What's new

NEW BANGLADESH AIR FORCE TVC 2016

I don't see how you have such a big Air Force with that rate of rejection. Can you back up your claim with source?

If what you're saying had a tinge bit of validity our migs would have been in the museum not in the air force commercial.
So I would say this is BUUUUULLLLLLLSSSHHHHIIIIITTTTTTTTEEEE!!!!
Learn to respect people or you will be shown the door.

talking about the Mirage vs Aircraft Carrier wala event ?
It was USS Abraham Lincoln
Happened during Operation Southern Watch.
It was an exercise between USN and PAF.Please do proper research before quoting events.
And when did americans say it was biased?lol give one proper source please.
lol really?3 trainers brought air victory,lol,tell those stories which can be digested and the authors are not indians.

PAF had only 1 SQD of Sabres in east Pak... SQD NO 14 "Tail Choppers" (16 jets) against 10 Indian Airforce SQDA...

And that SQD proved its metal by shooting multiple Indian aircrafts including mig-21s... They inflicted almost 2 dozen Indian casualities and were awarded 6+ SJs.

By the end of the war thanks to Sanctions the SQD was grounded .. Some aircrafts were destroyed by PAF and some were later retrieved/services and put into service by Bangladesh.

Last edited:
Hardly a big air force. PAF is a tactical air force with around 3000 pilots at a time. We maintain one of highest cockpit to pilot ratio in the world. The number of flying hours per year are also very high. PAF invests in its Pilot acquisition every year through a Cadet college system, its maximum age is 13 and a half. Those two schools have produced most of our Air Chiefs. The year I applied, there were 70,000 candidates, out which 69,900 were rejected, and there was further drop offs before they reached the academy. So yeah.

I don't see how you have such a big Air Force with that rate of rejection. Can you back up your claim with source

Let him cry. Every CBG has a STD air wing cover stretching up to 250^Nmi. So for a Mirage to even sneak past it in itself is a big deal let alone firing a simulated munition at the carrier. Americans also lost an F-15 to one of our Mirages during an exercise.

NO. 8 SQUADRON'S "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE" SUCCEEDS
1500 HOURS - 30 MAY 1995

View attachment 361173

Flying a few feet above the Arabian Sea, the two Mirage pilots are impressed by the awesome silhouette of the nuclear-powered Abraham Lincoln as the carrier looms gradually above the sea curvature, dead on the nose. The mission: To penetrate successfully the Carrier Task Force's early warning and perimeter defences and, to deliver a simulated Exocet guided missile attack on "the world's largest warship". The memorable sortie was flown during "Inspired Alert" - a Pakistan-US joint exercise. O.C. No. 8 Squadron, strictly following the ground rules, planned and led a simultaneous multidirectional attack profile against CVN-72, in an attempt to overload its defence. As two of the three Mirage pairs turned away, the lead Mirage carried out a simulated Exocet "launch" from several miles away, without meeting any of the ship's fighters. The Squadron Commander and his wingman later did a friendly fly by at the carrier's side, perhaps just as surprised as the Lincoln's crews, at the missed interception.

Wing Commander Asim Suleiman Leader and O.C. No 8 Squadron
Flight Lieutenant Ahmed Hassan Wingman

I dunno about you guys, but the narration seemed out of place, the voice sounded very similar to Screenjunkies on youtube. It didnt seem natural nor fitting to this video. A bengali narration with english subtitles would have been much better and more fitting.

All 3 of the branches are extremely well-respected in the Bangladeshi society. They perceive military people to be diligent, punctual and hard working, which is true. Army has been the most popular before but things have changed lately. BN have risen up the ranks a lot and thousands of applications come in, especially after the massive Navy modernization. BAF, once those birds start flocking in, will shoot up as well.

Just like to add in that most people in bd perceive the military to be way less corrupted than the other branches of government services.

These TVCs are a way to pocket hard earned public's tax money

this one of most misleading info i ever since, if that was the case then how we see 4 migs are flying at a time.
lets put a side what i know

To prove your point why don't you attach a recent photo of a formation of four BAF Mig-29s?

Mig-29 UB from the flypast rehearsals for which the dual model was used.

To prove your point why don't you attach a recent photo of a formation of four BAF Mig-29s?

Mig-29 UB from the flypast rehearsals for which the dual model was used.
the thread you are commenting on, ever checked the opening post ? this is called trying to be smartass

this one of most misleading info i ever since, if that was the case then how we see 4 migs are flying at a time.
lets put a side what i know

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG, I WATCHED THE ENTIRE PARADE, IN THE END WAS THE FLY PAST BY THE B.A.F. AC, WHATS YOU ASSUMED WAS 4 MIG-29, WERE IN FACT 1X MIG-29 FOLLOWED BY 3X F-7 BGIS.

THE LAST PRODUCED PLATFORMS BEFORE THE CHINESE PLANT WAS FINALLY SHUT DOWN.

YOU ENLIGHTEN YOU ALL A LITTLE FURTHER, THIS PLANT, LOCK STOCK AND BARREL WAS OFFERED TO BANGLADESH DURING THE EARLY 2000. HOWEVER, THE AIR FORCE, WAS probably NOT INTERESTED IN F-7s, long term use.

Last edited:
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG, I WATCHED THE ENTIRE PARADE, IN THE END WAS THE FLY PAST BY THE B.A.F. AC, WHATS YOU ASSUMED WAS 4 MIG-29, WERE IN FACT 1X MIG-29 FOLLOWED BY 3X F-7 BGIS.

THE LAST PRODUCED PLATFORMS BEFORE THE CHINESE PLANT WAS FINALLY CLOSED DOWN.
here comes another one, am i taking about parade ? i am and also we are talking about how many migs are operational.
did you check the opening thread ? let me help you... at 37 sec of the tvc
Capture,,,0001.PNG

can you count how many migs are on the runway ? or you do not know counting.
you guys jump too much with negativity without proper knowledge
seriously ? you did not get that the thread is opened based on new BAF tvc ! ! ! why the fk just don't watch the fking video ?

Last edited:
dated?

the mig-29 were probably serviced last time from UKRAINE, AND WERE SUPPOSED TO BE UPGRADED TO SMT STANDARDS YEARS AGO, WHAT HAPPENED?

AND IF YOU WANT TO CONVINCE, THAT THESE COULD NOT BE DONE DUE TO THE ONGOING CONFLICT BETWEEN RUSSIA AND UKRAINE, WELL THEN CONSIDER OUR 8X MIG 29 A HEARTIST FAREWELL.

THE NUMBER 1 OR 5s ,FUTURE STILL WILL REMAIN UNCERTAIN,

What i am really interested is to witness new 4 ++ gen multi role incl Maritime ashm, asw capable , with sufficient hard points + BVRAAM, ACs in our Air Force to give them a real teeth along with adequate nos of MEDIUM /LONG RANGE SAM COVERAGE FOR OUR ENTIRE SKIES.. NOT TV ADS.

What Bangladesh tells everyone is that they fought for Bangali language, well why do you need English ads to recruit for a force which fought for the Bangali language, not English.

PAF releases this kinda videos from time to time.

[VIDEO]

Because joining PAF is a matter of pride for every Pakistani. Whole family takes pride if someone is in PAF.

Whenever there is recruitment drive by PAF its recruitment centers are flooded by hundreds and hundreds of youth willing to join PAF. PAF doesn't need ads honestly speaking.

@bluesky

Out of eight Mig 29s they barely maintain two by cannibalizing parts from the other six. One is a dual model for pilot training; the other one is for display during national parades.
If what you're saying had a tinge bit of validity our migs would have been in the museum not in the air force commercial.
So I would say this is BUUUUULLLLLLLSSSHHHHIIIIITTTTTTTTEEEE!
Learn to respect people or you will be shown the door.
Learn to have some good sense of humor or you can take way out the door yourself.

What Bangladesh tells everyone is that they fought for Bangali language, well why do you need English ads to recruit for a force which fought for the Bangali language, not English.

PAF releases this kinda videos from time to time.

[VIDEO]
They make in two versions. English and bangla.

dated?

the mig-29 were probably serviced last time from UKRAINE, AND WERE SUPPOSED TO BE UPGRADED TO SMT STANDARDS YEARS AGO, WHAT HAPPENED?

AND IF YOU WANT TO CONVINCE, THAT THESE COULD NOT BE DONE DUE TO THE ONGOING CONFLICT BETWEEN RUSSIA AND UKRAINE, WELL THEN CONSIDER OUR 8X MIG 29 A HEARTIST FAREWELL.

THE NUMBER 1 OR 5s ,FUTURE STILL WILL REMAIN UNCERTAIN,

What i am really interested is to witness new 4 ++ gen multi role incl Maritime ashm, asw capable , with sufficient hard points + BVRAAM, ACs in our Air Force to give them a real teeth along with adequate nos of MEDIUM /LONG RANGE SAM COVERAGE FOR OUR ENTIRE SKIES.. NOT TV ADS.
Bruh. A pilot last year debriefed about the migs. Said they can serve for 30 more years easily. And have only gone through one overhaul... two more overhauls before they're retired. And yes because of Ukraine Russia conflict... the manufacturing/ upgrade maintenance is hampered. They have locations spreader within the two nations international border

Hardly a big air force. PAF is a tactical air force with around 3000 pilots at a time. We maintain one of highest cockpit to pilot ratio in the world. The number of flying hours per year are also very high. PAF invests in its Pilot acquisition every year through a Cadet college system, its maximum age is 13 and a half. Those two schools have produced most of our Air Chiefs. The year I applied, there were 70,000 candidates, out which 69,900 were rejected, and there was further drop offs before they reached the academy. So yeah.

Let him cry. Every CBG has a STD air wing cover stretching up to 250^Nmi. So for a Mirage to even sneak past it in itself is a big deal let alone firing a simulated munition at the carrier. Americans also lost an F-15 to one of our Mirages during an exercise.
Wow impressive out of 70k only 100 selected. Damn :o

NO. 8 SQUADRON'S "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE" SUCCEEDS
1500 HOURS - 30 MAY 1995

View attachment 361173

Flying a few feet above the Arabian Sea, the two Mirage pilots are impressed by the awesome silhouette of the nuclear-powered Abraham Lincoln as the carrier looms gradually above the sea curvature, dead on the nose. The mission: To penetrate successfully the Carrier Task Force's early warning and perimeter defences and, to deliver a simulated Exocet guided missile attack on "the world's largest warship". The memorable sortie was flown during "Inspired Alert" - a Pakistan-US joint exercise. O.C. No. 8 Squadron, strictly following the ground rules, planned and led a simultaneous multidirectional attack profile against CVN-72, in an attempt to overload its defence. As two of the three Mirage pairs turned away, the lead Mirage carried out a simulated Exocet "launch" from several miles away, without meeting any of the ship's fighters. The Squadron Commander and his wingman later did a friendly fly by at the carrier's side, perhaps just as surprised as the Lincoln's crews, at the missed interception.

Wing Commander Asim Suleiman Leader and O.C. No 8 Squadron
Flight Lieutenant Ahmed Hassan Wingman
Bruh I know this happened. I believe it. It's just that other dudes ignorance that made me prove my point by how ignorant Americans were after that.

Bruh. A pilot last year debriefed about the migs. Said they can serve for 30 more years easily. And have only gone through one overhaul... two more overhauls before they're retired. And yes because of Ukraine Russia conflict... the manufacturing/ upgrade maintenance is hampered. They have locations spreader within the two nations international border

Yes the Pilot is absolutely correct about the AIRFRAME LIFE AND FLYING HOURS LEFT, PROVIDED YOU HAVE THE SPARE PARTS READILY AVAILABLE, INCLUDING THE TYRES.

LET ME REMIND YOU ALL THAT POST 1975, A SQUADRON OF BRAND NEW MIG-21, MI-8 HELICOPTERS, 5X AN-24/26 TRANSPORT ACs+ all AD RADARS PURCHASED BY BARTER TRADE FROM THE FORMER USSR, ALSO HAD FULL AIRFRAME LIFE, AND FLYING HOURS REMAINiNG, yet they were grounded FOREVER due to the suppliers reluctance to provide Bangladesh with necessary spares,. FINALLY SOME ENDED UP IN MUSEUMS, AS GATE KEEPERS.WHILE OTHERS WERE SCRAPS IN DHOLAIKHAL OF DHAKA.

THIS TIME, I HOPE AND PRAY THAT WE CAN SOMEHOW BE ABLE TO OBTAIN NECESSARY SPARES, AS THE PRESENT RUSSIAN-UKRAINIAN HOSTILITIES MAY TAKE DECADES TO RESOLVE.

MOREOVER ITS UNIVERSALLY KNOWN THAT MAINTENANCE COSTS OF TWIN BURNERS AC ARE VERY HIGH COMPARED TO SINGLE ENGINE MULTIROLE FIGHTER AC i,e F-I6, JF 17,etc,etc.

Yes the Pilot is absolutely correct about the AIRFRAME LIFE AND FLYING HOURS LEFT, PROVIDED YOU HAVE THE SPARE PARTS READILY AVAILABLE, INCLUDING THE TYRES.

LET ME REMIND YOU ALL THAT POST 1975, A SQUADRON OF BRAND NEW MIG-21, MI-8 HELICOPTERS, 5X AN-24/26 TRANSPORT ACs+ all AD RADARS PURCHASED BY BARTER TRADE FROM THE FORMER USSR, ALSO HAD FULL AIRFRAME LIFE, AND FLYING HOURS REMAINiNG, yet they were grounded FOREVER due to the suppliers reluctance to provide Bangladesh with necessary spares,. FINALLY SOME ENDED UP IN MUSEUMS, AS GATE KEEPERS.WHILE OTHERS WERE SCRAPS IN DHOLAIKHAL OF DHAKA.

THIS TIME, I HOPE AND PRAY THAT WE CAN SOMEHOW BE ABLE TO OBTAIN NECESSARY SPARES, AS THE PRESENT RUSSIAN-UKRAINIAN HOSTILITIES MAY TAKE DECADES TO RESOLVE.

MOREOVER ITS UNIVERSALLY KNOWN THAT MAINTENANCE COSTS OF TWIN BURNERS AC ARE VERY HIGH COMPARED TO SINGLE ENGINE MULTIROLE FIGHTER AC i,e F-I6, JF 17,etc,etc.
Russia gifted mig 21 from what I have read.
They were retired in 1999-2000 once the mig 29 arrived. Yes the supply was halted after the regime change which was hostile towards India... but that didn't keep those out of commission. Chinese parts were used instead.
I don't see the Russian Ukrainian problem solving given how much the soviets did to the Ukrainians.
The companies are unfortunately all split between these two countries. Now that Ukraine have no bulk orders they ran out of supply of everything they had. Meanwhile Russia have setup separated places for new jet parts manufacturing.
Universally that's the case that twin jet maintenance cost more but American jets maintenance is actually pretty high... compared to Russian/Chinese options.

Mig29 is listed to cost 5500$ to fly per hour- maintenance cost
F-16 is listed to cost 24000$ to fly per hour- maintenance cost

Mig 29 is designed to fly for 2500 hr... service life
Soviets expected few hundred hr of flight a year.
India flew theirs at nearly twice that rate. Now you see Russia offering life extension kits to extend life to 4000hr.

Our migs got time but now the safest bet is to upgrade these to smt and let them serve till they retire and if needed buy mig 35 which will cost much less and have more performance and service life to give.
Because we still have the analogue radar that isn't very good... and other shortcomings like ground control etc.

But if I was the prime minister I would have kept two for the museum... sold off the rest and bought all sukhoi 30 just because of how reliable and easier to maintain that machine is and again the cost doesn't jump up but stays the same with more performance

Last edited:
Former USSR DID NOT GIVE THEM AS GIFTS, ONLY 1X AN 24 VIP TRANSPORT AC WAS GIFTED.

THE REST WAS ON BARTER TRADE,MAYBE YOU DON'T REMEMBER, PRICES OF CERTAIN LOCALLY FARMED CONSUMERS ITEMS SKYROCKETED DURING THAT PERIOD PRE 1975,, AS WE HAD TO TRADE THEM FOR OUR NASCENT AIR FORCE.

WELL, REGARDING THE EXACT FLYING THE MIG 21 WITNESSED, TILL THE MIG 29 ARRIVED, I AM STILL NOT CONVINCED, AS WHAT I PERSONALLY WITNESSED , FROM OUR BATTALIONS TRAINING GROUND NEAR THE RUNWAYS END, WAS INITIALLY CHINISE FT-5,ARRIVED FOLLOWED BY F-6 AND SUBSEQUENTLY A-5.

SOME OF THE MI 8 CHOPPERS WERE USED WITH CHINESE ASSISTANCE+ SPARES,WELL I HOPE WE OVERCOME OUR PRESENT CRISIS RELATING THEM TO MIG 29 OR ELSE DISPOSE THEM ASAP WITH RELIABLE CHINESE COMBAT TESTED AIRCRAFTS ,JF-17 BLOCK 2/3 ARE ALSO COMBAT TESTED AND GOOD OPTIONS.

"But if I was the prime minister I would have kept two for the museum... sold off the rest and bought all sukhoi 30 just because of how reliable and easier to maintain that machine is and again the cost doesn't jump up but stays the same with more performance"

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/new-bangladesh-air-force-tvc-2016.467017/page-3#ixzz4TF6s3KAU

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom