What's new

Myanmar-Yunnan railway canceled due to public opposition

what was the problem ? don't burmese ppl want good communication network for trade ? :cheesy:
Burma wanna unite with VN to create the great sub-Mekong region. VN dont like China, so does Burma now :D
great-mekong-subregion-east-west-economic-corridor.gif

simply thinking that 50 year of operation mean too much.
while the main purpose is finding way to sea for deep-in-continent areas of China.

Myanmar would easily find credit of some billions to just build short-distance railway near their coastal town. Why they must waste their money to build the railway mainly for Yunnan demand?
Hehe, your comments still that ridiculous, think only China can benefit from the project, China just use the Myanmar!

If just find way to sea, Can't China build or use existed railway to China east? is it too far? check the map, OK.

And I find you are too simple, have a very very simple brain,
1. the Myanmar-yunnan just for Yunnan? can't benefit Myanmar, your the comments let me think of you have make a comments that if the ticket of air line is equal with or a little more expersive than HSR, why waste time build Shanghai to Beijing Railway.
2. Who said while building Mynamar-yunnan railway, they can't build their short-line railway?

For us, we have many ways that transport the goods of Yunnan to outside, I also know no China, Myanmar can seek another cooperator to build its railway, but if it is business, they will not reject Chinese big market, but choose to small market like Vietnam, if they can choose others do the job, for us, no any problem, that's their choice.

Still that words, loser seek excuse, winner seek method, no Myanmar-Yunnan railway, we also can transport the goods in or out of Yunnan, maybe more safer and cheaper.

Last edited:
@sweetgrape : to the east coastline of China, that's not better than to Haiphong port , Vietnam via Hekou, Yunnan.
If not, why Chinese companies continue to use that over 100 years old route, under 400 km from China territory to the seaport.
I know well about that, you seem not know.

If you want to be safe, continue to use your own railway system to the eastcoast ... why not. Such a long way of mountain area.
Or build railway via Myanmar, new 1200km. But it seem impossible now.
hundreds-of-muslims-protest-outside-buddhist-school-png.40284

4858555010_6d0a2cbec9_z.jpg

Last edited:
cancelled due to American propaganda

Due to China slowdown pace

This is better choice for Laos ( bring goods to / from sea )

3c452581-30f2-4b62-8e61-050ba41f6871.jpeg

This Kunming Luang Namtha only for taking raw mineral from Laos
lao-rail-map-400.jpg

ASEAN Railway Network

ASEAN-Rail.jpg

Last edited:
@sweetgrape : to the east coastline of China, that's not better than to Haiphong port , Vietnam via Hekou, Yunnan.
If not, why Chinese companies continue to use that over 100 years old route, under 400 km from China territory to the seaport.
I know well about that, you seem not know.

If you want to be safe, continue to use your own railway system to the eastcoast ... why not. Such a long way of mountain area.
Or build railway via Myanmar, new 1200km. But it seem impossible now.
hundreds-of-muslims-protest-outside-buddhist-school-png.40284

4858555010_6d0a2cbec9_z.jpg
Hehe, can't help laughing after read your comments, don't know why, find many vietnamese here the understanding is too poor.

If there are better choice, why not choose the cheaper one? from Myanmar-Yunnan to here Yunnan-Haiphong, what do you want to explain? no Myanmar and vietnam, the goods can't go in or out of Yunnam? I have said it is business, for business man, choose the better way for saving money or time, if tranport the goods to the world quicker or cheaper via Vietnam, why not? it is business, but, if you close the way, we have another way, why can't transport to beihai or other ports in Guanxi? can't you understand it?

I have said, that's Myanmar's decision, not only China can benefit from the project, but also can influenced by the cancel, it is same to you, you cut that way, not only Chinese can be influenced, from your comments, find you are very childish and ignorant, you brain is very very simple.

Have read you many comments, you opinion and thought is very childish, in my mind, you like a frog in a well, maybe it hurt you, but it is my real feeling, I also very interesting in how old are you.

Last edited:
sweetgrape: your mind only store doubt and aggression , so you always worry other close your way.
if you never do wrong thing to Vietnam, why you must worry about any closure ...
we are not doubty guys as yours.

Think like me before you could think about trans-asia railway which one for all, and all for one.
Think like you now, to be a selfish partner which no one want to do business with.

sweetgrape: your mind only store doubt and aggression , so you always worry other close your way.
if you never do wrong thing to Vietnam, why you must worry about any closure ...
we are not doubty guys as yours.

Think like me before you could think about trans-asia railway which one for all, and all for one.
Think like you now, to be a selfish partner which no one want to do business with.
I give up, now you, from my comment get the conclusion I worry you close the border, good "understanding", hehe.

Still that words, loser seek excuse, winner seek method, you continue, hehe!

I give up, now you, from my comment get the conclusion I worry you close the border, good "understanding", hehe.

Still that words, loser seek excuse, winner seek method, you continue, hehe!

your govt always worry about the chance Melaka strait closed.

Hehe, can't help laughing after read your comments, don't know why, find many vietnamese here the understanding is too poor.

If there are better choice, why not choose the cheaper one? from Myanmar-Yunnan to here Yunnan-Haiphong, what do you want to explain? no Myanmar and vietnam, the goods can't go in or out of Yunnam? I have said it is business, for business man, choose the better way for saving money or time, if tranport the goods to the world quicker or cheaper via Vietnam, why not? it is business, but, if you close the way, we have another way, why can't transport to beihai or other ports in Guanxi? can't you understand it?

I have said, that's Myanmar's decision, not only China can benefit from the project, but also no only can influenced by the cancel, it is same to you, you cut that way, not only Chinese can be influenced, from your comments, find you are very childish and ignorant, you brain is very very simple.

Have read you many comments, you opinion and thought is very childish, in my mind, you like a frog in a well, maybe it hurt you, but it is my real feeling, I also very interesting in how old are you.
The Vietnamese are very naive and this is why they are not relevant on the world stage. They learn from our culture but they don't have the right mindset like we do, constantly trying to seek alternative route and find better opportunity to save money. This aspect is very unique to us. But bare in mind that these Vietnamese are naive, so we have to spend extra time and effort to explain to them.

Anyone with a minimum IQ of 90 can look at Burma and understandably knows the strategic location. It is unfortunate that there is no alternative to bypass Burma to get to oil and resources from Middle-East to China Southwest in the fastest time and shortest distance. The other alternative we have is cutting through trail link with India and BD. It's more complex but achievable if Burma turns us down. It is their loss.

xunzi, all your argument show us that's for China benefit mainly.
other Chinese mem jump up to say difference, when we consider that's unacceptable to let China wholly control that railway for 50 years.

Look at the map, and see the project costs much in China land side. and the connecting ...

That's the difficulty raising by China's need to get connected to Indian Ocean,.

See the Kunming - Haiphong, ... do you know who pay for the project ?over 100 years ago.
It's French.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom