What's new

Namaste USA! Hindi Lessons a Hit Abroad

to hell with Hindi ,imo no one will dispute Sanskrit. Make it our national language.

absoulutely.sanskrit and hinduism are the two factors that kept this country binded for centuries.everyone will be more than happy if sanskrit is made national language.ppl of many states need not have hindi in schools to learn as they will get acquainted with it through bollywood and media.sanskrit and indian culture are not separable

absoulutely.sanskrit and hinduism are the two factors that kept this country binded for centuries.everyone will be more than happy if sanskrit is made national language.ppl of many states need not have hindi in schools to learn as they will get acquainted with it through bollywood and media.sanskrit and indian culture are not separable
i for one totally support making Sanskrit as our National language because as a Bengali i can tell you that our Bengali language is heavily influenced by Sanskrit(actually its an offshoot of Sanskrit).so i guess no Bengali person will oppose this great idea as Sanskrit is more closer to us than Hindi!

i for one totally support making Sanskrit as our National language because as a Bengali i can tell you that our Bengali language is heavily influenced by Sanskrit(actually its an offshoot of Sanskrit).so i guess no Bengali person will oppose this great idea as Sanskrit is more closer to us than Hindi!

Sanskrit is a beautiful language, though difficult I must say.

I was using "dialect" loosely...like saying English is a "dialect" of German (true in a sense...but certainly unique languages.....are most Indian languages at least this related? or entirely different families?)

the languages that are spoken in north fall under indo iranian languages and they are more closely related to each other than english is to german.
south indian languages fall under dravidian group which are not as closely related to one other like north languages

there are two other groups called sino tibetan and naga languages.sino tibetan languages are spoken in north east and naga languages are spoken by tribes .
people say tamil and malayalam are closely related but the relation ends only with vocabulary.malayalam grammar is somewhat distinct from other south ind languages in the sense the verb does not change with gender,person or number(singlr and plral) just like english(ofcourse in english the verb changes occur in present third person singular and plural)

Back
Top Bottom