What's new

MMRCA Misgivings Unfounded (a must read)

Its not a fact news was utter bs and was come up in 2011. But sorted out in 2013 when IAI put El/m 2052 in aero india for export . For Tejas mk2

Ya right,,,,first let tejas mk1 fly after foc,then come here for mk2.
As of yet we have placed no orders for el/m 2052 but have already placed orders for ge-414 for mk2,,,,what does that tell u??

Ya right,,,,first let tejas mk1 fly after foc,then come here for mk2.
As of yet we have placed no orders for el/m 2052 but have already placed orders for ge-414 for mk2,,,,what does that tell u??
Because Drdo are going for Indegeneos aesa heard about LRDE Aesa??? Just like kaveri we all know if they fail what will be a second option for LCA mk2:D:D:D

It has been a long time since DRDO chief or any of its officials are not announcing some new project or anything? Is it the result of the new Govt.? Govt. may have asked it not to put their foot in the mouth and announce things when they happen.

Because Drdo are going for Indegeneos aesa heard about LRDE Aesa??? Just like kaveri we all know if they fail what will be a second option for LCA mk2:D:D:D

They have already failed in case of aesa for mk2 in case u didn't know:lol:

They have already failed in case of aesa for mk2 in case u didn't know:lol:
Again bs the project is still on paper dude main work is not started yet how is it gonna fail.Stop being negative and all. LRDE is a reputed for its products stop fooling around people. @he-man I know your hatred for PSu and all but first you have see project created by LRDE.

Again bs the project is still on paper dude main work is not started yet how is it gonna fail.Stop being negative and all. LRDE is a reputed for its products stop fooling around people. @he-man I know your hatred for PSu and all but first you have see project created by LRDE.

Please show me the progress being made in air borne fighter radars,,,i will shut up if there is any progress

Please show me the progress being made in air borne fighter radars,,,i will shut up if there is any progress
Even if i show You progress you will Be Still Find Something Odd In it. My Answer to you Simple "India is Third World Poor Country" Now Deal with It

it will come at the end of 2018 at best and by that time both china and pakistan wil be having a large number of 4++ gen AESA equipped fighters

Erm, at best China could have 50 to 80 J-10B and a similar number (upto ~100) of J-11B (with AESA) by 2018. But
China has got Japan, Taiwan, Philippines and possible US intervention to worry about (all of those countries, except Philippines, already have AESA-equipped fighters in large numbers). So China will need J-10B/11B to counter those aircraft first (adding to the fact war with India is less likely than with one of China's eastern neighbours).

Pakistan isn't getting any 4++ gen fighter with AESA radar by 2018.

As far as i know,,,its a fact

Israel bars AESA radar export to India - 1/11/2011 - Flight Global

For all the tejas fanboys here:coffee:

It is entirely possible the US-imposed restrictions have been relaxed in these 3 years. Otherwise why will the article
specifically mention the -2052.

Dr Saheb i agree with all your points but the thing that is not discussed is timing here

FGFA will come to IAF at the end of this decade and even if the rafale deal is signed as it is even then it will come at the end of 2018 at best and by that time both china and pakistan wil be having a large number of 4++ gen AESA equipped fighters
+ even if rafale deal is signed there is a whole lot of issues regarding setting up a toatlli new training , maintainence & support infra for rafale and aslo a new fighting doctrine while we save at least two years and amlost 10 billiondolars if we go for additional AESA equipped flankers (super sukois or su 35s)

Thanks

decline of squadron strength is the real cause of concern that is plaguing IAF
1st batch of rafale would start coming one by one from 2016 end or begining of 2017 not 2018
thats why IAF has undertaken modernisation of all existing fighters Su 30mki / mig 29 / mirage 2000 to keep up
with the squadron numbers.
Su 30 mki forms the bulk of IAF at the moment .

One must realize we cant compete with china in numbers game they would be fielding more plane for sure.We are
not there only enemies but they have others also.

But one thing we must realize that we must field a technologically superior platform to compensate the number;s
a single Rafale's capabilty is equivalent to 3 mirage 2000
i quote
By increasing the capabilities of its fourteen hard points, including eight under the wings, the RAFALE is the only fighter aircraft in the world capable of carrying 1.5 times its own weight.Two RAFALE aircraft represent the same potential as six MIRAGE 2000 class aircraft.
The RAFALE further improves its versatility - Dassault Aviation

plus India want to diversify it's resources we cant be dependent on one single vendor for everything .

so tell me what does rafale gives what latest gen of super flankers dont offer

Thanks

1) Incredible payload capability
2) Enhanced sensor fusion & passive detection & targeting capabilty
3) incredible Avionics & Electronic & warfare suite (SPECTRA)
4) Awesome Meteor + Mica IR combination Bvraams
5)Increased survivabilty in terms of RCS reduction /IR emission reduction
6) highly manuevurable & supercruise capable plane

Last but not the least
ACTIVE CANCELLATION TECHNOLOGY of rafale would enable it to fight future threats

i quote
Since the late 1990s, Spectra’s designers have dropped hints that the system can perform “active cancellation”—receiving a radar signal and mimicking the aircraft’s echo exactly one-half wavelength out of phase so the radar sees nothing. Carrara again implies that such a capability is in use: “There are other strategies, such as generating signals that will encompass or be higher than the echo from the aircraft, so that the radar threat will receive a signal that will mask the echo from the aircraft,” Carrara says. “Instead of creating a false echo and drawing the radar to the wrong place, the idea is to produce a signal that will mask the echo of the aircraft, so the radar will be unable to detect the aircraft Spectra is protecting.”
New Avionics For Gripen, Typhoon And Rafale | Defense content from Aviation Week

Yes you should thank IAF for choosing this superb plane

CHEERS

Legitimate questions are, well...legitimate questions. Cost and affordability is definitely a valid point. It is true that other countries have found the Rafale too expensive & made other choices. The dismissing of those choices by simple talking about nuclear armed adversaries is hardly logical. The rafale is not about to be primarily used to lobby nukes. There is much muck flying around, I'm sure it flies both ways. Just as there are those who are using the cost & other reasons to derail this deal, others are lobbying equally for the deal to be simply accepted, no questions asked. It cannot be anyone's argument that there never should be any questions asked. Playing the devil's advocate is a very important part of reaching any decisions on large deals like this. Trying to browbeat any opposition by questioning motives is the oldest trick in the book. The GoI is not about to be pushed around by newspaper columns or the opinion of "experts". If Bharat Karnad or anyone else has any known pecuniary advantage in derailing this deal, let that be a direct allegation along made public. If not provable. let us just treat it as an alternative opinion whether it merits consideration or not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom