What's new

Need advice to buy a new car

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hello,

I need to buy a new car probably by next month. Budget is too little since I am not a millionaire yet. Please advice which car would you recommend under this budget. I am single so don't need seven seater or estate cars so please advice sincerely. My personal preferences are nothing, just want a suitable car that doesn't look bad while visiting my relatives house or sometimes long journey of 400-600 miles when travelling outside the city after a month or two.

Budget is only: £3500 or 5500 dollars...

I live in London so my car insurance is expensive... so have to rely on cheaper cars :cry:

Please advice :D

---------------

Edit: Please note that I am only interested in 5 doors car

I've been to london only for a two week vacation and I know people drive complete sh!t there. Tiny roads and bad parking spaces make you not want to buy a car at all.
Don't buy british cars or european, that's all I have to say.
Try KIA Sportage, it's good looking and basically practical, and suits small london roads and can do speed and basic off roading; if you end up not buying this, then look at other KIAs too theyre pretty good. Then you can look at nissan, they have an excellent and ridiculously huge range to choose from and all are perfect(except for the Juke, never buy a Juke).
Btw if insurance is cheaper in other cities why not just get it there?

Look for a car with 4 wheels and a steering wheel, that's the best i can recommend. :D
And i thought he wanted a truck with 18 wheels with and controlled by a rudder?

Hello,

I need to buy a new car probably by next month. Budget is too little since I am not a millionaire yet. Please advice which car would you recommend under this budget. I am single so don't need seven seater or estate cars so please advice sincerely. My personal preferences are nothing, just want a suitable car that doesn't look bad while visiting my relatives house or sometimes long journey of 400-600 miles when travelling outside the city after a month or two.

I live in London so my car insurance is expensive... so have to rely on cheaper cars :cry:

I have lived in London. Go for Fiat 500 or VKS Golf:

9070831.001.1M.jpg

vw_golf_r32_old_small.jpg

get a smart car. You will get cheaper insurance and cheaper parking tickets once you tell them about going green and safer planet bs. Or something like they used in Italian job *those small buggies* thats what i like to call them. Hope you are able to find what you are looking for...

Sorry I forgot to mention that I am only interested in 5 doors cars... convertible cars are also not a bad option but there will not be many convertible cars under this price range.

Hello,

£3000 - £5000 is quite reasonable for a one to 3 years old small car but not for a new car, but if you could stretch a little on your budget i would suggest you go for a volkswagon polo

Hello,

Zakii, go for a VW. They're nice and cheap in the UK.
Options: Polo TDI, Golf TSI?

£3000 - £5000 is quite reasonable for a one to 3 years old small car but not for a new car, but if you could stretch a little on your budget i would suggest you go for a volkswagon polo

Yes I am interested in used car... Not a brand new

Zakii, go for a VW. They're nice and cheap in the UK.
Options: Polo TDI, Golf TSI?

any specific model you could recommend?

Yes I am interested in used car... Not a brand new

Just stay away from anything called a used Vauxhall! Try that famous UK used car dealership, I forgot the name. Let me search and I'll post it here!

I've been to london only for a two week vacation and I know people drive complete sh!t there. Tiny roads and bad parking spaces make you not want to buy a car at all.
Don't buy british cars or european, that's all I have to say.
Try KIA Sportage, it's good looking and basically practical, and suits small london roads and can do speed and basic off roading; if you end up not buying this, then look at other KIAs too theyre pretty good. Then you can look at nissan, they have an excellent and ridiculously huge range to choose from and all are perfect(except for the Juke, never buy a Juke).
Btw if insurance is cheaper in other cities why not just get it there?

And i thought he wanted a truck with 18 wheels with and controlled by a rudder?

I do not know which area in London you travelled to. It's a big city with large and wide roads... narrow roads are also there in residential areas but it will vary from one borough to another borough.

I have several VW Polo TDI for my staff. Not once did they have a problem in the past 3 years. And trust me, they have to travel a lot.

Additionally, have four Golf TSI with middle management, same case, nothing but working perfectly! Tomorrow I'll get the details and post them here.

The only problem I have faced is the scheduled "VW Service," which is a bit expensive. I don't know how much they charge for that in the UK?

Just stay away from anything called a used Vauxhall! Try that famous UK used car dealership, I forgot the name. Let me search and I'll post it here!

Are you talking about Auto trader?

Yes I had no intentions to buy Vauxhall for unknown reason. I was interested in buying Ford but one of my cousin hates this car. Polo is good but nobody in my family ever used one... lol

Are you talking about Auto trader?

Yes I had no intentions to buy Vauxhall for unknown reason. I was interested in buying Ford but one of my cousin hates this car. Polo is good but nobody in my family ever used one... lol
Mate stay away from FIESTA or anything FORD. They are having some serious **** going on with the transmission (at least the European models)

Edit: How do I know about Fords. I provide car rentals GDS service to several 'thousand' car suppliers in the EU. Each and EVERYONE of them has been bitching about 2008 - 2011 models of Ford!

Back
Top Bottom