What's new

Muslim groups oppose renaming Jakarta street after Turkey’s Ataturk

They were your SULTAN and CALIPHS and when addressing them you must addresse them in a benefitting manner and with great respect ''O your Highness the great Sultan or Caliph So and so.. Anything else will be considered as provocation and inflammatory... It is basically haram brother
What are you smoking?

Ataturk achieved much greater feats than these Muslim groups will ever achieve combined.
I doubt he would be bothered by not having a street named after him !

but its nice to see that our Government appreciates his greatness though
1646675916843.png

You cannot have it both ways - blame it on geographical separation

and then claim Banglas are different

Bangla is in Indic language family group like Punjabi or Sindhi
What kind of nonsense are you talking about?

Even Sindhis are very different to Punjabis in Pakistan.

but since Sindh is connected to Pakistan geographically they cannot secede.

The only reason Bangladesh got independence was because it is geographically separate from Pakistan.

Otherwise Pakistan would have quashed the uprising in East Pakistan.

Actually it is you who cannot have it both ways. Bangladesh is different from the ethnic groups in Pakistan, but since it was geographically separate from West Pakistan, it was difficult to stop rebellion in East Pakistan.

It has nothing to do with the Ottomans,modern Turkey and Ataturk or Greece and Byzantium.

I don't praise Ataturk. I just understand why Turks love him so much and consider him as a hero of their nation. It makes sense.

Now if you praise Stalin,well that's your problem.

A lot.

How on earth did you come to the conclusion that I'm anti-muslim? Because I don't support idiotic radicals or conservatives who dream of Caliphates and expansion? By that logic all the moderate Muslims are "anti-muslim" as well. Lol.
Many Russian praise and see Stalin as a hero, despite his crusade against Christianity during the Soviet Union.

You are a hypocrite. While you praise Ataturk why don't you praise Joseph Stalin for modernizing Russia and blowing churches.

What about forceful conversation of mosques into churches in Spain when Muslims were expelled from there. Spain used to be known as Al-Andalus.

In Turkey they have every right to convert churches into mosques.

Why do you tell only one side of the story? Say both sides.

You are a hypocrite.

Many Russian praise and see Stalin as a hero, despite his crusade against Christianity during the Soviet Union.

You are a hypocrite. While you praise Ataturk why don't you praise Joseph Stalin for modernizing Russia and blowing churches.

Even the Soviet Communist Party repudiated a lot of things associated with Stalin

Even the Soviet Communist Party repudiated a lot of things associated with Stalin
Same with the AKP party in Turkey who have rejected a lot of things associated with Ataturk.

Time to call a spade a spade, you hypocrite.

Same with the AKP party in Turkey who have rejected a lot of things associated with Ataturk.

Time to call a spade a spade, you hypocrite.

Soviet Communist Party repudiated various aspects of Stalin rule right after his death

AKP did not exist during Ataturk's lifetime

Soviet Communist Party repudiated various aspects of Stalin rule right after his death

AKP did not exist during Ataturk's lifetime
Why are you beating around the bush? The point is that the AKP party has rejected the wrong aspects of Ataturk.

Stop being a moron. Same way how the Communist party condemned Stalin posthumously.

And that's wrong. They shouldn't be praising him.

You are a hypocrite. While you praise Ataturk why don't you praise Joseph Stalin for modernizing Russia and blowing churches
Stalin partly modernized Russia,but whatever he did,he did with violence and millions of deaths. I don't remember Ataturk killing millions of Turks or blowing up mosques or collectivizing their lands forcefully.

What about forceful conversation of mosques into churches in Spain when Muslims were expelled from there. Spain used to be known as Al-Andalus.
Spain was conquered by Muslims and reconquered by the Spanish. That's why it's called a "Reconquista".

In Turkey they have every right to convert churches into mosques.
And that will cause diplomatic trouble and maybe even sanctions on Turkey eventually. It's bad diplomacy.

Why do you tell only one side of the story? Say both sides.

You are a hypocrite.
Hello MMM-E. Calling everyone a hypocrite again?

They were your SULTAN and CALIPHS and when addressing them you must addresse them in a benefitting manner and with great respect ''O your Highness the great Sultan or Caliph So and so.. Anything else will be considered as provocation and inflammatory... It is basically haram brother
What load of bullocks, Sultans or Caliphs are not Gods.

And that's wrong. They shouldn't be praising him.

Stalin partly modernized Russia,but whatever he did,he did with violence and millions of deaths. I don't remember Ataturk killing millions of Turks or blowing up mosques or collectivizing their lands forcefully.

Spain was conquered by Muslims and reconquered by the Spanish. That's why it's called a "Reconquista".

And that will cause diplomatic trouble and maybe even sanctions on Turkey eventually. It's bad diplomacy.

Hello MMM-E. Calling everyone a hypocrite again?
When you are not acknowledging the facts, it shows you are intellectually dishonest.
Ataturk was anti-Islam the same way Stalin was anti-Christianity.
Ataturk tried to ban Islam in Turkey and changed the Azan to Turkish.

You really know nothing.
Yeah but after the Spanish conquered Spain from the Muslims they converted all the mosques into churches.

lol hypocrite, if they can convert mosques into churches in Spain likewise chruches can be converted into mosques in Turkey.

Why do you keep ignoring these arguments. Are you afraid of accepting the facts?

Yeah I call you a hypocrite because you say it is okay to convert mosques into churches in Spain, but it is wrong to convert churches into mosques in Turkey?

So that makes you a hypocrite.

Why don't you call a spade a spade.

Ataturk tried to ban Islam in Turkey and changed the Azan to Turkish.
How did Ataturk try to ban Islam in Turkey? Go on,enlighten us.

Yeah I call you a hypocrite because you say it is okay to convert mosques into churches in Spain, but it is wrong to convert churches into mosques in Turkey?
I told you yesterday,but you didn't get it. I'm not Spanish and I'm not Catholic. I don't care what the Spaniards did to the Almohads. You guys mentioned Agia-Sofia
and Agia-Sofia isn't any church or cathedral. It's a major symbol of Orthodox Christianity and Hellenism as well as Christianity in general.

It would be like turning the Al-Aqsa mosque or Dome of the Rock into churches or synagogues. It's like taking the Badshahi mosque and converting it into a Hindu temple.

How did Ataturk try to ban Islam in Turkey? Go on,enlighten us.

I told you yesterday,but you didn't get it. I'm not Spanish and I'm not Catholic. I don't care what the Spaniards did to the Almohads. You guys mentioned Agia-Sofia
and Agia-Sofia isn't any church or cathedral. It's a major symbol of Orthodox Christianity and Hellenism as well as Christianity in general.

It would be like turning the Al-Aqsa mosque or Dome of the Rock into churches or synagogues. It's like taking the Badshahi mosque and converting it into a Hindu temple.
You are not being Catholic or Spanish is irrelevant. The point is that Christians converted mosques into Churches in Spain after conquering Al-Andalus.

You failing you acknowledge this fact shows you are intellectually dishonest and a hypocrite.

What is your opinion on the Alhambra mosque being converted into a church in Spain, you hypocrite.

The Alhambra mosque is a symbol of Islam.

You don't even call a spade a spade.

you just say you are not Catholic and not spanish or that bullshit.

Aren't Catholics also Christians like Greek Orthodox.

The analogy is relevant here.

If you do not care about that the Christian Spanish did to the Muslim Moors, then we should not care what the Muslim Turks did to the Christians in Anatolia.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are not being Catholic or Spanish is irrelevant. The point is that Christians converted mosques into Churches in Spain after conquering Al-Andalus.

You failing you acknowledge this fact shows you are intellectually dishonest and a hypocrite.

What is your opinion on the Alhambra mosque being converted into a church in Spain, you hypocrite.

The Alhambra mosque is a symbol of Islam.

You don't even call a spade a spade.

you just say you are not Catholic and not spanish or that bullshit.

Aren't Catholics also Christians like Greek Orthodox.

The analogy is relevant here.

If you do not care about that the Christian Spanish did to the Muslim Moors, then we should not care what the Muslim Turks did to the Christians in Anatolia.

You are a hypocrite.
First of all stop calling me a hypocrite. Second stop calling me names in general.

Third,I'm not in favor of places of worship bring converted into different places of worship.

Now tell me,do you care about things the Iranians do? Do you consider them heretics? Do you consider Shia Islam a heresy?

Enough with your spades. If you don't have the brain to understand what I'm telling you for 5 pages,then wtf are you doing here? You compare two completely different civilisations and conquests and say "Oh it's Islam. It's the same". We're talking about Turks and Agia-Sofia and you insist on giving the example of Andalusia and the Spaniards.

Then you say,it's the same because Islam is the same and Catholics and Orthodox are Christians so they are the same.

Would you like it if someone accused Pakistan about something another country did? By saying "they're all Muslims,they are the same".

It's like Saudi Arabia doing something bad,but someone jumping and accusing Pakistan as well. Wtf is your logic about?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom