What's new

Muslims must save Islam from Islamists

Let me give you a simple example. Polio. State wants to eradicate it. Some idiot talks against it, make an example of him.

In the long run, the only way to do this is to educate educate educate.
I agree
but sadly polio workers are being executed. and they were being killed even bore Abbotabad raid on OBL but that scum Afridi just gave another reason to them,

Jews should save Judism from the evil of Zionism too. What do you think Solomon?

Keep deflecting/blaming/cooking conspiracies......
Introspection is better option if you wish to honest about religion n ppl(good one).... Rest god knows.....

Army schools are indeed "elite schools" compared to regular government-run schools, relatively speaking.
the word regular is also subjective.

a regular government run school in a city will look like an elite school to a tat school in the village.
there is nothing elitist about APS by the way. APS and FG schools are ordinary

private schools like Beacon CAN be classed as elitist.

Just a correction...

This wasn't an elite school. Children of generals have studied alongside children of sweepers and Havaldars for a meager 1000 Rs fee.

Carry on.
@Solomon2 can check out how elitist the parents of the victims are. do a search on the photos in the Peshawar hospitals.
look at them in the hospitals and outside the school. there is nothing elitist about them. there are no seas of luxury cars and bodyguards. they are as ordinary as millions or other ordinary Pakistanis you see in the cities.

the word regular is also subjective.

a regular government run school in a city will look like an elite school to a tat school in the village.
there is nothing elitist about APS by the way. APS and FG schools are ordinary

private schools like Beacon CAN be classed as elitist.

Going by the number of students attending, the taat schools are the most common. Anything else is probably elitist by comparison.

When the last time a Juice blow himself up in a crowded public place?

The first person to commit suicide attack was a Jew called Samson from the Old Testament

"I pray, just this once, O God, that I may with one blow take vengeance on the Philistines for my two eyes!” And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars which supported the temple, and he braced himself against them, one on his right and the other on his left. Then Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!” And he pushed with all his might, and the temple fell on the lords and all the people who were in it. So the dead that he killed at his death were more than he had killed in his life." Judges 16:26-30

The first person to commit suicide attack was a Jew called Samson from the Old Testament

"I pray, just this once, O God, that I may with one blow take vengeance on the Philistines for my two eyes!” And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars which supported the temple, and he braced himself against them, one on his right and the other on his left. Then Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!” And he pushed with all his might, and the temple fell on the lords and all the people who were in it. So the dead that he killed at his death were more than he had killed in his life." Judges 16:26-30

And how many thousands of years ago was that? :D

Army schools are indeed "elite schools" compared to regular government-run schools, relatively speaking.

Changing goal posts are we?

So paying 1000 Rs in all sorts of fees combined makes the school elitist?

Thinking about it though...it's a good thing!

Children of sweepers, Havaldars, Drivers, Sepoys, Colonels, Brigadiers and Generals all studying in the same place side by side sitting on one bench.

one of my best friends in APS was the son of a JCO and now he is in PMA. Good to know he got elitist education!

@Solomon2 can check out how elitist the parents of the victims are. do a search on the photos in the Peshawar hospitals.
look at them in the hospitals and outside the school. there is nothing elitist about them. there are no seas of luxury cars and bodyguards. they are as ordinary as millions or other ordinary Pakistanis you see in the cities.
One must defer to Pakistanis on this. Usage of "elite" is subjective, it differs between different cultures depending upon what is considered "elite".

I think the author, Tarek Fatah, mostly wrote this for an American audience. Why not write him and complain?

Changing goal posts are we?

So paying 1000 Rs in all sorts of fees combined makes the school elitist?

Thinking about it though...it's a good thing!

Children of sweepers, Havaldars, Drivers, Sepoys, Colonels, Brigadiers and Generals all studying in the same place side by side sitting on one bench.

one of my best friends in APS was the son of a JCO and now he is in PMA. Good to know he got elitist education!

Please note the meaning of "relatively speaking" as I used it above. :D

The school itself is diverse in its social groups as you say and that is a good thing indeed.

One must defer to Pakistanis on this. Usage of "elite" is subjective, it differs between different cultures depending upon what is considered "elite".

I think the author, Tarek Fatah, mostly wrote this for an American audience. Why not write him and complain?

For Pakistanis even, APS is far from being elite.

For me (middle middle class :p), elite is someone who goes to Roots school or Beaconhouse or whatever in the day, tuition at ACE academy or someplace at evening, has a couple of fancy cars at a fancy home in F-7 or F-6 and moves around with an expensive phone in his hand.

And how many thousands of years ago was that? :D

Ppl lack courage to kill their own ills instead chose a easy way to point fingers at ills of others.... I see, many are hypersensitive about Islam but too insensitive about others faith or beliefs......

Please note the meaning of "relatively speaking" as I used it above. :D

Yeah let's speak relatively. Relative to what?

Relative to American society, no it's definitely not elitist.

Relative to Pakistani society, still not elitist.

So what's the benchmark then? Sudan?

Yeah let's speak relatively. Relative to what?

Relative to American society, no it's definitely not elitist.

Relative to Pakistani society, still not elitist.

So what's the benchmark then?

Relative to the taat schools of the government sector, APS is indeed elite, wouldn't you agree?

PS: The 1,000 rupees fee is heavily subsidized, is it not? Private sector schools would need to pay many times that just to equal the subsidy.

Ppl lack courage to kill their own ills instead chose a easy way to point fingers at ills of others.... I see, many are hypersensitive about Islam but too insensitive about others faith or beliefs......

Denial is more than a river in Egypt, as they say. D

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom