What's new

Modi effect: Now Nomura backs BJP after Goldman, CLSA

Truth Finder

Reaction score
Country
India
narendra-modi_295x200_41385060961.jpg

Mumbai
: Yet another foreign brokerage has said that it expects Narendra Modi-led BJP to come to power after the Lok Sabha elections.

"Nomura expects a BJP-led coalition to form the next government at the Centre after the 2014 elections," Alastair Newton, political analyst at the Japanese brokerage, said in a note dated November 26.

However, Mr Newton tempered his political forecast saying "a stable government, regardless of whether it is led by the BJP or the Congress, should support a gradual business cycle recovery".

"Once political stability has been established, we believe past investment projects cleared by the Cabinet Committee of Investment could be implemented," Nomura India chief economist Sonal Verma said.

Ms Verma said political stability and policy credibility are paramount to corporates making long-term investment decisions. This will help the economy witness a gradual recovery after the third quarter of 2014, she said.

Ms Verma also said a Third Front government or a fractured mandate in the hustings will further slow the reform momentum and lower potential growth.

Recently, Wall Street giant Goldman Sachs had raised its investment stance on India to 'marketweight'.

Goldman had said that the recent market rally was driven by the 'Modi effect' and had raised Nifty target to 6900 for 2014-end.

The Goldman statement attracted scathing criticism from a number of senior Union ministers who asked them to stick to what they are good and keep off from meddling in the political matters of the country.

Christopher Wood of the Hong Kong-based brokerage CLSA too has repeatedly batted for Mr Modi in his column 'Greed and Fear'.

"There is no doubt that what could be termed a Modi momentum is building in India... It is also clear that perceptions of Narendra Modi's prospects for the general election are rising by the day," Mr Wood had written in his column recently.

Modi effect: Now Nomura backs BJP after Goldman, CLSA - NDTVProfit.com

And in the mind of the diseased BJP supporters this means Nomura thinks Indian economy is looking up, will become superpower etc. ALl that it means is that there might be a government change.

Nomura , Godlman and CLSA's opinion does not matter more than penny under horse manure if Indian public by and large are not out there in elections to support him .

Hint: Most of Indians does not live in Cyberspace .

Nomura , Godlman and CLSA's opinion does not matter more than penny under horse manure if Indian public by and large are not out there in elections to support him .

Hint: Most of Indians does not live in Cyberspace .

Some Indians do live in cyberspace and Most Indians do read newspaper. News like this is enough make them understand who is good and who is ugly !

And in the mind of the diseased BJP supporters this means Nomura thinks Indian economy is looking up, will become superpower etc. ALl that it means is that there might be a government change.

Nobody said India will be a superpower if Modi comes to power. Ever wondered why these foreign brokerage firms have nothing say about supposedly 'young and dynamic' Rahul Gandhi ?

Some Indians do live in cyberspace and Most Indians do read newspaper. News like this is enough make them understand who is good and who is ugly !

Most Indians . That's exaggeration by a fair margin when only 3 out of 4 indians can "read" . That "reading" is also contextual . I am not even sure if 1 out of 10 Indians would have heard about "Nomura" or goldman or CLSA.

Actually it means that more stable government will form with better administrative, industry friendly and less bureaucratic and red tapism govt. like they saw in Gujarat.

They are basing there ratings on what they view in Gujarat. But India is not Gujarat.

Overnight changes will not happen. Anyways, its a win win situation. If BJP comes in power, foreign investors will invest heavily in initial years. If BJP doesn't come, other party has to do a lot meet these projected growth rates.

Most Indians . That's exaggeration by a fair margin when only 3 out of 4 indians can "read" . That "reading" is also contextual . I am not even sure if 1 out of 10 Indians would have heard about "Nomura" or goldman or CLSA.

Foreign agencies praising a Indian Leader is rarity. THose undecided urban educated voters may tilt towards Modi after such reports. And yes they will know who is Nomura and GS after reading the report.

Nobody said India will be a superpower if Modi comes to power. Ever wondered why these foreign brokerage firms have nothing say about supposedly 'young and dynamic' Rahul Gandhi ?

It is IRRELEVANT what they think about RG, hell it would be stupid for them to even make statements about him. Their objective is to make money, their priority is to see whether there will be stable decision making. That's it. If you're under the impression that investment banks are waiting for Modi Messiah like fanboys here, that is not the case.

Actually it means that more stable government will form with better administrative, industry friendly and less bureaucratic and red tapism govt. like they saw in Gujarat.

They are basing there ratings on what they view in Gujarat. But India is not Gujarat.

Overnight changes will not happen. Anyways, its a win win situation. If BJP comes in power, foreign investors will invest heavily in initial years. If BJP doesn't come, other party has to do a lot meet these projected growth rates.

They didn't say any of these things- that's all mirch masala you are adding. You think the world of a trillion dollar investment bank revolves around Gujarat?

Foreign agencies praising a Indian Leader is rarity. THose undecided urban educated voters may tilt towards Modi after such reports. And yes they will know who is Nomura and GS after reading the report.

Foreign 'agencies' with money invested in a market will inevitably have an outlook. If you want to read more into it, that's your doing.

They didn't say any of these things- that's all mirch masala you are adding. You think the world of a trillion dollar investment bank revolves around Gujarat?
I am not adding mirch masala. I said people expect stable government under Modi. It can happen under Congress too but chances right now is under Modi as many experts have suggested. Reason for that can be inferred by common sense. But still they stressed more on the stable government, whether Congress or BJP.

This is what Goldman Sachs said,

The November 5 report of the Goldman Sachs said, "BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) could prevail in the next Parliamentary elections that are due by May 2014. Equity investors tend to view the BJP as business-friendly, and the BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as an agent of change."

Goldman Sachs predicts Narendra Modi’s victory in 2014; Govt says ‘report objectionable’

I am not adding mirch masala. I said people expect stable government under Modi. It can happen under Congress too but chances right now is under Modi as many experts have suggested. Reason for that can be inferred by common sense. But still they stressed more on the stable government, whether Congress or BJP.

This is what Goldman Sachs said,

The November 5 report of the Goldman Sachs said, "BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) could prevail in the next Parliamentary elections that are due by May 2014. Equity investors tend to view the BJP as business-friendly, and the BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as an agent of change."

Goldman Sachs predicts Narendra Modi’s victory in 2014; Govt says ‘report objectionable’

Yeah..this is why there is a reading comprehension section in CAT. It is stating that other third parties consider BJP as investor friendly, under no means does it say that the BANK'S POSITION is what has been quoted. And it has put in multiple dislaimer. There will be other disclaimers in the report (this is not bank's position etc.)

Yeah..this is why there is a reading comprehension section in CAT. It is stating that other third parties consider BJP as investor friendly, under no means does it say that the BANK'S POSITION is what has been quoted. And it has put in multiple dislaimer. There will be other disclaimers in the report (this is not bank's position etc.)
Well can't control your comprehension. You keep your version, I keep mine.

I do find it strange that a foreign profit making institution makes "sort of" vote recommendation. My question would be: are they considering about the wellbeing of the respective country or rather their bank account?

I do find it strange that a foreign profit making institution makes "sort of" vote recommendation. My question would be: are they considering about the wellbeing of the respective country or rather their bank account?

They are not making any recommendation. They are just saying what is already evident. Is all clear who is good and who is bad for the economy.

Back
Top Bottom