What's new

NATO ships to hold exercise with PN

fatman17

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
NATO ships to hold exercise with PN

KARACHI: The ships of the Standing NATO Maritime Group 1 will undertake a two-day exercise with Pakistan Navy (PN) vessels in the open sea from April 27, said NATO Maritime Group 1 Commander of the Standing Rear Admiral Pereira Da Cunha while talking to the media onboard the Portuguese ship Corte Real at the Karachi Port on Sunday.

Chief Staff Officer to the Commander Pakistan Fleet Commodore Jamil Akhtar was also present on the occasion. Admiral Cunha said that the exercise would help foster cooperation.

Five ships comprising of Portuguese, Canadian, Spanish, Dutch frigates and a German tanker will participate in the exercise while Four PN ships as well as its air units will also take part in the exercise.

Commodore Akhtar spoke of PN’s longstanding ties with NATO and said that this visit of its ships is also a manifestation of good bilateral relations of our navies and is mutually beneficial. He went on to say that the sea, being an international maritime highway needs to be collectively protected and added that a safe and stable environment can ensure lasting tranquillity, prosperity and development in the region. He stated that the presence of such a large number of officers and men from friendly countries reflects the collective desire to promote peace and stability in the region.

Commodore Akthar further pointed out that Pakistan is actively participating in the Maritime Coalition. He revealed that there is a proposal to send a ship from the PN to the Gulf of Aden for the anti-piracy operation.

app

Imran Khan - I am glad u r back posting your pictures again - by the way from Jeddah to hell floor 7 what happened!

my company transfer me to Riyadh bro i am in Riyadh now and feel very very bad next month i will be back to madinah and stay there permanent and post allot of staff.thanks for welcome me sir.

sorry mods for off topic

Soldiers of the Standing NATO Maritime G
Soldiers of the Standing NATO Maritime Group One stand guard aboard ship in Karachi on April 26, 2009. Five ships from the Standing NATO Maritime Group One have arrived in Karachi to take part in a two-day naval exercise with the Pakistan Navy. AFP PHOTO/Asif HASSAN (Photo credit should read ASIF HASSAN/AFP/Getty Images

my company transfer me to Riyadh bro i am in Riyadh now and feel very very bad next month i will be back to madinah and stay there permanent and post allot of staff.thanks for welcome me sir.

sorry mods for off topic

hope all goes well for you!:enjoy:

Hey Imran welcome back bro! hope all is well & yes we need those pic's from you again boss !!

Back
Top Bottom