What's new

Myanmar-Yunnan railway canceled due to public opposition

The Yunnan–Burma Railway was a failed British project to connect far south-west China's Yunnan province with the recently established rail network in British-ruled Burma.

The British project was working against the background of the successful French Yunnan-Vietnam Railway that had been established on the nearby Hanoi to Kunming route from 1904–1910, some 30 years earlier. To secure the rights to construction, Britain referred to Article IV of the Anglo-French Siam Convention for 'mutual privileges'.

burma-china.jpg

What you try to prove with one picture? we get used with this kind of propaganda :lol: we have overhall better relation and do more business with myanmar compare to Vietnam, you viets are just helplessly and hopelessly other than watch China cooperate and sign contrat either Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and Myanmar...sure noone gonna prevent you from badmouthing China:lol:

What you try to prove with one picture? we get used with this kind of propaganda :lol: we have overhall better relation and do more business with myanmar compare to Vietnam, you viets are just helplessly and hopelessly other than watch China cooperate and sign contrat either Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and Myanmar...sure noone gonna prevent you from badmouthing China:lol:

Kiss, the title show the opposite, so I just post that as illustration. That's not fake photo, not propaganda promoted by us.
We are happy if China share their prosperity to our neighbors in ASEAN ...
but it seems that they hate what China did, not love. And it seem that what China did is not sharing the prosperity.

Sure they will. This railway is just China's national strategy, poor Myanmar don't need railway at all, they see it as a waste of money

Sure they will. This railway is just China's national strategy, poor Myanmar don't need railway at all, they see it as a waste of money

Don't pretend that Myanmar at this moment has no railroad ...
And without China project, they will build new, different direction railroad with help of other countries.

myanmar-rail-map.jpg

Kiss, the title show the opposite, so I just post that as illustration. That's not fake photo, not propaganda promoted by us.
We are happy if China share their prosperity to our neighbors in ASEAN ...
but it seems that they hate what China did, not love. And it seem that what China did is not sharing the prosperity.
I am interesting in how to share the prosperity? We work hard to make money, you share the money we earn?

And a few photo can say they or whole myanmar hate China? as you logic, the protest in Cambodia against Vietnam means all cambodian hate you vietanmese.

Do you know what's freedom, and democracy? you know your comment show you are very ignorant, hehe, but many times, I find you pretend to a "expert", very funny.

Don't pretend that Myanmar at this moment has no railroad ...
And without China project, they will build new, different direction railroad with help of other countries.

myanmar-rail-map.jpg
Of course, but I have a question, do you mean the help from other country is voluntary?
1.if it is, very happy for Myanmar,
2.if not, so myanmar still need pay for it, how Myanmar pay for it with? if the small benefits, who will invest the railway? and how long do myanmar pay for it?

And the question, can you tell me, what do you build the railway for? and how to maintain it?

Last edited:
I am interesting in how to share the prosperity? We work hard to make money, you share the money we earn?

And a few photo can say they or whole myanmar hate China? as you logic, the protest in Cambodia against Vietnam means all cambodian hate you vietanmese.

Do you know what's freedom, and democracy? you know your comment show you are very ignorant, hehe, but many times, I find you pretend to a "expert", very funny.
1. we don't want to share, we just make our best wishes to your cooperation for mutual benefit with others like Laos, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia ...
2. One photo show a little of their feeling, not our promotion. I don't try to prove that whole myanmar hate China

3. I don't find any thing related to democracy, I don't try to prove anything relate to that.

Of course, but I have a question, do you mean the help from other country is voluntary?
1.if it is, very happy for Myanmar,
2.if not, so myanmar still need pay for it, how Myanmar pay for it with? if the small benefits, who will invest the railway? and how long do myanmar pay for it?

And the question, can you tell me, what do you build the railway for? and how to maintain it?

That's my answer to steelseries779 ( he said poor Myanmar doesn't need railway at all ). did you read his post ?
I don't mean the help from other country is voluntary ...
2. Myanmar still pay for it, it's not your and my business to know how they pay for it, and how long.
But I'm sure they would improve their existed railway and connect to other ASEAN countries.
They could take advantage of our ASEAN FTA ...

1. we don't want to share, we just make our best wishes to your cooperation for mutual benefit with others like Laos, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia ...
2. One photo show a little of their feeling, not our promotion. I don't try to prove that whole myanmar hate China

3. I don't find any thing related to democracy, I don't try to prove anything relate to that.
So as usual, you talk nonsense, hehe!

That's my answer to steelseries779 ( he said poor Myanmar doesn't need railway at all ). did you read his post ?
Oh, do you know the real mean of steelseries 779? you really have understanding problem, hehe!

I don't mean the help from other country is voluntary ...
2. Myanmar still pay for it, it's not your and my business to know how they pay for it, and how long.
But I'm sure they would improve their existed railway and connect to other ASEAN countries.
They could take advantage of our ASEAN FTA ...
Worthless answers to my question, didn't expect you can answer my question well, you know nothing, hehe!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom