What's new

Military's role in the identity of Pakistan

You think pakistani pakhtuns would be o.k with your hateful stuff against pakhtuns?. Lets see how @ghilzai think about your flowery words.
You claimed pashtuns are your friends, yet you went full racist against them .

You make the most racist comments to provoke a response and then when you get one you cry to Pakistani Pashtuns. Just go back to Kabul already.

Let's Talk to India but with Guns on the Table

Author interviews four army bigwigs, three ISI officials for ‘Democracy: Military Politics in Pakistan’, writes ‘Pakistan army wants dialogue with India with all options open’

According to a recently published book, a major section of Pakistan’s army wants to give dialogue with India a chance, however also wants to retain all other options including sub-conventional warfare.

“As one major general put it, ‘We should give talking to India a chance, but retain all options, including sub-conventional warfare, to deal with India’,” said Aqil Shah, author of the latest book Democracy: Military Politics in Pakistan.

According to Harvard University, which has published the book released in the US over the weekend, the book is the first comprehensive and historical study of the behaviour of Pakistan’s military relative to India. Shah, however, does not identify the major general who he interviewed.

In his book, Shah, a lecturer in the Department of Politics at Princeton University, notes that the change in the stance of Pakistan Army favouring dialogue with India is a tactical stance so as to gain time and space to put its house in order.

“Giving the multiplicity of perceived threats, Pakistan and its material weakness, many officers reluctantly admit that Islamabad’s traditional Indian policy –unconditional support of the Kashmiri right of self-determination in line with the UN resolutions – may not be yielding the desired dividend and needs to be carefully re-evaluated,” he wrote.

“Hence some advocate giving dialogue a chance and approaching all issues with an open mind. Several officers see dialogue with India as an opportunity to engage in the management of regional conflicts to enhance Pakistani security without compromising the basic stance on Kashmir,” wrote Shah, who among others interviewed four service chiefs and three heads of the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) for the book.

“Despite disagreement on the best way to proceed, there is a consensus that protecting the national interest on Kashmir will require negotiating from a position of strength that can be achieved only by putting Pakistan’s internal house in order,” the author said.

According to the book, another senior Pakistani army officer said the military’s capability to take “proxy wars to enemy territory and a likely fillip to already activated fissiparous tendencies, nuclear deterrence and strong diplomatic efforts are needed to secure” Pakistan.

The book said that the dangerous presence of both lethal terrorist groups and atomic weapons on Pakistani territory has raised the catastrophic possibility that Pakistan could become the world’s first failed nuclear armed-state, but the military continues to believe that the short-term costs of these policies are lower than their long-term benefits in achieving Pakistan’s security against India.

Referring to the recent moves by the Nawaz Sharif government to improve relations with India, Shah notes that if the past is any guide, it seems unlikely that the government can succeed in actually brokering a meaningful peace with India without the blessing of the military.

See above new book on role of army in Pakistan by Aqil Shah, a professor at Princeton University.
Excerpt from Pakistan Today.
Controversial viewpoint. Can army people please comment.

Again wrong in so many levels. Rajput or raja is just a title, anyone can become raja now days. Look at dogras, i see so many mongloid people in them. Rajputs, rajas are titles given by Brahmins. Jats were not under hindu caste system. As far as potohoris being fairer then central punjabi, thats another lie without any basis.

Kiani Potohar

AshfaqKiani.jpg

Current one from central punjab, Gujrat

641324-RaheelSharif-1386187882-639-640x480.jpg

Waseem Akram from central punjab while Shoaib Akhtar potohar. Believe me there are many examples, must of actors, models from punjab come from central punjab...

The funny thing is that general Raheel is a Potohari. Kharian and Bhimber are ethnically, geographically and culturally part of Potohar. There's a lot of rivalry between the politicians in Jhelum and Gujrat over the question of Kharian and Serai Alamgir being a part of Jhelum. General Raheel is a Chibh rajput and his tribe is found in high numbers in Mirpur and Jhelum along with Kharian and Bhimber. They intermarry with Gakkhars and Janjuas and are also adressed as Raja. My own tribe, "Sohlar" is closely related to the Chibhs through intermarriage. General Raheel's maternal uncle was none other than "major Raja Aziz Bhatti".

Now I know some people from Potohari areas who can even pass in Kalash valley, but I won't use their photos owing to privacy.

Some Potoharis:

Raja Zafar ul Haq
images

Nawabzada Iqbal Mehdi Janjua
63.jpg

Prince Malik Atta Muhammad Khan
2426991876_4df2c09f59_z.jpg

Some ordinary Gakhars (image taken from Gakhar Youth Connection, a public page from FB)
426850_297162560351834_597883367_n.jpg

Now some central Punjabis:

Edit: The Pakistanis in Greece might be kammi/chuhras, so I would use another video. I hope this is the real representation of central punjabis:

Also, I;m really sick of arguing about skin colour. Ask any neutral traveler if he doesn't notice a visible change between the people of, say, Jhelum and Gujrat.

Last edited:
You think pakistani pakhtuns would be o.k with your hateful stuff against pakhtuns?. Lets see how @ghilzai think about your flowery words.
You claimed pashtuns are your friends, yet you went full racist against them .

My brother's best friend is a Pakistani Pakhtun and he's the most humble and respectful person I have seen. Totally opposite of Afganduistanis. Hell, I even got called a "daal khor" by a tandoor boy when I was a little kid. Anyway, as I said, my post wasn't meant to offend my fellow Pakistanis.

My brother's best friend is a Pakistani Pakhtun and he's the most humble and respectful person I have seen. Totally opposite of Afganduistanis. Hell, I even got called a "daal khor" by a tandoor boy when I was a little kid. Anyway, as I said, my post wasn't meant to offend my fellow Pakistanis.

What's wrong with eating daal? It's healthy. Tell Afghani to eat daal to improve his health

What's wrong with eating daal? It's healthy. Tell Afghani to eat daal to improve his health

It's a racial slur for all the speakers of indic languages in Afghanistan. They feel they are superior for they are meat eaters.

The funny thing is that general Raheel is a Potohari. Kharian and Bhimber are ethnically, geographically and culturally part of Potohar. There's a lot of rivalry between the politicians in Jhelum and Gujrat over the question of Kharian and Serai Alamgir being a part of Jhelum. General Raheel is a Chibh rajput and his tribe is found in high numbers in Mirpur and Jhelum along with Kharian and Bhimber. They intermarry with Gakkhars and Janjuas and are also adressed as Raja. My own tribe, "Sohlar" is closely related to the Chibhs through intermarriage. General Raheel's maternal uncle was none other than "major Raja Aziz Bhatti".

Now I know some people from Potohari areas who can even pass in Kalash valley, but I won't use their photos owing to privacy.

Some Potoharis:

Raja Zafar ul Haq
images

Nawabzada Iqbal Mehdi Janjua
63.jpg

Prince Malik Atta Muhammad Khan
2426991876_4df2c09f59_z.jpg

Some ordinary Gakhars (image taken from Gakhar Youth Connection, a public page from FB)
426850_297162560351834_597883367_n.jpg

Now some central Punjabis:

Edit: The Pakistanis in Greece might be kammi/chuhras, so I would use another video. I hope this is the real representation of central punjabis:

Also, I;m really sick of arguing about skin colour. Ask any neutral traveler if he doesn't notice a visible change between the people of, say, Jhelum and Gujrat.

The pictures you posted of Potoharis personalities have standard skin tone, not ''fair''. Wasim Akram have ''fair'' skin tone, Shahid Afridi, Tahir Ul qadri, Shaan, Momamer Rana, Lahori actors i posted before etc Kharian is not potojar but standard punjabi speakers, Rajas here dont call themselves potoharis. They may marry someone from Potohar region, thats different matter.

You posted Jhelum Janjua MNA, here is Gujranwala MNA Cheema from this list. Honestly its pretty clear at this point? Just check MNA from areas of Central Punjab and can you honestly say potoharis are fairer?

http://www.na.gov.pk/en/all_members . php

101.jpg

Interesting list, even South Punjabis dont seem to be that dark skinned compared to other punjabis.

Back
Top Bottom