What's new

Multan’s six sisters tie the knot with six brothers

B.K.N

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A unique wedding has been held in Multan where six sisters from one household married six brothers from another household. Both the households belong to the same extended family.

All the bridegrooms and all the brides are cousins. And although multiple weddings at a single event are not rare in Punjab this one surprised many and everyone wanted to know more.

The six daughters of Mohammed Lateef tied the knot with their six cousins in a grand wedding event on Tuesday.

One of the bridegrooms, Shafiq, claims it was a “love marriage.”

One of the six brides, Anum, expressed her emotions on her big day saying, “We [six sisters] are happy about getting married on the same day”.

All brides were dressed up in the traditional red and two of them wore the same outfits. The family got emotional when the six sisters departed for their new homes.

“We are happy that a new joint family has been formed,” another bridegroom Shakeel said.

Sajjad said, “We all brothers share a good bond among us.”

Shafiq prayed for “a lifetime companionship.”

The grooms made a Punjabi-style entry to the venue and performed bhangra before entering the hall.

Zahoor Baksh, the father of the grooms, was happy and proud on the occasion. “We have always held grand multiple wedding events and accepted whatever came from the family elders,” he said.

It helps us to reduce financial burden, he added.
https://www.samaa.tv/video/2021/12/multans-six-sisters-tie-the-knot-with-six-brothers/

TLP-1280x720.jpg

than we ask how these idiots attract crowds

Last edited:
Hope they live happily ever after ..I have little concern about little sisters age though..

Watta Satta, ensuring no one lives happily ever after.

Not a watta satta because 6 brothers married six sisters. Not like 4 brothers and 2 sisters from 1 family married to 4 sisters and 2 brothers of another. That would be watta satta.

Still, even in this case. If one couple didn't succeeded in establishing good relation and their partnership failed, it may also effect the other sisters. As is usually observed in Pakistani khandaan.

The grooms made a Punjabi-style entry to the venue and performed bhangra before entering the hall.

Zahoor Baksh, the father of the grooms, was happy and proud on the occasion. “We have always held grand multiple wedding events and accepted whatever came from the family elders,” he said.
Somewhere a patwari is scheming to take away all your land Zahoor despite all your elders efforts to keep it all in the family.
View attachment 801334
than we ask how these idiots attract crowds

The people in the photo don't look alike at all.

Don't ask me why, cos I don't want to repeat myself umpteen times, I am against cousin marriages, my extended family is itself facing the consequences of cousin marriage which happened decades back.
They may not be cousins.

Now we wait for disabled children and Allah ki marzi

Don't do drama for the sake of it. Only in a small minority of cousin marriages there are disabilities or problems with the children born.

This risk is higher than marrying someone who is not your cousin.

This risk is multiplied every generation that marries thier cousin.

Dramabaazi does not help, it draws attention away from the very important facts our people need to be aware of.

Don't do drama for the sake of it. Only in a small minority of cousin marriages there are disabilities or problems with the children born.

This risk is higher than marrying someone who is not your cousin.

This risk is multiplied every generation that marries thier cousin.

Dramabaazi does not help, it draws attention away from the very important facts our people need to be aware of.
So you call facts drama.
All the scientists are wrong and Mr ghazi313 is an expert and risk is small. How small? ?? Even farmers say change the blood but not ghazi313. Keep it in the family 👪

Well let me tell you...I know someone who married her cousin and she has an autistic child and he is 13 with a brain age of about 2. He cannot do anything for himself.
So bhai jaan bhai jaan mere jaan has to stop.

People like you need to stop sleeping with your cousins. There are other women out there.
1 child born due to stupidity is 1 child too many

So you call facts drama.
All the scientists are wrong and Mr ghazi313 is an expert and risk is small. How small? ?? Even farmers say change the blood but not ghazi313. Keep it in the family 👪

Well let me tell you...I know someone who married her cousin and she has an autistic child and he is 13 with a brain age of about 2. He cannot do anything for himself.
So bhai jaan bhai jaan mere jaan has to stop.

People like you need to stop sleeping with your cousins. There are other women out there.
1 child born due to stupidity is 1 child too many

Anecdotal evidence, how impressive.

Here are the facts;

The risk of a child with a genetic based disease is 3% in a non cousin marriage.

If you marry your cousin this risk doubles to 6%.

The inverse of that is also true.

If you don't marry your cousin the chance of a baby without genetic disorder is 97%.

If you do marry your cousin the chance of a baby without genetic disorder is 94%.

Yes that is a reduction but 94% of children born in cousin marriages have no genetic issues.

So let's not twist facts because by twisting facts and using anecdotes etc we lead the argument away from the important part.

What is the important part? That marrying your cousin doubles your chance of a kid with genetic defects.

It is still a small risk (6%) but still double that of a non cousin marriage. This risk is multipled if your parents are related too.

If you present cousin marriage as a guarantee of disabled children people will rightly mock your argument stating the hundreds of successful examples they know of.

So let's stick to facts so we can help curb it, rather than exaggeration.

Back
Top Bottom