What's new

Movement for Hazara province

i would rather want them to start demanding a new province instead of a change in name. once the process starts, we will have to make saraiki province as well.

on a more serious note, y cant they name it pakhtonkhwa hazara, instead of khyber pakhtonkhwa.

things will only get bad and then one call from GHQ will settle everything. y cant these politicians learn to sort out such issues themselves?

change the name to pakhtonkwa hazara. wats the problem?

i asked the same question and somebody said that PML-N want to pave way for creation of Hazara province, but in reality it seems that this Khyber Pakhtunkhwa name will create alot of problems. Hazara Pakhtunkhwa(or Pakhtunkhwa Hazara) would have been much more logical and satisfactory to majority of people.

i would rather want them to start demanding a new province instead of a change in name. once the process starts, we will have to make saraiki province as well.

on a more serious note, y cant they name it pakhtonkhwa hazara, instead of khyber pakhtonkhwa.

question is why didnt they ? since it was one of the proposed names.

Name change is not what the people of Hazara are demanding anymore, they want a separate province now, and from what i have seen on the streets today, i can't say i blame them.

One cannot imagine what the local people are feeling now. Since late last night, police squads have poured in from various areas of Sarhad, before there was even a hint of agitation. Opening fire on innocent should not and will not be tolerated.

I don't know what game the ANP is playing but it definitely is going to be bad for the people of Hazara.

PML has a huge base in terms of hazaara, having an independent hazara province will reduce ANP's influence in the centre and will give the hazaran people a chance to be represented in the centre. The only thing wrong with this model is that PML-Q will seek to divide up punjab on voter-base too, since they are in support of the seraiki and bahawalpur province.

dividing the present provinces into ethnic basis with only widen harm the interest i guess. first pakistan should resolve important issues like foreign relations, national security, baloch uprising, indian terrorism across the border etc. when the national security of a country is at stake and environment is bad, its not the time to touch such trivial issues.

ANP should be declared a terrorist organization and banned. in karachi too they are a menace.

People of Hazara love Pakistan more then ANP who is always anti Pakistan.

Hazara/Hunza people are extremely under-represented in Pakistan they have a sizeable majority in Northern Area of Kashmir including Gilgit/Baltistan aswell as in Quetta. I have interacted with them quite alot due to my youth society roles at my mosque and a couple of fascinating things i have picked about them is that their the least ethnic conscious group out of all us Pakistani and they love our country immensely.

Several years ago Afghan Hazara had settled in the city and started renting a hall along with sporting facilities for their own community. They invited the Hazara from the Pakistani community to join them yet surprising they rejected their calls and stayed with our mosque based on nationality.

These actions of rioting from them is extremely out of character as they are very humble, quiet and mature in person. I really hope the Pakistani government addresses any concerns that they have as they are an asset to our country.

I dislike the naming of provinces based on ethnicity as all it does is separate people along the lines of their ethnicity. Hopefully the name will be changed to Hazara-Pakthunkhwa instead of Khyber-Paktunkhwa.

Shame on ANP for using force and PML(N) for selling out for Hazara wals rights.
Shame on President of Pakistan who is a sign of unit to let people of Hazara down.

Agreed, if majority not agreed with new name no need to start a new poltical drama, GOP should focus on other major issues of inflation,injustice ,health and education.

NWFP govt send 1200 Police men to Abbottabad to kill the protester. None of Hazara Police started Firing in this Protest.

ANP Starting Bloody Drama.

R.I.P to the dead. On such a trivial issue, so many precious lives were lost.
ANP plan backfired. Wonder what will they do now?

things will only get bad and then one call from GHQ will settle everything.

Care to explain how a single call from GHQ will settle the matter? We saw One Unit and the aftermath from GHQ as well. I'm hoping you're not recommending use of force either. Political compromise would require wise people but this time it's not about political compromise rather it's about pissing the people off. People are speculating that somehow Q or N are behind these riots, but it is clear to me that it's just the people who have taken to the streets without any inflammation from a political party.

Were the people of Hazara as repressed as the Balochis? Or were they enjoying so good that they found it worthy enough to take to the streets for just a provincial rename? I'm just seeing a infuriated mob triggered by idiots who had nothing better than to bring violence to the streets. The electronic media is catering to their needs by keeping them on the screens 24/7.

Then you'll have protests from people in Peshawar. Damn this thing is a mess. Nobody is willing to compromise.

Hazara/Hunza people...in Northern Area of Kashmir including Gilgit/Baltistan aswell as in Quetta....

PP you got the wrong Hazara. The people who live at the place Hazara are not the ethnic group Hazara, but the ethno-linguistic group Hazaarewals/Punjabi-speaking-Pukhtuns. The people Hazara who migrated from Afghanistan are Hazaragi/Farsi-speakers.

Many outsiders make this confusion. Just remember, one is the people from the ethnicicty Hazara and the other the people from the region Hazara.

I am finding it pathetic that somehow everything is being labeled on "bloody politicians" for no one has established that any party is behind flaming the people in the region. If you're saying that they created a mess with the rename, then that is wrong to assert for nobody had calculated this big a backlash from the people of Hazara and all of us had happy faces when the PCCR reached a consensus on the name of the province and when the 18th amendment was passed.

Hazara Pakhtunkwa might have triggered similar protest in Peshawar. None of us had calculated that such a backlash would occur. I find it repulsive that the blame be solely laid on the political class, but somehow it seems natural that such opinions emanate from the keyboards of many members on this forum.

I think NWFP should be name Pakhtunkhwa and there should be a new province name hazara.
there should be another province in southern Punjab named Siraikistan.

Back
Top Bottom