What's new

Muslims on social networks are sinners

Shambu

New Recruit

Reaction score
Muslims on social networks are sinners

RANIA CAIRO: Terming the use of networking sites such as 'Facebook' as anti-Islamic, a top Egyptian cleric has issued a fatwa against it saying Mus
lims using such cyber platforms must be considered "sinners".

And the cleric went to extent of blaming such sites for growing incidents of marital discords in the country.

Noted Sunni scholar Sheikh Abdel Hamid al-Atras, former head of the fatwa commission at prestigious Al-Azhar University here, issued the fatwa saying such sites have resulted in rise of the marital infidelity.

"It's an instrument that destroys the family because it encourages spouses to have relations with other people which break Islamic Sharia law," he said in the fatwa.

"While one or other of the spouses is at work, the other is chatting online with someone else, wasting their time and flouting the Sharia. This endangers the Muslim family," said al-Atrash.

The fatwa came after a study earlier this week claimed that one in every five cases of divorces in Egypt had been caused after one of the partners started using social networking sites such as Facebook.

Last month, Grand Mufti of Egypt Ali Jumah condemned the practice of using Quranic verses as the mobile ringtones terming it as "improper" as it compromises the sacredness of the religious scriptures.

lo ge.....is there anything LEFT ????

BTW how can i deactivate my account :lol:

Last edited:
This forum does have a members forum which is somewhat like a social site. Well I guess it is time to bid farewell to all the Muslim members of this forum. :wave: it was nice having you here. Will the Muslim mods please hand over control. :D

if the overall population consider okay to ban the use of it...
then I think its okay to ban it... why not...

By the way, this ain't our problem... why should we be in concern...
let themselves deal with it.

I read somewhere that with the advent of social networking sites like Facebook many people tend to have extra-marital affairs.So what the cleric says is indeed true.But saying they are sinners and it should be banned is not the answer.

I read somewhere that with the advent of social networking sites like Facebook many people tend to have extra-marital affairs.So what the cleric says is indeed true.But saying they are sinners and it should be banned is not the answer.

Its depends... on your culture really...
Having an affair because of facebook ==.=="
its more about the person.... not facebook...
if the person is satisfy... I don't see why is he/she wanting to have an affair with somebody else...
(Greeks are not included, since having affair, men or women is consider no big deal)

Just as China bans facebook... but China has something that works and run exactly like facebook...

Hope they can find a solution for it.:smokin:

Last edited:

By that logic anything that can be used for purposes other than noble could be termed illegal and its users sinners. For instance knife: its users could be termed sinners as a knife could be used to kill someone although its holder may just use it for cutting veges.

Back
Top Bottom