What's new

Modi will develop India into a Hindu state: Goa minister

BanglaBhoot

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
France
Days after his minister brother triggered a controversy by demanding a ban on wearing bikinis on Goa’s beaches, Cooperation Minister Deepak Dhavalikar on Thursday appeared to have waded into another, saying Prime Minister Narendra Modi will develop India into a Hindu nation.

“I am confident that under the leadership of Modiji, India will develop into a Hindu nation. Prime Minister will work in this regard is what I feel,” he said while speaking in state assembly on a motion congratulating Modi on BJP’s electoral victory.

Both Dhavalikar brothers — Sudin and Deepak — belonging to Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party, an ally of BJP, are ministers in the Manohar Parrikar government.

“Wearing bikinis should be banned on Goa’s beaches,” Sudin Dhavalikar, the state’s transport minister, had said earlier this month.

Before that, he had slammed the “young girls going to pubs in short dresses” as it was against Goan culture.

“Young girls going to pubs in short dresses does not fit in our culture. What will happen to our Goan culture if we allow this?… Scantily-dressed girls visiting pubs project a wrong culture and this should be stopped,” he had said.

Sudin had later withdrawn his comments that provoked outrage in the state whose beaches and pubs swarm with tourists, including lakhs of foreigners.

Modi will develop India into a Hindu state: Goa minister | The Indian Express

Hinduism is not a religion is a way of living, in India every one is considered as a Hindu. It is a Hindu state already. A Hindu already believes in different dharms and philosophies as a part of life.

No minority agrees to your definition of Hindu and considers this cultural hindu thing an underhanded way or enforcing the religion of majority on them .

Not a kind of start Indians were expecting! I hope Modi led government doesn't let down its voters.

No minority agrees to your definition of Hindu and considers this cultural hindu thing an underhanded way or enforcing the religion of majority on them .

That is not the fault of a Hindu then it is the fault of those who misinterpret. If I say A is A but you say B is A then this will only lead to conflict not peace. Because this has no end.

Hinduism is not a religion is a way of living, in India every one is considered as a Hindu. It is a Hindu state already. A Hindu already believes in different dharms and philosophies as a part of life.

Then perhaps minister ji is either ignorant about the fact that India is a Hindu state or he believes India is not what it should be.

Then perhaps minister ji is either ignorant about the fact that India is a Hindu state or he believes India is not what it should be.

Minister ji is an insignificant entity who just got lucky by siding the right party in Indian elections. I believe that PM Modi will concentrate more on infrastructure and unbundling red tape when it comes to business opportunities in India than he will on converting the unbelievers into Hinduism. If he adopts the former instead of the latter in his first term of office, it will certainly guarantee him a second term. Even if the number of Bangladeshis in India increase :D

Had the same been said by the ruler of Dubai, would you have have been out there pissing away on the move.
Hypocritical standards much?

We do not believe in Rulers now , it is a democratic system. Any thing implemented goes through a democratic process first.

Minister ji is an insignificant entity who just got lucky by siding the right party in Indian elections. I believe that PM Modi will concentrate more on infrastructure and unbundling red tape when it comes to business opportunities in India than he will on converting the unbelievers into Hinduism. If he adopts the former instead of the latter in his first term of office, it will certainly guarantee him a second term. Even if the number of Bangladeshis in India increase :D

Exactly what I have implied in post # 4. Minsters should deliver what they were voted for, such unnecessary and moronic statements would certainly disappoint people.

yep.only 6% of minorities voted for him.

Hindus are no longer divided in to cast now.

@he-man, dude?

Back
Top Bottom