What's new

Modi’s Proposed Revolution

I think you just quoted the wrong person there.
But anyways I will answer your post.
Pole-Vaulters, economic migrants or whatever you want to call them. They are all vulnerable people. Nobody leaves their home just for the sake of it.
The discussion is not about the nomenclature of such but the religious based discrimination that Modi is proposing.

What specific religion based discrimination are you talking about? As far as I know Modi hasn't proposed a jaziya or anything similar.

they are a bunch of attention seeking drama queens . . . thats it.
A guy who started anti corruption movement ...he is disappeared again ?.....forget his name.....Isn't Indian politics is extra ordinary fast pace.....people wants to see change on daily bases.....or we lost tolerance , want to see a daily favorable miracle...

A guy who started anti corruption movement ...he is disappeared again ?.....forget his name.....Isn't Indian politics is extra ordinary fast pace.....people wants to see change on daily bases.....or we lost tolerance , want to see a daily favorable miracle...

Are you talking about Anna Hazare ??

he got what he was looking for . . a jan lokpal Bill ( though he wanted a much stronger and effective one ).

with the rapid increase in literacy rate and connectivity within the society through Media/ social media. these expectations are bound to pop up. its really difficult to bring a change but not impossible.

in a way its a good thing for us.

Clarify?

Some people seem to teach India about secularism and religious freedom ..... Sure we have some fundamentalist fukcheads around us like in any other nation on this planet, but overall, we do have religious freedom protected by the state and our secularism is embedded in the very first lines of our constitution.

But according to some people here India is a Hindutva nation because there are only 20 Muslims going to be the parliament. But what they never thought about is the fact that those 200 million people could have voted for only Muslim candidates which they clearly have not. These people teach about secularism but cannot imagine a Muslim voting for a non Muslim.

And unlike in you country, no one here can get sentenced to DEATH (!) for blasphemy in the year 2014!

They want to turn it from a secular to Hindu country. Thus they have to drop Gandhi who was secular.

Jinnah wouldn't agree with your statement. Stop making statements, just for the sake of making statement or talk Indians down.

Yes, I meant to quote you.

"Economic migrants" would also include people who legally migrate with visas and valid documents and pay taxes - which pole vaulters don't do. So the proper term is illegal immigrants, not the larger "economic migrants".

Yes I agree that it is discriminatory, and they should be sent back regardless of their religion. But my only point to you was that that is not tantamount to India becoming a hindu state, any more than the slew of pro-muslim discrimination already in place (as opposed to just proposed) make India a muslim nation.

This is all I wanted to confirm. It's discriminatory.
It may not be the final word now. But if Modi and the new Indian gov continue in this vain it will end up as a Hindu state and would have to jettison any pretensions about plurality.

What specific religion based discrimination are you talking about? As far as I know Modi hasn't proposed a jaziya or anything similar.
It will help if you read the OP and the thread. Before typing.

Back
Top Bottom