko bolo toss per match har jeet ker ke pesy kama le bagher kisi kharch ke

IPL has destroyed cricket and its charm

A question to everyone saying they prefer Test cricket over other formats, have you ever watched full 90 overs on all 5 days of a test match ever?

All these commercialized versions of the game have definitely created entertainment but ruined the game. it's now a batsman's game at the cost of bowlers who are restricted in every other manner. The real game is when there are no restrictions on bowlers or fielding just like there are no restrictions on batting. it should be fair to all players. If only slogging is the entertainment then they should take out the bowlers and use bowling machines.

Story has it that when Cricket was introduced in Germany, Hitler was present for the opening ceremony and first day of the test match. Next day he went about his own business but kept in touch with how the developments of the game, he however was informed that the other team was now batting, third day he found out that first team is about to start their second innings.
Then it was rest day. Late on Fifth day he discovered that second team was playing their second innings. On the final day, the news came in that it's raining heavy and the match is abandoned thus it's a draw.
The Furour was furious, he said what kind of nonsense is this game, you wait for a result for almost a week and all you get is a draw. So reportedly he banned Cricket in Germany.
But as history would have it, One day or 50 overs format was introduced and the test match rest day was done away with.
The 50 overs game still lasted most of the day sometimes Duckworth Lewis system totally ruined the outcome of the result.
To make the game more interesting with always a fair result planners introduced the Twenty 20 game which produced a result within 4 hours. Now to make cricket even more high tempo, next summer the 90 Ball a side game is being introduced so each team will be required to score maximum in 15 overs thus we should see more boundaries and shots being played out of the ground. Should be more exciting with a result within 3 hours.
Let's hope the game doesn't gets shrinked to just the Golden Over.

aray wah, i was there between 92-94, God still miss skipping and going in the gali next to sports center to have garam garam samoosa's in the morning! :)
There was a hotel next to shahid sports, we used go for a early morning garam garam paratha. Anways thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it.

A question to everyone saying they prefer Test cricket over other formats, have you ever watched full 90 overs on all 5 days of a test match ever?
yes, watched day 4 and 5 of the last one at this delightful bar.. it was great !

test cricket is the only real cricket

all the greats are test match battle proven

this har ball pe chakka chawka nonsense sucks, it's total bs.. fun, but not really real cricket.. mainstream numpties seem to lap it up though.

yes, watched day 4 and 5 of the last one at this delightful bar.. it was great !

test cricket is the only real cricket

all the greats are test match battle proven

this har ball pe chakka chawka nonsense sucks, it's total bs.. fun, but not really real cricket.. mainstream numpties seem to lap it up though.

I meant all 5 days not just 4th and 5th

I meant all 5 days not just 4th and 5th

yes I have on a few occasions

but time has been a pesky constraint that keeps one away from enjoying the whole experience unless it's holidays or have no work for 5 days.

test cricket ka scene hi alag hai bhai, 4 slips, 2 gullys, fwd short leg, silly mid on, one man catching deep..

the world's best bowlers plying their wicket taking art against the world's best batsmen hell bent on not giving them any sort of edge.. mast.

you just can't see that level of these guys plying their art in the white ball game, exciting as some of them can be.

total purist here, trained as a kid for a few months under Balwinder Singh Sandhu sir before getting out lol, too much hard work for a lazy like me.. but I appreciate the real game.

You gotta yell "yes, no, wait there/waitng/wait on" after every ball faced when it goes in a gap when you're a batsman, and everyone is supposed to scream "catch, or catch that/catch it" everytime you see the ball in the air when feilding.. basic fundamentals jo bacchon ko sikhaye jaate hain, he really drilled that into us.

Don't ever hit anything in the air, along the ground khelo.. varna drop, even if you make a 100 :lol:

test cricket is just the ultimate, far and away the only real format, the rest are compromises.. can be fun but white ball cricket is basically barely cricket.

Mayank A just scored another 100.. good knock !

Back
Top Bottom