Dubious

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
By Our Correspondent
Published: April 16, 2016

1085657-___n-1460768177-815-640x480.jpg

Prof Agnieszka Kuszewska speaking at Punjab University’s (PU) Pakistan Study Centre during a lecture. PHOTO: fb.com/PU

LAHORE:
Pakistan’s image in the world has been quite negative. The country is perceived as a terrorist state in the Europe owing to negative media reports,” Prof Agnieszka Kuszewska, an expert on South Asia from the University of Social Sciences, Poland, said on Friday.

She was speaking at Punjab University’s (PU) Pakistan Study Centre during a lecture, titled Perception of Pakistan in Europe in the Context of Contemporary Political and Security Challenges. Kuszewska said problems faced by Europe due to influx of refugees had resulted in right-wing extremism in the region. This posed a great threat to global security, she said. She said the media and policymakers could play an important role in dealing with such challenges. She said that image and perception played an important role in international relations. She said, “Unfortunately, Pakistan’s image has been quite negative due to several factors.” She said more efforts should be made for promoting cultural diplomacy. “This can help improve the situation,” she said. She said Sufi music had been popular in Europe and that it could help promote Pakistan’s soft image. Pakistan Study Centre Director Massarrat Abid said that Pakistan-Europe relations were of great significance. She said, “Both sides have been cooperating in counterterrorism, trade, energy and democracy.”

Published in The Express Tribune, April 16th, 2016.
http://tribune.com.pk/story/1085657/misconception-pakistan-perceived-in-europe-as-terrorist-state/

Yea and some people still wonder why NS's money being abroad in shell companies is bad for the country's image?!

Who cares, the time of west is over its the time of east now.East is the future for next two centuries.

Europe demographics will change by Southasians mostly by Pakistanis and indians

We have our own West Europe company in progress now :nhl_checking:

Thanx to White folk choosing not to have kids and more going towards the same gender for their pleasure

Why doesn't people question this whole notion of post 9/11 hysteria abt terrorism? What makes an entire country of 180 million terrorist? This whole notion is ludicrous and can only be entertained in an intellectually colonised mind with no independent thinking capacity.

You mean the family which is single handidly responsible for the mass murder of Bangalis in Bangal famine and used millions of Indians men as "First wave" of attacks in its world wars to protect white british soldiers? - You people lack any sense of honor.

Perception of world opinion will start to change if people like these visit pakistan

The presence of Osama bin-Laden right next to Pakistan's military academy for so long is what really hurt Pakistan's image in the US, more than anything. Americans are convinced that Pakistan, or at least the ISI, knew he was there and did and said nothing. I don't think that is true, but you won't convince the American people it is not.

Pakistan needs a better press and better lobbying in the US to change opinions. The Indian lobby for example, runs rings around Pakistan with our Congress.

You mean the family which is single handidly responsible for the mass murder of Bangalis in Bangal famine and used millions of Indians men as "First wave" of attacks in its world wars to protect white british soldiers? - You people lack any sense of honor.
Do you mean Winston Churchill ? The royal family is just a figurehead, it's their deep state that you need to worry about .

The presence of Osama bin-Laden right next to Pakistan's military academy for so long is what really hurt Pakistan's image in the US, more than anything. Americans are convinced that Pakistan, or at least the ISI, knew he was there and did and said nothing. I don't think that is true, but you won't convince the American people it is not.

Pakistan needs a better press and better lobbying in the US to change opinions. The Indian lobby for example, runs rings around Pakistan with our Congress.

I thought you were our man in Washington ! :o:

Or Maybe ISI can declassify what REALLY happened, won't that look nice knowing that the leader of the free world lied to the entire world on live TV?

Or Maybe ISI can declassify what REALLY happened, won't that look nice knowing that the leader of the free world lied to the entire world on live TV?

I think what really happened has been pretty thoroughly documented.

I'm guessing you believe in some alternate history or conspiracy theory about it?

"Perception is 90% of reality" - Clive Walters Sr.

Every thing about Osama bin laden will be decassified by leaks, we just have to wait for the day Americas ditch us

Both OBL and Americans helicopters are still not stealthy and good enough that they will reach the heart of Pakistan army and no one will notice

I think we both know "that version" was scripted for public consumption only. You have spent time in uniform, you'd be smart enough to know how things look like are not how they are made to happen.

I think what really happened has been pretty thoroughly documented.

I'm guessing you believe in some alternate history or conspiracy theory about it?

Back
Top Bottom