What's new

Nato asks Indian diplomats for troops in Afghanistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1060923/asp/frontpage/story_6783200.asp

We said no to this before and we should stick to it. Just threaten to stop all logistics and that'll be the end of it. If we don't let the Indian troops fly over our territory into Afghanistan how'd they ever go? :D

the same way raw officials accused of abetting terrorism against Pakistan from Afgani soil get there.

they can take a detour around pakistan using central asian republics to get into Afghanistan. If i am not mistaken India already has a milatary base in one of the central asian republics....simply airlift troops from there to Afghanistan.

Naah they went through or over Pakistan in those cases. Since they went under the guise of "diplomats" with international immunity.

plus look at the map.

China won't help India or Nato spread. Nato won't even talk to Iran. So then how do they get to Central Asia? Plus I doubt the Nato would try and sneak them in.

Naah they went through or over Pakistan in those cases. Since they went under the guise of "diplomats" with international immunity.

plus look at the map.

China won't help India or Nato spread. Nato won't even talk to Iran. So then how do they get to Central Asia? Plus I doubt the Nato would try and sneak them in.

bro while you were typing response to my post i edited my intial post to include the following information;

India already has a milatary base in one of the central asian republics....simply airlift troops from there to Afghanistan.

that is the way they will be coming to afghanistan.

hmmmmm is this a warning to Pakistan after its strong reaction to hunt for Osama or
US realy trying to box Pakistan through India helping her on side and streangthening own position to deal China and safeguard own intrests in CARs?

BTW what you guys think India would send its troops?

there are two scenarios :
If India sends her troops what would be the number ? i think it would not be that much.
2ndly where would be these deployed on border along Pakistan ? or in Northern Parts?

Without logistics? Significant Indian troops would have to come from India and through Pakistan

hmmmmm is this a warning to Pakistan after its strong reaction to hunt for Osama or
US realy trying to box Pakistan through India helping her on side and streangthening own position to deal China and safeguard own intrests in CARs?

BTW what you guys think India would send its troops?

there are two scenarios :
If India sends her troops what would be the number ? i think it would not be that much.
2ndly where would be these deployed on border along Pakistan ? or in Northern Parts?

under the delusion of being global power broker, rather than whats in the best interest of indian army......i believe Indian Government would be prepared to send troops. As far as where they are going to be deployed......it is obvious they will be called for one area only....that is southern Afghanistan......where nato troops are screaming out for more troops.
No point calling for cushy job in northern afghanistan...even romania will send troops there.

Without logistics? Significant Indian troops would have to come from India and through Pakistan

bro, americans can airlift them logistics....or allow them to use their logistics shipped through pakistan. Americans ship and provide logistics to Pakistani troops in africa....here there will be providing the same to troops coming to their and nato's aid in hot theatre in which they all are going to be side by side.

Ermmm so thats why we say no to the Americans too. They won't get into an India-Pakistan thing just to make Pakistan give logistical support to the Indians.

Indian troops aren't worth it. They are ok, if they come free. But America won't fight for them.

you know the US wanted India to do some of the bombardment onto the Taliban way back then too. Pak said no.

A Pakistani no just ends all the debate.

Ermmm so thats why we say no to the Americans too. They won't get into an India-Pakistan thing just to make Pakistan give logistical support to the Indians.

Indian troops aren't worth it. They are ok, if they come free. But America won't fight for them.

you right in that americans willnot fight for them....afterall they are not fighting for their blood brothers....the british....leaving them in the middle of nowhere ( helmand province to be exact )....who are suffering far more casualities than americans in Afghanistan.

Pakistan will not be made to give logistical support....i was reffering to the fact that american and nato logistics are getting through Pakistan right now....all they have to do is give some of that to the indians. The logistics willnot be labelled for "indian army in afghanistan" while it is travelling through pakistan.

I dont see India sending troops any time soon. Unless they order the F-16/F-18s from the United States then i bet they will do!

Though i wonder what kind of threat will Pakistan face when this happens.

Or is it something that they want to run away with and let others do the other mans job.

I suggest Pakistan to stay totally out of this!

Pakistan has to remain active and Deny any armed Indians in significant numbers on Afghanistan.

at a recent discussion in London, senior Pakistani diplomat, Zamir Akram reportedly said ISI operatives would be "licking their chops at the possibility of provoking their Afghan friends to take on the Indians."According to sources present at the event, Akram also made it clear that the Pakistan government would turn a deliberate Nelson's eye to such instigation.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1636909.cms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom