What's new

Multiple blasts in Parachinar kill 39, injure 122

Gryphon

Reaction score
July 26, 2013

582301-parachinar-1374858727-369-640x480.jpg

Ambulances arrive at the scene of the blast in Parachinar.

PARACHINAR: At least 39 people were killed and 122 injured in two bomb explosions in the central market of Parachinar, Kurram Agency, Express News reported.

Two bombs planted in motorbikes were reportedly detonated in Shingak Bazaar and in the Zeran vehicle stand that killed at least eight people on the spot and injured more than 122.

The first explosion, what looked like a suicide bombing according to sources, took place near a mosque in the area.

Residents from the nearby crowded markets rushed to shift the injured to the Parachinar headquarters hospital, where two of the injured succumbed to injuries. An emergency was declared in hospital.

The condition of three injured from the blast is reported to be critical.

Some sources said that the bombs used a timed device to detonate, and could be heard from most parts of the agency.

As many as 12 cars and several shops were also destroyed in the blasts.

Earlier on Friday, two people were killed when a road-side planted bomb hit a passenger vehicle in Pakistan’s northwest tribal region of Kurram Agency on Friday afternoon.

A total of three blasts in total occurred in Parachinar on Friday, killing at least 39 and injuring at least 122.

Parachinar has a significant Shia population that has previously been attacked by hardline Sunni militant groups.

Multiple blasts in Parachinar kill 39, injure 122 – The Express Tribune

A very sad incident. Huge loss of life.

I was watching the TV and at that time they said only 4 dead. Death toll rose sharply then...

May Allah bless all those who departed this world today and in other terror attacks.

Its always on a Friday.. Most major attacks in Pakistan have been on a Friday. And then they claim a religious affiliation.. :disagree:

I have never noticed anyone from Parachinar happy about the situation there. These terrorist Talibani dogs have been arriving in Parachinar in droves. There is no stopping these animals.

Sometimes I really feel despondent like @muse with the state institutions. Why are the terrorists not caught before they commit these violent acts. Here right here, right now I offer to fight the militants and plan to defeat them with my own bare hands. When will we realize this war is our war and we have to fight it in our own way.

What is so hard for a military that is one of the best in the world to eliminate scum such as the Taliban. We need to develop a strategy to counter the Taliban. We need to finish off their commanders, eradicate their cadres, destroy their supply networks.

If we Pakistanis don't deal with the militant problem we will be left far behind. I support the army and I know they have struggled hard to fill the role of peace keeper but how many more of us civilians will die till we realize these militants are a major threat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abbay, it's not longer controllable, it's mostly on autopilot and can not be stopped. Entropy at play.

I have never noticed anyone from Parachinar happy about the situation there. These terrorist Talibani dogs have been arriving in Parachinar in droves. There is no stopping these animals.

Sometimes I really feel despondent like @muse with the state institutions. Why are the terrorists not caught before they commit these violent acts. Here right here, right now I offer to fight the militants and plan to defeat them with my own bare hands. When will we realize this war is our war and we have to fight it in our own way.

What is so hard for a military that is one of the best in the world to eliminate scum such as the Taliban. We need to develop a strategy to counter the Taliban. We need to finish off their commanders, eradicate their cadres, destroy their supply networks.

If we Pakistanis don't deal with the militant problem we will be left far behind. I support the army and I know they have struggled hard to fill the role of peace keeper but how many more of us civilians will die till we realize these militants are a major threat.

One possibility to consider is that it is NOT "one of the best military in the world". May be it is an outdated, incompetent, corpulent relic from another time that is incapable of dealing with the huge changes and challenges around it? May be?

Please use the word TTP... thank you.... :D

Pashtuns killing Pashtuns, and some fools were criticizing me after I proposed PA go after TTP family members including children and wives. PA needs to target and destroy the families of TTP, either arrest or kill them. Only way to really demoralize the TTP besides bombing their tiny holds and positions. TTP is a classic gorilla insurgency, so conventional military strength won't win it alone. Better COIN is needed, as always.

A Tragic Incident...May the martyred rest in peace and speedy recovery for the Injured....

Pashtuns killing Pashtuns, and some fools were criticizing me after I proposed PA go after TTP family members including children and wives. PA needs to target and destroy the families of TTP, either arrest or kill them. Only way to really demoralize the TTP besides bombing their tiny holds and positions. TTP is a classic gorilla insurgency, so conventional military strength won't win it alone. Better COIN is needed, as always.

Excuse me? Are you suggesting that Pakistan Army "arrest and kill the families" of TTP? That is WRONG and a CRIMINAL ACT.

RIP

It seems terrorists have free hand in Pakistan .... yesterday they attacked intelligence agency office

Back
Top Bottom