What's new

More peace talks? Anyone?

Cheetah786

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The attacks are no longer confined to military and police bases. They are no longer targeting the poor common man in vegetable markets and mosques.

They have smoothly arrived where their penetration should have been hardest.

They have left their mark at a place where even the high and mighty of the country must frequent every now and then.

Is it time to get serious yet?

Last night’s tragic and terrifying attack on the Karachi airport has left the country stunned. The international community is no less surprised, but let’s deal with reactions at home first.

How?

Well it’s all there. The disguises, the heavy weaponry and the intricate planning that apparently had been taking place since long before the peace talks were initiated.

The Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan did not wait too long to claim responsibility for the attack that left at least 18 people dead. According to them, this attack was carried out to avenge the killing of Hakimullah Mehsud in a US drone strike. They also claim that this is just the beginning… so where does that leave us now?

Hopefully united and on the same page? Or perhaps that’s still too much to ask of ourselves.

Our politicians started issuing their condemnations as soon as the news of the first victim’s death started flashing on our television screens. Some good those will do.
Then came our social media pundits.

Amongst the prayers for peace and harmony were sharp sarcastic comments against the PML-N government, as well as the PTI – PPP seems to be way down on the popularity list this year and was spared a mention. Why let such a good opportunity go – let’s point fingers at anyone we can think of and add them to the blame list. Yeah, that’s not going to yield any results other than some likes on your post perhaps.

This is the time to firmly and clearly denounce peace talks. It is time to demand action against those who have clearly made a mockery out of any peace efforts our government has initiated.

The PTI-appointed member of the government committee to negotiate with the TTP, Rustam Shah Mohmand has said that any talks for cessation of hostilities with the TTP will now be held on the government's conditions. About time. But, how many people will still support talks now, let alone rally for the upper hand on these ‘conditions’?

The government should get rid of any plans they have for talks and take direct action. Today the terrorists got inside the Karachi airport, tomorrow they can get inside a government premises or facility – is that when they’ll draw the line?

A salute to our forces for killing all 10 terrorists and recovering the heavy weapons but this isn’t where the exchange of information should stop. We have been told that the terrorists may have been foreign nationals – we need to be told more.

How did they get in the country?

Who is funding them?

Where are they training and why aren’t we targeting those places yet?

Setting aside our preferences for various political parties and our hatred for various foreign elements suspected for such attacks, we need to be united in our demand for action and the cessation of peace efforts. They are a farce and will remain so.

Your enemy shot bullets into the few functional aircrafts you have left and had aimed to take out all. Your enemy gave a terrible welcome to the passengers who had just landed at the time and gave a terrible goodbye to those stuck on the tarmac. They took 18 innocent lives and promise to take more.

When do you say enough?

Blocking and barricading roads around the airport isn’t the answer and neither will that antenna search device help any longer. The president can call the terrorists cowards for as long as he likes but fact remains that these ‘cowards’ are bringing the country to its knees and mere lip service in regards to this will no longer do.

If we are stronger and braver than them, it is about time we prove that.

Calls for military action have been echoing since years but perhaps now our government and military may realise that the time is right and the situation extremely grave.

Shyema Sajjad is a former Dawn staffer.

I have yet to see pics of these terrorist i have yet to see government getting serious about catching them.

put the picture of deat terrorist in media and find out who was harboring then which transport they used to get all that ammo into Karachi.

punish the one that was harboring them with his and family necks taken off middle of the street (they want sharia they shell have sharia)

But as usual no action by the fags PML_N and other good for nothing shit politicians.

I think stupid govt is waiting until their home is on their target list! I hope someone just "accidentally" drops a list of "possible suicide attacks" and puts NS home as top priority would love to see if he wants more talks now! Or any other CM or governor's name!

The Government of Pakistan should take this traumatic situation and moment as an opportunity to wiping-out the hide-outs of terrorists. Taliban khan(PTI) needs to change his stance. and stop playing games with people lives for few votes. Then Pak army can launch a full scale operation against these terrorists.

Even after the attack i have yet to see any announcement they are acting like nothing happened

The Government of Pakistan should take this traumatic situation and moment as an opportunity to wiping-out the hide-outs of terrorists. Taliban khan(PTI) needs to change his stance. and stop playing games with people lives for few votes. Then Pak army can launch a full scale operation against these terrorists.

Even after the attack i have yet to see any announcement they are acting like nothing happened
Everyone is acting stupid and irresponsible from Sindh govt to NS....clean sweep everyone failed the nation!

Everyone is acting stupid and irresponsible from Sindh govt to NS....clean sweep everyone failed the nation!

So the only option left is to Cary a gun and shoot to kill any one we don't like because the way he or she looks as the state has failed to provide security and protection.

There is no point in talking to these terrorists , these guys can understand only one language , that of force.. !!!!

So the only option left is to Cary a gun and shoot to kill any one we don't like because the way he or she looks as the state has failed to provide security and protection.
Check already happening...

Suggest something new :coffee:

Pakistan should be cleaned by Army by starting operation against them.

Check already happening...

Suggest something new :coffee:

Agreed, but on a very small scale Karachi & Hyderabad is going to become inhospitable for Pathans. and this will spread through out the country.

Agreed, but on a very small scale Karachi & Hyderabad is going to become inhospitable for Pathans. and this will spread through out the country.
I wish they were inhospitable to the stupid elite, wadera craps + the stupid terrorists lurking in between them....

I wish they were inhospitable to the stupid elite, wadera craps + the stupid terrorists lurking in between them....

They way i see it its very simple, our politicians have no clue how to run the country so they are happy with this chaos as it take the attention of them.

PPP, PML_N or any other pee brain are all in it to steal and have no educational back ground in law or economics. so they are happy with all this mess and are in no mood to clean this up.

ISLAMABAD:
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) on Monday denounced the attacks on Karachi airport and Shia pilgrims in Balochistan and called upon top officials to step down and take responsibility for the security lapses.

“It is a complete failure on the part of the government and state to protect key installations and citizens’ lives and those under whose watch this happened must immediately take responsibility and resign,” the core committee noted in a meeting, chaired by the PTI chief Imran Khan.

According to the handout released after the meeting, the core committee also condemned the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) for the attack on Karachi airport and demanded that the government take effective measures to cope with the situation.

“It was a complete security and intelligence failure. Lessons from the Mehran base incident were not learnt and the airport attack was a repeat of that earlier terrorist attack,” the committee observed.

The committee also called into question the measures taken by federal and provincial governments to ensure security of the vulnerable Shia pilgrims.

“It is inexplicable why the provincial and federal governments have failed to provide security to Shia pilgrims in Balochistan, despite repeated targeting of Zaireen in that province,” it noted.

Criticising the government, the committee said the government had failed in its basic duty to protect its citizens as well as strategic installations like airports.

“In any functioning democracy the government will be held accountable by parliament for such severe security lapses at strategic installations and repeated inability to protect those of its citizens, whom it knows are being singled out for targeted attacks,” it said.

It said it was time for the government to admit its total failure in governance.

“[Government’s] first responsibility is protecting the lives of its citizens followed by securing its sensitive installations like airports, which are the gateway to the country,” the core committee said.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 10th, 2014.

Last edited:
They way i see it its very simple, our politicians have no clue how to run the country so they are happy with this chaos as it take the attention of them.

PPP, PML_N or any other pee brain are all in it to steal and have no educational back ground in law or economics. so they are happy with all this mess and are in no mood to clean this up.
agreed....sadly even our population is uneducated and cant add 2 and 2 :( Hope these events wake em up...seems like only army is looking after the country while politicians are busy looting it without even having to lead it! I wish army would go ahead with the ops ...screw the politicians ...and for once hope that talibunnies just attack these stupid politicians ...but i guess even they are smart enough not to want attention

agreed....sadly even our population is uneducated and cant add 2 and 2 :( Hope these events wake em up...seems like only army is looking after the country while politicians are busy looting it without even having to lead it! I wish army would go ahead with the ops ...screw the politicians ...and for once hope that talibunnies just attack these stupid politicians ...but i guess even they are smart enough not to want attention

Problem solved by the NA

ISLAMABAD:
The National Assembly (NA) unanimously passed on Tuesday two resolutions against the attacks on the Karachi airport and Shia pilgrims in Taftan on June 8.

The resolutions salute the security personnel who laid down their lives while protecting the country in the Karachi airport attack and condemn the act of terrorism and sectarianism in Taftan, Balochistan.

No More Peace Talks, enuff of this peace talk & they being our misguided bro's Topi Drama....not buying this any more

Back
Top Bottom