What's new

MMRCA may be scrapped by year end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indian Fox hound

$16 billion for the Plane ALONE (this is the advanced AESA eqiupped RAFALE F3 )

$ 2 billion for TOT

$1 BILLION for plant set up at HAL

$6-7 BILLION for the weapons (meteore BVR missle are $1 million each IAF will order 1200 meteores over 10 years)

FOR THOSE SUGGESSTING THIS DEAL IS TOO BIG TO BE CANCELLED let me explain this

THE POINT THAT MANY OF YOU GUYS ARE MISSING IS THIS.

The deal has to works for both parties ie for dassult they have to make it profitable, and to retain some control in the TOT so has not to pass everything to HAL and there by give birth to a new RIVAL .

For INDIA it has to be affordable and on TIME to be meaningful and useful both in TECHNOLOGY gained and combat system inducted.

AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME both parties are not budging

There is an election soon in india and MANY oppsition parties want this DEAL scrapped sugesting foul play in the VENDOR SELECTION prehaps even bribes.

Budget cuts have already effected SEVERAL DEFENSE DEALS far smaller than MMRCA.

For Pakistan despite REHOTRIC from some PAK members THIS WIL A great relief BECAUSE no doubt RAFALE F3 will have been a AWESOME addition to an already formidable opponent.

1. Full ToT was an Indian requirement and Dassault fully agreed to it when it participated in the bidding. If there were any concerns, Dassault shouldn't have bid in the first place.

2. The only pressure/bribes I can see are from the Russians. The Rafale is a better aircraft for Multi-Role than the other bidders. There was no competition with the Rafale.

3. The rhetoric doesn't matter. By the time the induction process is complete, PAF will have had its own modernization programme nearing completion. The JF-17s and the J-10Bs will have started to join the PAF in large enough numbers.

no offence but JF17s dont belong in the same sentence/catagory as a RAFALE

EVEN J10/FC20 will a decade behind in technology

There is nothing in china that comes close to spectra ew suites& french have a fully capable AESA RADAR IN rbe2 and the crystal blade engine technology is years ahead of RUSSIA who itself is helping CHINA fly their combat fleets with russian engines.

THE GAP is huge in most areas between FRANCE EUROPE & USA versis CHINA at the moment

I think the deal might go to some Arab country. Allahu Alam.

^^^^^^

Care to elaborate how does it benefits PAF in any way, I don't recall PAF showing any concern on the MMRCA.
PAF has it's own plans and doctrine hence either way it's ready to meet the challenge. !!

Sir Rafaels alone could cripple paf! Lets face the reality here... Even j21 does not pack advance warfare capabilities as Rafael would do. The only advantage j21 may have over Rafael is stealth. Unless chines gets its hands on su35 technology and j20 is a no no for paf

^^^^^^

Care to elaborate how does it benefits PAF in any way, I don't recall PAF showing any concern on the MMRCA.
PAF has it's own plans and doctrine hence either way it's ready to meet the challenge. !!

I agree, India should stop placing itself into every Pakistani speech, thoughts and dreams.

@Storm Force

Stop trolling man, the negotiations r still on with Dassault n even if something goes wrong then the deal will go to Typhoon.

So just relax guys give the poor MoD some time....:)

nope, the whole process would start from square 1.

I AM TELLING YOU NOW IAF will scrap this deal. AND MORE IMPORTANTLY both TYHOON & USA TEEN SERIES will not be invited BACK.

THE WHOLE MMRCA is to be crapped

IAF will rely on SU30MKI until FGFA come in 2020

looks russians wil remain IAF PREMIERE air defense partner AFTER ALL

WAT A TAMASHA

FOR THOSE INDIANS or indeed posters LET ME MAKE IT PLAIN

INDIAN MOD CANNOT afford the estimated $25 billion that is required to make this happen & THE MOD/IAF are worried about timecales taking too long APPRENTLY IT WILL TAKE HAL/RELIANCE 54 MONTHS IE 4.5 years to start license production.

far too long and too CLOSE FGFA time lines

India should still buy like a few squadrons to tie things over.

Last edited by a moderator:
FOR THOSE SUGGESSTING THIS DEAL IS TOO BIG TO BE CANCELLED let me explain this

THE POINT THAT MANY OF YOU GUYS ARE MISSING IS THIS.

The deal has to works for both parties ie for dassult they have to make it profitable, and to retain some control in the TOT so has not to pass everything to HAL and there by give birth to a new RIVAL .

For INDIA it has to be affordable and on TIME to be meaningful and useful both in TECHNOLOGY gained and combat system inducted.

AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME both parties are not budging

There is an election soon in india and MANY oppsition parties want this DEAL scrapped sugesting foul play in the VENDOR SELECTION prehaps even bribes.

Budget cuts have already effected SEVERAL DEFENSE DEALS far smaller than MMRCA.

For Pakistan despite REHOTRIC from some PAK members THIS WIL A great relief BECAUSE no doubt RAFALE F3 will have been a AWESOME addition to an already formidable opponent.

This deal better get signed in 2013. If not then its very likely that it won't get signed atall. All I can say is that Dassault being a dick. And that is inspite of them not having any other customer now or foreseeable future. Looks like they will be happy to see the prodcution lines closed rather sell it to India. Wow.

The sad part of the story is, now PAF will cancel FC-20 project also ! :(

My good friend there was no deal signed on J-10B/FC-20 in the first place, PAF was excited and it was an option to be considered but now PAF has fully committed itself to JF-17 development.

It would cost more to buy a single FC-20 then adding a WS Engine, extending the fuselage along with using other % composites to JFT any future Blocks development if there are any plans to extend fuselage further in Blocks.

It Makes sense for future PAF shouldn't be spending 40m but the max out figure say 20m on a current platform to further develop it after all look at israelis they know how to upgrade old Kfirs/Mirages even they restored crashed F-16 without outside help.

I agree, India should stop placing itself into every Pakistani speech, thoughts and dreams.

nope, the whole process would start from square 1.

India should still buy like a few squadrons to tie things over.

No in that case the deal will go to the L2 bidder.

Delusional pakistani's ......

j10 can never be exported as it uses al31fn engine of russia. Mig 29/su 30 will face competition due to low price. :omghaha:

Trung Qu

no offence but JF17s dont belong in the same sentence/catagory as a RAFALE

EVEN J10/FC20 will a decade behind in technology

There is nothing in china that comes close to spectra ew suites& french have a fully capable AESA RADAR IN rbe2 and the crystal blade engine technology is years ahead of RUSSIA who itself is helping CHINA fly their combat fleets with russian engines.

THE GAP is huge in most areas between FRANCE EUROPE & USA versis CHINA at the moment

Aray bhai who is comparing the Thunder to Rafale??? I was talking about PAF's air defense requirements which does not have to match IAF.

My point about the induction of JF-17s and J-10Bs was a response to your own statement:

It is not as if the IAF will never procure another aircraft if the Rafale deal doesn't get through. We know this and therefore there is no rhetoric at all, as you claimed. PAF has its own requirement while IAF has its own.

Can't B-E-L-I-E-V-E!!!!!

5 page thread based on mere SPECULATIONS.

People have lot of time on their hands these days......:rolleyes:

Can't B-E-L-I-E-V-E!!!!!

5 page thread based on mere SPECULATIONS.

People have lot of time on their hands these days......:rolleyes:

Please don't post and let the thread die it's own death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom