What's new

Need advice to buy a new car

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I actually love Audi - but it's too expensive and does not fall under my budget right now. Audi or Lexus might be my next car after I sell the one I am hoping to buy soon.

first one is for £3,800
second one is listed for £4,000
and the last one is for £4,690
all of the them are well within your busdget.

LOL!!!!

Zakii apply for a hackney carriage license. You know you'll need it with real horse power! :D
I have no intentions to become a taxi driver anytime soon? :confused:

LMAO.... Mod has joined us derailing his own thread. This is a first :D

The thread has not been derailed so far. There are some off topic posts but the flow of the thread is in right direction

first one is for £3,800
second one is listed for £4,000
and the last one is for £4,690
all of the them are well within your busdget.

oops I only checked the price of the last one... didn't realize that the first two cars were below £4001 pounds.

and both cars are about 2.0 in engine size --- too much petrol it's going to eat :cry:

But it's a good choice and I am going to consider them as well... I prefer engine size below 1400cc keeping the petrol prices in mind.

Thanks I didn't know it's so cheap

I have no intentions to become a taxi driver anytime soon? :confused:

No mate. There is a very old law in the UK, maybe you don't know of. Which stated that to have a beast of bur·den used in transport people, you need the license.

Enjoy the following joke:

"London Hackney Carriages (taxis/cabs) must carry a bale of hay and a sack of oats. Explanation: The London Hackney Carriage Laws covers hackneys in other towns too and have remained unaltered for over 100 years. Firms have been known to manufacture very small bales of hay to carry in a taxi during disputes during local councils (who license the hackneys everywhere except London). Also the vehicle has to be tethered at a taxi rank, and the council have to supply a water trough at said ranks (that could be fun on a Saturday night!). The one about urinating against the back wheel is a Hackney Carriage Law too, and has also been done, on mass, during taxi/council disputes (allegedly)."

The thread has not been derailed so far. There are some off topic posts but the flow of the thread is in right direction

It was a joke matey!

In bold :D

Paaji main te kehnda haan three wheeler khareed lo :P ...kamayi bhi vadia hojegi :rofl: ..te koi driver rakh lena :D

Zakki, you know the best in this case as most of us have no clue about cars salaries there, your exact taste and the best car that fits your needs in London. I say, the best thing is to go yourself to several car places and ask yourself. People here can help if you have specific cars in mind, to help you choose among them. All the best Zakii.:agree:

my suggestiion go with vw polo tsi or golf tdi, they are really good cars and cheap on insurance audi, vauxhall, ford all of them have maintenance issues, another option is toyota yaris a very very reliable car you have two options in yaris a diesel 1.4l or t3 1.3 petrol,

I do not know which area in London you travelled to. It's a big city with large and wide roads... narrow roads are also there in residential areas but it will vary from one borough to another borough.
not sure, but i travveled a lot, by car bus and train
The area around thames had proper roads i remember but i've been to edgeware with all the arabs, and earl's court with the hotel, and north london, upney, barking and many other places i cant remember the names of
But i really think living in london is very hard

Get a Korean(KIA, Hyundai) or Japanese(nissan, toyota) crossover, unlike an SUV it's cheap, and unlike an SUV it's compact enough, unlike an SUV it's doesn't take too much fuel. And on the other hand unlike a car(like the ones people are suggesting) you can go on long trips comfortably, and unlike a car you won't have the suspension make your spine into jelly, unlike a car you can go off road, and it'll be more reliable and stable at the same time.
Believe me once you get a truck/suv or anthing else you'll never want a car again. BTW i checked, cars arent cheaper in UK, not even close (if you count the weirdo hippie local european brands and no one in the rest of the world cares about) check the intl website and then compare local UK prices of mainstream brands.
If you drive a vauxhall or volkwagen people will think you're a hipster

Hi Zakii,

Try to buy a good second hand car. I have no idea on what you can get there for this budget, but second hand car not exceeding 6 years of use would be good option. Try this deal.

I don't know if this car is available or not in London, but it popular over here. Grand Marquis Mercury. Try 2007-08 model. Good looking, reliable and affordable price. Comparing prices, it's available for $4800.

How much is gallon or liter of gas in U.K ?
How much is it in Sourth Florida?
Here in KSA, it's $0.12 per liter. 0.45 Saudi Riyals per liter.

Back
Top Bottom