What's new

Need an Advice On Choosing Tablets or Note-pads ?

Manticore

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Microsoft Surface Pro /Samsung ATIV smart PC Pro will destroy the other systems in their range htc flyer/ ipad etc-- I will get the surface if it has a LAN input -- ativ pro has this input

Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2
HP Envy x2-looks cool
Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga ---look cool
Asus Taichi
microsoft surface-looks cool
Samsung Series 5 and 7 Slates
ASUS Vivo Tab and Vivo Tab RT Tablets
ASUS Transformer Book
Acer Iconia W510 -looks cool
ASUS Transformer AiO
Samsung ATIV Pro
Acer Aspire S7

Top 10 Windows 8 Hybrids: Tablet Meets Laptop

Microsoft Surface Pro /Samsung ATIV smart PC Pro will destroy the other systems in their range htc flyer/ ipad etc-- I will get the surface if it has a LAN input -- ativ pro has this input

'Lan input'?
You mean a wired/ethernet input? Then I doubt Surface has the thickness for that. Why bother with that though, given WiFi? But if you must connect wired then use a USB dongle for ethernet.
Also, Windows 8 are going to come in an almost limitless varieties and form factors. My portable 'ideal' would be a Windows 8 Pro (x86) with the same form factor as my Google Nexus 7 tablet--so I can carry in pocket.
Microsoft and Google world is the truly 'think different'. It is a joke that Apple uses 'Think Different' while offering so few and expensive choices.
iSheep are really a different breed of Sheeples!

FOR A TABLET

so , new android & apple dont support flash content -- other than windows surface , any other tablet supporting flash?

For android users Download Adobe Flash Play 11.1 apk & Install Firefox Beta browser from the Android Market.

damn Microsoft drops Flash from IE on Windows 8 tablets
BBC News - Microsoft drops Flash from IE on Windows 8 tablets
Users will still be able to get at sites that run Flash by exiting the Metro interface, returning to the classic desktop view and running Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer in Windows 8 and, according to our sources, Windows RT will include an integrated version of the Windows Flash player

FOR A TABLET

so , new android & apple dont support flash content -- other than windows surface , any other tablet supporting flash?

For android users Download Adobe Flash Play 11.1 apk & Install Firefox Beta browser from the Android Market.

damn Microsoft drops Flash from IE on Windows 8 tablets
BBC News - Microsoft drops Flash from IE on Windows 8 tablets
Users will still be able to get at sites that run Flash by exiting the Metro interface, returning to the classic desktop view and running Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer in Windows 8 and, according to our sources, Windows RT will include an integrated version of the Windows Flash player
Well when you flash for about five minutes it drives the phone crazy hot, it burns. I think they are looking for a more efficient way instead of flash.

Most Facebook games require Flash support, which would rule out Apple's iPad.

my requirements

sturdy
physical keyboard which can cover/protect the screen when not in use
key board detachable or allows variable viewing angles
usb,sd,hdmi,flash support

dont need a hitech processor -- already have a couple of i7 laptops

differential diagnosis at the moment:
Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga , microsoft surface, Acer Iconia W510

PIB+-+Lenovo+IdeaPad+Yoga+13+Modes+Laptop+Stand+Tent+Tablet+-+00.PNG

Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga

A-closer-look-at-the-Acer-Iconia-W510-and-W700-hands-on.jpg

acerW510

about2.jpg

surface

Asus is not bad, but I've had problems with their bios in the past.

PIB+-+Lenovo+IdeaPad+Yoga+13+Modes+Laptop+Stand+Tent+Tablet+-+00.PNG

Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga

A-closer-look-at-the-Acer-Iconia-W510-and-W700-hands-on.jpg

acerW510

about2.jpg

surface

Can we use an extra keyboard with it ?

and what about MS office .. work in it ?

and last Price ?

i am confused in btw Laptop and this ipad thing.

Which one is better ....

first buy a desktop/laptop as its the most complete & cost effective system -- the tablets only cater for some of the functions of the laptops

windows pro has full ms office ----- then again the pro comes in i5/i7 category

windows8 rt is not intel so wont support intel software --

windows8 is about to be launched -- for me , i need a portable system which is sturdy yet provides basic laptop functions combined in a tablet [requirements ive already posted]

acer model which i posted has a sturdy keyboard , has variable viewing angles and also keyboard is detachable ---- while the lenovo is not detachable even in tablet mode

the sturdy keyboard gives a stable platform while occasionally typing on an uneven surface -- this sturdy aspect might be lacking in the microsft surface apart from no variable viewing angles

ASUS to debut Eee Pad Transformer is the android version-- i am not going for google android after the youtube incident .... might aswell get the upcoming samsung windows8 phones aswell -- will be synced with this tablet aswell

Yaar Muje in OS Andriod wagaira ka nai pata... Muje tu bas net surfing chating aur MS Office use karne keh liye chaheye..

Back
Top Bottom