ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Murree Brewery soon to brew in India
By Web Desk
Published: November 30, 2013
639244-murreebrewerypakistan-1385830690-894-640x480.jpg

Company franchises Bangalore-based entrepreneur to bottle and sell its brand in India. PHOTO: murreebrewery.com

AMRITSAR: Pakistani beverage company Murree Brewery has given a franchise to a Bangalore-based entrepreneur to bottle and sell its beer brand in the Indian market, The Economic Times reported on Friday.

Murree Brewery CEO Isphanyar Bhandara told The Ecnomic Times that ”it was not permissible to export beer to India through the Wagah-Attari border so we decided to offer our company’s franchise to an entrepreneur in Bangalore to brew, bottle and market Murree beer in India.

“This will also strengthen trading ties between India and Pakistan. The product will hit the market soon.”

Bhandara said Murree Brewery produces beer, single malt whisky, scotch whisky, vodka and brandy.

He said under the Pakistani law, Muslims are prohibited from consuming alcoholic drinks, whereas non-Muslims and foreigners require consumption permits.

“We sell our alcoholic products in five-star hotels only. Pakistan also prohibits export of alcoholic products. For now we are interested in finding distributors for our beer in India,” Bhandara said while explaining his company’s business plans.

Bhandara, who is a Parsi, said Murree beverages will be made in India in the brewery of an Indian actor under their brand (Murree) and formulation.

“Murree Brewery was established in Ghora Galli (a tourist mountain resort town in the Galiyat area of northern Pakistan) in 1860 in response to demand for beer by the British officers. It is the oldest running enterprise in Pakistan,” he proudly stated.

“Indians may import onions and tomatoes from us but they are sceptical about buying beer from Pakistan since there is no dearth of fizzy drinks in India,” said Bhandara.

He said they were keen on finding distributors for their brand in India, especially in Punjab.

Well, I hope the Bangalorean entrepreneur plans to export Murree products from the manufacturing facility he establishes.

MB was not shut down because of a deal with PA. MB owner's fabulous house has been handed over to PA. PA Chief lives there. The original Army House where Ayub and Yahya had stayed is probably the Corps Commdr's house now.

MB was not shut down because of a deal with PA. MB owner's fabulous house has been handed over to PA. PA Chief lives there. The original Army House where Ayub and Yahya had stayed is probably the Corps Commdr's house now.

^

But Bandahara's was a cleaver little parsi.

It would be embarrassing for us, if the indians found out that we make better beer than them. But it would hurt their egos.

Too many immature kids from India populate PDF.

Grow up Guys. Why is it that you clowns reduce all threads into dick measuring contest.

It will be Brewed in India. The only thing Pakistani about this beer will be the brand name.
and the recipe of course.
just like how pepsi brewed in india is still american? you know what i mean? lol
freaking clown lol

Recipe for brewing beer :omghaha:.
yeah………
please tell me your joking.
you know how Budweiser tastes different from other beers?
its because Budweiser has its own recipe.
please don't tell me that your this stupid.

Sorry to disappoint you guys but I have friends whose dad's are into the micro brewery scene here in India. Some firangs also. Latest fad in high society apparently.

A beer (or any spirit) cannot be technically the same if the water source changes. You could import the strains of yeast and the grain and hops etc. but if the water is not the same, it will not taste the same.

So unless Mure is going to be brewed here with the same water, it is not the same as the original. Just saying. Will taste and drink it nevertheless. I am an equal opportunity boozard.

Back
Top Bottom