What's new

Modi to PM: Don’t even think of giving Sir creek to Pakistan

Puchtoon

Reaction score
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has written a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, saying that the government should not even consider handing over Sir creek to Pakistan, as this would severely impact the security of Gujarat.

The centre is supposed to take a decision in this regard on 15 December.

Modi_AFP_4Dec2.jpg

Modi has signed the letter as a ‘citizen of Gujarat’ rather than as Chief Minister, because the model code of conduct is in force in the state, which will begin going to polls tomorrow.

In the letter Modi says that the people of the state need to have a say in the matter because although the decision was one that fell within the realms of international diplomacy, Gujarat would be directly affected in the event that Sir Creek was handed over.

He also said that the centre needed to postpone the date of the decision altogether.

Speaking at a media briefing shortly after, BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said that Modi was right to be concerned, because “if Sir creek is given away, Gujarat will be completely exposed to Pakistan’s borders.

Modi to PM: Don’t even think of giving Sir creek to Pakistan | Firstpost

LETTER

Letter by Shri Narendra Modi to Prime Minister on Sir-Creek being handed over to Pakistan

Last time i checked, India was planning of erecting Floating fences on Sir Creek, so i don't think it will be handed over to Pakistan besides any Indian land transfer to any other nation needs Parliament approval.

Oh what am i saying??? Anything is possible in the Raj of MMS, we can even give Siachin as time for getting his Noble prize for Peace is shortening & he just have roughly another year before next General elections.

I read the letter. I loved the last line "After the elections are over in Gujarat, I shall seek your time personally to discuss this issue with you."

He has already concluded that he is going to win. Anyways, Sir Creek will not be handed over for one very simple basic reason. Lok Sabha elections will come up soon. Any attempt to even remotely give territory will be the death knell for an already weak campaign. Ofcourse, I am not yet going into the merits and demerits of the case. Purely, from an election perspective.

I read the letter. I loved the last line "After the elections are over in Gujarat, I shall seek your time personally to discuss this issue with you."

He has already concluded that he is going to win. Anyways, Sir Creek will not be handed over for one very simple basic reason. Lok Sabha elections will come up soon. Any attempt to even remotely give territory will be the death knell for an already weak campaign. Ofcourse, I am not yet going into the merits and demerits of the case. Purely, from an election perspective.

As they say.........KOI SHAK! :D

Last time i checked, India was planning of erecting Floating fences on Sir Creek, so i don't think it will be handed over to Pakistan besides any Indian land transfer to any other nation needs Parliament approval.

Oh what am i saying??? Anything is possible in the Raj of MMS, we can even give Siachin as time for getting his Noble prize for Peace is shortening & he just have roughly another year before next General elections.

I agree with you, These Noble peace prize loving politicians can do anything to harm India. One was J L Nehru, who gave 2/3 Kashmir to Pakistan in Silver Platter, another is MMS (Spinless politician).

Nehru was so mad on Ballav Bhai Patel that he ordered IASs not to attend Patel's Funeral.. According to Nehru Mr Patel were Anti Muslim...

Back
Top Bottom