New carrier-capable AEW: developments, news, progress

cirr

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
09-58-48-forum.jpg

:D:enjoy:

I will not be surprised this thing has already flown on CV-16 Liaoning before.

Surely not - flight ops have been monitored so closely in recent times and not even a prototype has been flown yet - and if You look closely under the wings there are some struts. IMO only a mock up or model of some sort.

Is there any info on where this image was taken?

Surely not - flight ops have been monitored so closely in recent times and not even a prototype has been flown yet - and if You look closely under the wings there are some struts. IMO only a mock up or model of some sort.

Is there any info on where this image was taken?
How closely monitor? Do u work for JMSDF or USN Intel? Do they report what they find out what from CV-16 to you? Do USN or JMSDF selectively released news or Intel abt PLAN? Yes, they do.

So far the only thing I heard from them is they are keep trying to downplay the capabilities of CV-16, trying to claim how inferior compared to USN and French carrier especially in terms of AWACS area.

Imagine CV -16 already has a working AWACS onboard. What kind of excuse will western come up again?

And I fully agreed with your last question. When is this imagine taken? Maybe 2 years ago or recently?

CCTV recently reported about the full exercise of CV-16 with many J-15 onboard and they talk about AWACS take off first before J-15 are launched. It gets me suspicious whey CCTV never shown the AWACS photo while J-15 full launched photo are splashed all over.

I might be correct about this assessment. And I do not need an expert to tell others that PLA is not that open abt its military. PLA always play games of deception even towards the public.

8d4c6fa44f6f-696x522.jpg

model of Y-7J (03) carrier-capable tactical airborne early warning (AEW) aircraft in Wuhan
The new model of Y-7J (03) carrier-capable tactical airborne early warning (AEW) aircraft was spotted in Wuhan, Hubei province, China.

That was reported by military-informant.com.

The prototype of the new aircraft was established on the model aircraft carrier in Wuhan Province. The model aircraft carrier is estimated at being 300 meters (984 feet) long and 80 meters (262 feet) wide. The model is complete with a helicopter landing pad and a model of a carrier-borne aircraft.

The Y-7J looks like a hybrid of soviet Antonov An-26 transport aircraft and American E-2 Hawkeye carrier-capable AEW aircraft. The front half of Y-7J is based on the Xian Y-7, the Chinese version of the famous Antonov An-26; the tail section is much similar to the Northrop Grumman C-2 and, above all, the E-2 Hawkeye that is the U.S. AEW platform serving on all the American supercarrier.

The length of the new aircraft will be about 21 meters, with a wingspan of 27 meters will be. Plane Y-7J (03) can reach a maximum flight speed of 700 km / h, and the range will be about 2300 km.

http://defence-blog.com/news/new-ca...-early-warning-aircraft-spotted-in-china.html

Come on ... please do not over-hype this image: It is clearly a mock-up only similar to the J-15 and Z-18 on that facility at Wuhan.

Anyway a clear indication, that there's something in the works.

Deino

How closely monitor? Do u work for JMSDF or USN Intel? Do they report what they find out what from CV-16 to you? Do USN or JMSDF selectively released news or Intel abt PLAN? Yes, they do.

So far the only thing I heard from them is they are keep trying to downplay the capabilities of CV-16, trying to claim how inferior compared to USN and French carrier especially in terms of AWACS area.

Imagine CV -16 already has a working AWACS onboard. What kind of excuse will western come up again?

And I fully agreed with your last question. When is this imagine taken? Maybe 2 years ago or recently?

CCTV recently reported about the full exercise of CV-16 with many J-15 onboard and they talk about AWACS take off first before J-15 are launched. It gets me suspicious whey CCTV never shown the AWACS photo while J-15 full launched photo are splashed all over.

I might be correct about this assessment. And I do not need an expert to tell others that PLA is not that open abt its military. PLA always play games of deception even towards the public.

Not sure why anyone needs to be from JMSDF or USN Intel in order to monitor these developments and even if there might be some blanks we don't know, it's 100% for sure that this one at Wuhan is only a mock-up, that so far no prototype of this new AWE-type has been build, flown, tested and consequently can't be operational.

Even more to assume that this bird could take-off the Liaoning without a catapult and also be already be operational is simply a wet-dream
As such it has nothing to do with downplaying again Chinese growing capabilities but plain and simple to be rational.

But again I see it as a clear indication that there's some interesting progress behind ... and that a fixed wing AEW not that far away.

Deino

Yes, but that's only the well known JZY-01 testbed at Xi'an (XAC); in fact a non-flying structural lab.

Come on ... please do not over-hype this image: It is clearly a mock-up only similar to the J-15 and Z-18 on that facility at Wuhan.

Anyway a clear indication, that there's something in the works.

Deino

Not sure why anyone needs to be from JMSDF or USN Intel in order to monitor these developments and even if there might be some blanks we don't know, it's 100% for sure that this one at Wuhan is only a mock-up, that so far no prototype of this new AWE-type has been build, flown, tested and consequently can't be operational.

Even more to assume that this bird could take-off the Liaoning without a catapult and also be already be operational is simply a wet-dream
As such it has nothing to do with downplaying again Chinese growing capabilities but plain and simple to be rational.

But again I see it as a clear indication that there's some interesting progress behind ... and that a fixed wing AEW not that far away.

Deino

Yes, but that's only the well known JZY-01 testbed at Xi'an (XAC); in fact a non-flying structural lab.

Of cos you need to be JMSDF or USN intel then you can assess to their latest spy satellite. Those billion dollar satellite is not for any civilian used. You shall know that. They are strictly for spy surveillance. Then you can know exact where the spot CV-16 Liaoning turn up for exercise and spy on the latest activities. Most of civilian satellite is very limited to fixed location only. Military location viewing is strictly offbound , not to mention. Only with those spy satellite then you can have a full view of whats going on CV-16.

In 2007, Chinese ASAT test is reveal by US intel group and not by any civilian sources to public.

Of cos you need to be JMSDF or USN intel then you can assess to their latest spy satellite. Those billion dollar satellite is not for any civilian used. You shall know that. They are strictly for spy surveillance. Then you can know exact where the spot CV-16 Liaoning turn up for exercise and spy on the latest activities. Most of civilian satellite is very limited to fixed location only. Military location viewing is strictly offbound , not to mention. Only with those spy satellite then you can have a full view of whats going on CV-16.

In 2007, Chinese ASAT test is reveal by US intel group and not by any civilian sources to public.

I don't think so and even more is Your comparison irrelevant or plain off; the PLAN has released so many images from the latest cruise and none has ever shown such a bird. Consequently to think that they hide an already operational carrier-borne AEW that must have flown years ago (but never spotted), that must have been tested for years (and also never spotted), that must be manufactured and build in at least a few numbers (and strangely again never caught by photo during all these years too), flown secretly by night onto the carrier from which it never can take-off since the CV-16 lacks a catapult and always hidden from all images taken is nearly as much off as to think the J-20 already uses a +210 kN WS-15 operationally and featuring a secret TVC-nozzle.

And You guys are really wondering why some strange and in Your eyes stupid foreigners only call such posts fan-boys-wet-dreams !??

Do You really think that this possible or even likely ??? .... or isn't it more likely to stick to the facts that there is simply a project going on and in a few years it will happen ??

Deino

I will say that in the realm of military, US experts overplay Chinese threat, because it helps them get more funding.

Also, CV-16 is claimed inferior to USN supercarriers because it is inferior.

CV-16 is 65,000 tonnes, while USN carriers are 100,000+

CV-16 is STOBAR, while USN are CATOBAR

CV-16 is conventionally powered, with limited speed and endurance.

The crew doesn't have the same kind of decades of experience like the USN.

Ummm... Can we also imagine having a death star on CV-16?

I don't think so and even more is Your comparison irrelevant or plain off; the PLAN has released so many images from the latest cruise and none has ever shown such a bird. Consequently to think that they hide an already operational carrier-borne AEW that must have flown years ago (but never spotted), that must have been tested for years (and also never spotted), that must be manufactured and build in at least a few numbers (and strangely again never caught by photo during all these years too), flown secretly by night onto the carrier from which it never can take-off since the CV-16 lacks a catapult and always hidden from all images taken is nearly as much off as to think the J-20 already uses a +210 kN WS-15 operationally and featuring a secret TVC-nozzle.

And You guys are really wondering why some strange and in Your eyes stupid foreigners only call such posts fan-boys-wet-dreams !??

Do You really think that this possible or even likely ??? .... or isn't it more likely to stick to the facts that there is simply a project going on and in a few years it will happen ??

Deino

Why do you even bother with Beast. He is a fanboy. Tomorrow if someone comes up with a death star mock up, he will say China could have been operating it for years.

I just hope his military is made up of saner heads, and not these fanboys, otherwise they are gonna lead them to disaster.

I will say that in the realm of military, US experts overplay Chinese threat, because it helps them get more funding.

Also, CV-16 is claimed inferior to USN supercarriers because it is inferior.

CV-16 is 65,000 tonnes, while USN carriers are 100,000+

CV-16 is STOBAR, while USN are CATOBAR

CV-16 is conventionally powered, with limited speed and endurance.

The crew doesn't have the same kind of decades of experience like the USN.

Ummm... Can we also imagine having a death star on CV-16?

Why do you even bother with Beast. He is a fanboy. Tomorrow if someone comes up with a death star mock up, he will say China could have been operating it for years.

I just hope his military is made up of saner heads, and not these fanboys, otherwise they are gonna lead them to disaster.
Typical cheapshot by indian fanboy. Nobody claim CV-16 is superior to Nimitz but the next best carrier Charles De Gaulle which many claim is not so much superior than CV-16. May I know what death star superpower Indian is going to do put on their Vikrat?

Typical cheapshot by indian fanboy. Nobody claim CV-16 is superior to Nimitz but the next best carrier Charles De Gaulle which many claim is not so much superior than CV-16. May I know what death star superpower Indian is going to do put on their Vikrat?

Charles de Gaulle, is nuclear powered, and CATOBAR, albeit smaller in size.

A reasonable case can be made about its superiority. Though the other side can also make a case.

But frankly, I have NEVER seen it being compared to CV-16 in mainstream US or western sources.

Back
Top Bottom