What's new

need suggestions for a new car!

I drove VW Golf 4 for 6 years..When i sold it was 120.000 kms and believe me or not, it was as good as new..Never dissappointed me..Go for VW Polo.

Go for a VW, they're much better than Fords and Suzukis

But VW is comparetively new to Indian roads and weather conditions...Suzuki known as Maruti Suzuki in India has excelled it and Ford is no new to it either.

What?? That model is known as Alto here! Here are the prices in INR in Delhi:

Variant Fuel type Transmission Mileage Ex-Showroom Price Quote
Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 Std Petrol Manual 22.7 KMPL 2.43 Lakh
Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 LX Petrol Manual 22.7 KMPL 2.77 Lakh
Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 LXi Petrol Manual 22.7 KMPL 3.00 Lakh
Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 VXi Petrol Manual 22.7 KMPL 3.13 Lakh
Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 LXi (AIRBAG) Petrol Manual 22.7 KMPL 3.16 Lakh
Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 Std CNG Petrol_CNG Manual 30.4 KMPL 3.18 Lakh
Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 LX CNG Petrol_CNG Manual 30.4 KMPL 3.38 Lakh
Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 LXi CNG Petrol_CNG Manual 30.4 KMPL 3.57 Lakh

Im talkin abt mehran.. and "Alto" in Pakistan is 1000cc not 800cc... :lol: and is like 827K+..

Either buy a cycle or an electric car......considering the prices of oil .....

There are no Cycle ways in India hence it’s a risky to commute by Cycle... and for electric car, we still neither have charging stations nor we have excess power for vehicles… electric car is just not feasible in India unless we drastically reduce the power generation and distribution charges

check out....Tata NEW MANZA - THE CLUB CLASS SEDAN...comes with loads of features and it fits in your budget as well....

Regarding Ford eco Sports - I guess there is a long waiting and its actual on road price is too high than the company quoted price..my brother has booked the top model in pertrol variant and it cost him little above 10 lacs.

I20 - dont buy, its not that good...ek do saal mein dabba ho jata hai and not good on mileage

Swift Dzire - typical Maruti product, good for Indians and Indian roads. :-)

Polo - no idea but its a German machine dude..best in quality and technology..But, hope its spare parts are affordable :-)

I already own a Ford Figo and a Maruthi Alto, but I prefer Ford for its comfort. American cars are very comfortable and joy to ride. Since you are not worried about pisa vasool, then buy Ford Eco sport. Make sure the base model is comfortable.

Thanks for mentioning me @danish_vij

Unfortunately, I am not too familiar with the cars you mentioned. Let alone hatchbacks. I am a sedan guy, all Japanese.

I drive a Corolla 'G' myself, and handles like a charm and very rugged. It's a practically hassle-free car with very low maintenance costs relative to other cars in its class.
toyota-corolla-g-06.jpg

(Sample Photo. And yes, mine is white in color.)

But by all means, grab the VW from that list. And stay away from the Hyundai. They often have poor resale value unless it happens to be a Sonata (though, I may be wrong about the Indian market). Try not to look at it as being 'cool' and all, but look at it as an investment.

And that is why I bought a Corolla, since Toyota always have superb resale value in my country, along with great after-sales service. Though, Corollas are very boring to drive.

The Ford looks interesting, and appears to have a lot of flexibility. Might wanna check that as well.

Never a big fan of Suzuki cars. They look like the Justin Beibers among cars. They make cool motorcycles though.

By the way, do you guys still drive manual transmission cars? :confused: Most folks drive automatic these days (apart from perhaps high performance cars).

Last edited by a moderator:
Im talkin abt mehran.. and "Alto" in Pakistan is 1000cc not 800cc... :lol: and is like 827K+..

Your Suzuki Mehran Is being sold as Alto here, I have checked the photos on net. And Alto in India is 800cc. :) You are being robbed by the car makers.

Edit: Checked all the photos carefully; Mehran is actually a Maruti 800 in India which is a discontinued model now. It is even cheaper than our Alto 800cc, price range was Rs.180000-220000 when it was discontinued...as far as I remember!

You should kill some Suzuki officials in Pakistan for this daylight robbery! :D
@danish_vij Car is like girlfriend.....just follow your heart! :)

Tata's fit and finish,Aftersales are still not up to the mark.

I visited the Tata showroom in my country once. The Indigo Ecs is the most weirdest looking sedan I've ever seen. Inside and out (no offense).

But the Manza looked much better though.

You not considering Honda Jazz buddy?

Jazz/Fit is also pretty cool :D

It's a very popular car. And that says something.

I visited the Tata showroom in my country once. The Indigo Ecs is the most weirdest looking sedan I've ever seen. Inside and out (no offense).

But the Manza looked much better though.

Mmm...2014 Manza and Vista will be good looking ones..

1096191d1371115489t-team-bhp-scoops-2014-tata-indica-vista-facelift-tata-vista-hatchback-facelift-2014.jpg

2014-Tata-Vista-Facelift.jpg

Tata-Manza-Diesel-Electric-Hybrid-Concept-2.jpg

Well i dont know about petrol cars much but i love the ford figo . try it out the high end petrol version wont be more than 5.5lac.
the top end DIESEL is just 6.9 (my friend bought one yesterday) by the way there is no waiting period.:)

@Loki

mostly high end cars offer automatic transmission option in India, people still prefer manual transmission cars for two reasons, its economical and gives more mileage hence reduces the running cost. And as you might have heard or read, Indian makets are very price sensitive so big players play only to score more runs.

Your Suzuki Mehran Is being sold as Alto here, I have checked the photos on net. And Alto in India is 800cc. :) You are being robbed by the car makers.

Edit: Checked all the photos carefully; Mehran is actually a Maruti 800 in India which is a discontinued model now. It is even cheaper than our Alto 800cc, price range was Rs.180000-220000 when it was discontinued...as far as I remember!

You should kill some Suzuki officials in Pakistan for this daylight robbery! :D
@danish_vij Car is like girlfriend.....just follow your heart! :)

I bought a Altis for 23.. :(

Back
Top Bottom