What's new

Modi Government's First Decision: Special Investigation Team on Black Money

Very happy with bringing back black money, but i wanna see Gandhi family behind bars
behind-bars.jpg

Will be interesting to see what all this actually brings. It's one thing to investigate and maybe even proof that people have diverted money to foreign countries, but it's a whole different issue to get the money back, since that hardly is possible without credible political pressure on the foreign countries and here the SIT won't have any importance.

Germany for example tried to pressure Switzerland too, but didn't gained much from it. The chance came only, when the government started to buy DVDs with informations on black money accounts and their holders, which then led to the necessary investigations and resulting in criminal charges against some people. Apart from that, the government offered people that made charges against themselfs and provided all documents about their money abroad, a pay back option that spared them from jail, which many Germans now took as an option and which actually brought a good chunk of the money back.

So it's not that simple to get the money back, but it's a good step ahead to put people under pressure not to bring this money abbroad and to make it more difficult to do so.

why to get the money back? If gold is asked of equivalent value, then it is something valuable.

Will be interesting to see what all this actually brings. It's one thing to investigate and maybe even proof that people have diverted money to foreign countries, but it's a whole different issue to get the money back, since that hardly is possible without credible political pressure on the foreign countries and here the SIT won't have any importance.

Germany for example tried to pressure Switzerland too, but didn't gained much from it. The chance came only, when the government started to buy DVDs with informations on black money accounts and their holders, which then led to the necessary investigations and resulting in criminal charges against some people. Apart from that, the government offered people that made charges against themselfs and provided all documents about their money abroad, a pay back option that spared them from jail, which many Germans now took as an option and which actually brought a good chunk of the money back.

So it's not that simple to get the money back, but it's a good step ahead to put people under pressure not to bring this money abbroad and to make it more difficult to do so.
As you've said this is a good start. I think this SIT will have a number of significant effects- stop the flow of such money from leaving now, put those who have conducted such activities in India under pressure, identify them and prosecute them in India and then the hardest step will be to get the money back which would be great but is not assured. If only the first 2 effects occur it will be a massive win. Hopefully though some of that black money does make its way back to India as by all accounts it is a vast sum of money that has been denied to the Indian exchequer.

identify them and prosecute them in India

But even that is hardly possible, without credible infos from the banks or officials of the foreign countries. You can't claim charges against somebody, if you have no infos how much money was diverted and getting these cruicial evidence will be tough as well.

But even that is hardly possible, without credible infos from the banks or officials of the foreign countries. You can't claim charges against somebody, if you have no infos how much money was diverted and getting these cruicial evidence will be tough as well.
Let's see how it goes, I think that with the mandate idi has and with this being a manifesto promise of his that he will be able to exert India's considerable power on the Swiss.

Also interesting to note:

Swiss sign pact to share black money info with India - Hindustan Times

with the mandate idi has and with this being a manifesto promise

Don't put too much hope on that. The manifesto and the election promises are one thing, what you actually can achieve when you are in power is another. In fact they only stated in the manifesto, that they will set up the SIT and start the process of investigations, as well as talking to foreign countries about infos, so showing some action, but with an uncertain outcome.

Don't put too much hope on that. The manifesto and the election promises are one thing, what you actually can achieve when you are in power is another. In fact they only stated in the manifesto, that they will set up the SIT and start the process of investigations, as well as talking to foreign countries about infos, so showing some action, but with an uncertain outcome.
Agreed. I am well aware of the difference between elections and reality but I do think that if ever there was going to be a person to do it it would be Modi especially with the mandate he has.

Atleast they raised hope and if govt have will power they can do it.As you are talking about swiss banks stand on this well They Molded their law for USA& UK why not india we must be hard on raising this issue with them I'm sure they will easy their tone.:):)

Atleast they raised hope and if govt have will power they can do it.As you are talking about swiss banks stand on this well They Molded their law for USA& UK why not india we must be hard on raising this issue with them I'm sure they will easy their tone.:):)

Because India has not the political influence the US, or even Germany has, so only because we try it now too, doesn't meant they change things for us as well and you call it raising hope, I call it blinding the voter with promises during elections.

Btw, check this:

SIT on Black Money May Not Help: Rudolf Elmer Video: NDTV.com

Because India has not the political influence the US, or even Germany has, so only because we try it now too, doesn't meant they change things for us as well and you call it raising hope, I call it blinding the voter with promises during elections.
Btw, check this:
No its not that india have Enough political Influence to do So sorry to say that Its about will Power.And about Ndtv report We all Know about there Dubious nature and there Favor for there Masters "Congress".India have Enough political influence Its Congress who made Us Undermine in our own Capabilities. Modi Will go to the End with This Case Maybe It will have some consequences to us Diplomatically with Swiss Govt

Good step.... But the real test of this team would be when they zero in towards one of the BJP leaders........ There are corporation in every party, and if someone believe that the only party corrupt is congress then he is naive....

or don't catch anyone but bring all money.. Monetary loss will give heart attack to those corrupts.. :P

Good step.... But the real test of this team would be when they zero in towards one of the BJP leaders........ There are corporation in every party, and if someone believe that the only party corrupt is congress then he is naive....
lets hope that this team does its job well,,,,,,,although i feel its hoping against hope..

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom