What's new

Minister’s husband finds job in dept under her own ministry

Patriots

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: As the mega auction of US$2.5 billion 3G and 4G spectrum is just a few weeks away, the Ministry of Information Technology & Telecom has finally confirmed the appointment of Shabbir Ahmad Khan, the husband of its Minister of State Anusha Rehman, as a member of the Board of Directors of a leading cellular company which is jointly owned by the government and a private group.

He has also made an international trip after his appointment.Anusha Rehman, when called, realised that the call was from ‘The News’ and opted not to discuss the matter and promised to call back. This correspondent continued calling her and sending messages but she was not ready to respond even through text.

But Akhlaq Ahmad Tarar, Federal Secretary for IT & Telecom, who has recommended Shabbir, said that Shabbir Ahmad Khan is a top professional in his own right and his appointment as a BoD member by the federal government couldn’t be linked to his relation with the minister.

Akhlaq Tarar said that Shabbir has sacrificed a lucrative career in Europe and opted to come to Pakistan. Tarar said Shabbir has great experience in defence organisations in Europe and had also served in ABN Amro. “Shabbir spent his whole life out of Pakistan and has now started his own business here before he was appointed as member of the cabinet committee for restructuring and later as member of BoD,” the federal secretary said. He said Shabbir was not ready to join as a BoD member but was persuaded by the government to accept the appointment. He said the appointment of Shabbir has nothing to do with the forthcoming auction of 3G and 4G.

Minister’s husband finds job in dept under her own ministry - thenews.com.pk

corruption, corruption every where, new pakistan, bright pakistan etc etc

what's the big deal? I was working 8 hours every 5 days a week before marriage, now I work 24 x 7 hours a week. I work under home ministry, my wife is the home minister.

If he has the credentials and is a worthy candidate, will he still be automatically excluded from the appointment ?

what's the big deal? I was working 8 hours every 5 days a week before marriage, now I work 24 x 7 hours a week. I am in home ministry, my wife is the home minister.

Do you do your wife's work for her ? :D

If he has the credentials and is a worthy candidate, will he still be automatically excluded from the appointment ?

I bet my best shirt that you are not married as yet. Based on the silly question you asked.

I bet my best shirt that you are not married as yet. Based on the silly question you asked.

I am. My wife is more qualified than I am on a graduate level. I suggested and she accepted that she becomes a home executive after she started demanding that I do some of her research for her. It was either I do the research or no breyani for that week. My choice therefore became limited

I am. My wife is more qualified than I am on a graduate level. I suggested and she accepted that she becomes a home executive after she started demanding that I do some of her research for her. It was either I do the research or no breyani for that week. My choice therefore became limited

u must be joru ka gulam

Now that's what I call corruption, and you dare tell this to Khujliwal. I demand you reveal your identity and then I will take action against you. Don't be mislead by the fact that I didn't take action against Sheila, 'twas due to her age I let go of her. Sheila ain't jawan no more dude.

There is no such thing as my wife's work, all work is mine. Ok, she does the shopping if that qualifies as work.

Back
Top Bottom