What's new

MILDAR (Milimeter Wave Radar)

AKINCI

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
resimgoster.asp

Within the MILDAR project, which is the first one of its kinds in Turkey, key radar technologies such as target acquisition-tracking-classification, Pulse-Doppler operation, SAR, ISAR and terrain profiling are being developed in Ka band as a bundled radar system. The radar is going to be used for successfully carry out the mission goals of attack and tactical reconnaissance helicopters.

•Ka band millimeter wave radar
•8 km range, precise azimuth and range resolution
•Multifunctional system:
◦Pulse Doppler Mode
◦Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Mode
◦Inverse Synthetic Aperture Radar (ISAR) Mode
◦Terrain Profiling Mode
•Detection of stationary and moving land& air targets
•Target classification
•Target tracking and weapon engagement
•SAR/ISAR image generation
•Terrain profiling
Radar Subsystems

The experience gained from developing a millimeter wave radar prototype is chanelled into R&D efforts for other spin-off products. METEKSAN Defence has put together the experience and has built the engineering infrastructure for the design, production and test of a radar system and its major components.

Capabilities such as;

•Antenna design and measurement up to Ka band
•RF receiver and transmitter design and measurement
•Customized signal processing techniques
•Radar software operating on RTOS
•Military-standard module and unit design
•Mechanical design have been achieved through the R&D efforts of the company.

METEKSAN - Capabilities - Radar Systems and Subsystems

good to see a defence industry related topic once again, lets leave aside these syria-israil things and focus on these

Range is only 8 km ? aren't it very small range for a attack helicopter ? :confused:

Range is only 8 km ? aren't it very small range for a attack helicopter ? :confused:

In my opinion,it has 8 km because of geographic situation of Turkiye.So this range is optimal range for ATAKs i thought !

125i0kk.jpg

is this where it will be mounted. and how is this compared to the longbows?

Back
Top Bottom