What's new

My five step plan to defeat Corona virus in Pakistan

Don’t forget the advances of Islam in Science pre Mongol invasion as well as Spain
I think you should know that my hobby is history. I did it at school upto A level and over the decades hav read huge amounts. So I know all that.

"I have concluded that it is not religion per se but the use of religion in the public space that is a problem"

Please note this. This caveat applies to all religions including Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism etc. You can see how the rise of Hindutwa is pushing India away from secularism and toward a Hindu state. The results are not encouraging.

I think you should know that my hobby is history. I did it at school upto A level and over the decades hav read huge amounts. So I know all that.

"I have concluded that it is not religion per se but the use of religion in the public space that is a problem"

Please note this. This caveat applies to all religions including Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism etc. You can see how the rise of Hindutwa is pushing India away from secularism and toward a Hindu state. The results are not encouraging.
Thank you for the clarifications, expected nothing less :-)

The problem with the people of subcontinent, the poverty and the illiteracy, No use of common sense, People find ways to keep themselves busy, Religion is used by them for politics and other agendas, one of which like you mentioned is furthering away the Education of sciences.

Since you are interested in history, Baghdad had quite religious yet liberal people, Practicing religion as well as promoting science and studies, Astronomy, Biology, Math and Chemistry.

Since you are interested in history, Baghdad had quite religious yet liberal people, Practicing religion as well as promoting science and studies, Astronomy, Biology, Math and Chemistry.
It did but then the age of enquiry came to end. We must accept that pristine Islam, that is where Islam and politics was seamlessly married only lasted in the shadow of the prophet [pbuh] for exactly 29 years. Even while the generation he lived with was alive the ending of the Rashidun caliphate was bloody and grotesque.

If this is how short and the catastrophic ending the caliphate set up the prophet [pbuh] was how can you expect lesser mortals like the succeeding generations to manage? And sure enough ever since the bloody ending of the Rashidun caliphate the world of Islam as been in perpetual state of schism, division and internecine warfare over interpreations, theological differance etc

That division continues today. Leave alone the 40 Muslim countries even inside Pakistan our clergy rarely can agree on anything even simple things like dates for eid. 1,000 years are there to prove my contention. So it is high time to remove religion from the public space and instead tell the mullahs to focus on Muslims who work on making themselves better. Instead of the republic being 'Islamic' can we please have individuals working on themselves to be good.

Rashidun Caliphate

Capital: Medina
Founded: 632 AD
Date dissolved: 28 July 661 AD
Established: 8 June 632 AD

29 years.

1) Speed up production of indigenous testing kits and ventilators.
2)Start testing people from home to home ASAP.
3) Separate the infected from the community.
4)Increase treatment measures and equipments.
5)Keep sanitizing the whole country ,roads,public places etc
You think that plan is feasible for a country like pakistan??

Equipment is being sourced.

Pakistan is going for quarantine, semi lockdown plus selective curfew that's already being enforced in a few hotspots.

Food supply to the 45% in dire need is being implemented. More resources will be directed to curfew areas.

Testing of plasma treatment about to commence.

Semi lockdown with selective curfew is the right approach. Testing everyone is just not feasible. Sanitising roads etc, not required in semi lockdown - plus we don't have streets with lots of glass and metal infrastructure surrounding to clean.

How long does the virus survive on dust? So far I've not come across any info on this! @Ace of Spades

Germany has gone for testing. Testing 500K every week.
UK has avoided testing. People with mild symptoms have been adviced to just self isolate and try to recover.
Italy has stopped counting their dead with complete lockdown.

I don’t understand why approaches of these countries is so different. Its the same Pandemic.

Equipment is being sourced.

Pakistan is going for quarantine, semi lockdown plus selective curfew that's already being enforced in a few hotspots.

Food supply to the 45% in dire need is being implemented. More resources will be directed to curfew areas.

Testing of plasma treatment about to commence.

Semi lockdown with selective curfew is the right approach. Testing everyone is just not feasible. Sanitising roads etc, not required in semi lockdown - plus we don't have streets with lots of glass and metal infrastructure surrounding to clean.

How long does the virus survive on dust? So far I've not come across any info on this! @Ace of Spades

I haven't came across any study telling specifically about dust particles.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200317-covid-19-how-long-does-the-coronavirus-last-on-surfaces

I don’t understand why approaches of these countries is so different. Its the same Pandemic.
Mainly because of different kind of health systems and their resources.
Plus mentalities of Germans,Italians and British are not same. Italians are known for chill life and non serious attitude. Now see what a big price Italians are paying.

Back
Top Bottom