What's new

Names of Pak ships

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

It seems you always laugh on your (in)ability. (This is not for all pakistani, just few above, who post non-sense)

No sir, no nonsense. I have come across many Indians who ask these questions but the fact is that these names make u guys nervous other than that these names have no value for us :)

Fact: Indian always pointing figures at these names proves that you ppl are nervous other than that why do u care even if we call our weapons tarbooz , Aslam or Butt Saab

Naming of vessels is similar to the naming of the persons or places and depends upon the preference of the top brass in the Navy. It has nothing whatsoever to do what anything else.

We find names such as Apollo or Ajax in the British Navy; these were Greek Gods/heroes not British or Christian deities. Similarly, it is pointless to argue that names of PN ships such as Tipu Sultan (Indian) or Tughrul (Saljuqi Turk) have no direct relationship with Pakistan. No one cares when people name their son “Siva Lingam” in India or ‘Chengiz’ in Pakistan, why should we argue over names such as Ghauri, Ghanzavi or whatever. Remember, a rose by any other name will smell as sweet. It is just to differentiate one from another.

I think we should start a tradition of naming ships with names used by previous ships.
Like the USS Enterprise, which spans from the Civil War to the modern day.

Maybe PNS Jinnah?

India laucnhes nuclear submarine Arihant ... This name is driven from Jain-Hindu believe and is the name of a God(s) in Hindu Methology.

Dude, cant you even use Googe? Its so simple, just type whatever you want to know about and click 'google search'! Arihant is not the name of a 'Hindu methology' God! Arihant (Sanskrit for "destroyer of enemies" — from ari, "enemy", and hant, "kill" or "to end").
Is it laziness or something else?

Why didn't you name it Tipu? Tipu Sultan was the first know king who developed a navy.

Tipu Sultan - Biography

Tipu wasnt the first to develop a navy. Indian rulers had navies projecting their power for a long time even before the advent or introduction of Islam. The Mauryans - Chandragupta Maurya and his prime minister Chanakya - had a naval power back in 200 BCE! Ashoka the Great had naval contacts with countries as far west as Greece! The south Indian empire of the Cholas was a significant naval power back in 1000 AD!

As India likes to take pride in its Hindu heritage, Pakistan likes to take pride in its Mulsim heritage.

Correction: Its not Hindu heritage, its Indian Heritage! FYI many dont even consider Hinduism as a religion! 5000-10000 years of glorious history cannot be merely classified as a religion, its way more complex for many to comprehend!

Dude, cant you even use Googe? Its so simple, just type whatever you want to know about and click 'google search'! Arihant is not the name of a 'Hindu methology' God! Arihant (Sanskrit for "destroyer of enemies" — from ari, "enemy", and hant, "kill" or "to end").
Is it laziness or something else?

Read my comment again and if you are not able to to undrstand due to obvious mental challenges then ask ask someone to explain to you.

"This name is driven from Jain-Hindu believe and is the name of a God(s) in Hindu Methology."

Jain-Hindu is part of the Hindu Methology!

Tipu wasnt the first to develop a navy. Indian rulers had navies projecting their power for a long time even before the advent or introduction of Islam. The Mauryans - Chandragupta Maurya and his prime minister Chanakya - had a naval power back in 200 BCE! Ashoka the Great had naval contacts with countries as far west as Greece! The south Indian empire of the Cholas was a significant naval power back in 1000 AD!

Another excuse to sideline Muslims and other minorities in India. Sure keep on using any name you like but don't come and complain about Pakistan naval ships.

Correction: Its not Hindu heritage, its Indian Heritage! FYI many dont even consider Hinduism as a religion! 5000-10000 years of glorious history cannot be merely classified as a religion, its way more complex for many to comprehend!

What kind of an Indian are you? First the name India was given by the Brits after the East India company. Second, your country has been known as Hindustan and Bharat in most of your own history.

Last but not least, you are a country with Hindu heritage, there is no such thing is Indian heritage.

The entire world accepts Hinduism as a religion and majority of Hindus accept Hindism a religion. You must be from some small sect of Hinduism :)

Read my comment again and if you are not able to to undrstand due to obvious mental challenges then ask ask someone to explain to you. "This name is driven from Jain-Hindu believe and is the name of a God(s) in Hindu Methology."

Jain-Hindu is part of the Hindu Methology!

Argumentum ad hominem displays your vanity! If you cannot understand the Sanskrit origin of names and words without giving it a religious connotation then I very much pity your prowess.

Another excuse to sideline Muslims and other minorities in India. Sure keep on using any name you like but don't come and complain about Pakistan naval ships.

We dont sideline any minorities. Its plainly your biased assumption to say the least. The fact remains - in India, like in many developed countries, if you have it in you regardless of your religious orientation, you can make it. If not, then you will be relegated to the wannabes crying out about inequalities, in vain.

What kind of an Indian are you? First the name India was given by the Brits after the East India company. Second, your country has been known as Hindustan and Bharat in most of your own history.

Last but not least, you are a country with Hindu heritage, there is no such thing is Indian heritage.

The entire world accepts Hinduism as a religion and majority of Hindus accept Hindism a religion. You must be from some small sect of Hinduism :)

I think I know much more about Hinduism than you. Dont teach me about sects and things about Hinduism. If you have questions, I will be very glad to answer them rather than post retorts to your uninformed assumptions.

Hindustan, Bharat, India etc are just names describing a very vast land with a very rich cultural, religious, political, military etc heritage, with its very own unique identity. I wonder how many countries in our vicinity or in the world can claim such? Regardless, you can also choose to call it 'Hindu heritage' without giving it religious undertones. We dont pride our heritage on religious grounds but on our rich history! That should explain why I choose to say Indian Heritage.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom