What's new

Microsoft buys Nokia!!!!

It just shows companies can't fall asleep even when they basically own the market.
Just look at Research in Motion. Talk about a fall.

Android killed a lot of companies, Blackberry, Nokia, probably iPhone is next in line. :)

Nokia would have remained a major player even today, had they shifted to Android OS 3-4 years back.

maybe, the title can be changed to Nokia, a Tribute. M$ the monopolist company buying Nokia is a bad news.
N800/900 , their (maemo)Linux phone was interesting.
nokia_n900_38_lowres.jpg

Nokia N900 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ah, How could I forget.. the N95 was not my last Nokia.. this was. But then this was not Symbian.. but really one of the most brilliant phone's every built. You could use linux blackshark libraries to hack wifi networks.

Finnish firm seals sale of mobile phone divisions to US company for $7.5bn, in sector where it was once a global leader.

images

Nokia has announced the completion of the $7.5bn sale of its troubled mobile phone and services division to US-based Microsoft, ending a chapter in the former world leading phone maker's history that began with paper making in 1865.

The Friday closure of the deal, which includes a license to a portfolio of Nokia patents, follows delays in global regulatory approvals and ends the production of mobile phones by the Finnish company, which had led the field for more than a decade, peaking with a 40-percent global market share in 2008.

Nokia sells mobile phone unit to Microsoft - Europe - Al Jazeera English
Can Pakistan welcome both to manufacture mobile in Pakistan along with softwares too.

Nokia is bought by Microsoft it doesn't mean we won't see anything from them. I think they will improve much more under Microsoft supervision. The future is windows phone I mean actual desktop quality windows on a phone.

How come a company acquired by MS now making android phones aka Nokia X...

can anybody explain it???

Probbaly Microsoft were interested in the "Patents" if any owned by Nokia if anything. As in US if you own a patent , you can force others to not compete with you or provide your a hefty "Royalty"

7.5 Billion is big chunk of money .. they certainly must have had something of strategic value to Microsoft , as Microsoft now have a platform to launch their own OS for mobile on that hardware

Probbaly Microsoft were interested in the "Patents" if any owned by Nokia if anything. As in US if you own a patent , you can force others to not compete with you or provide your a hefty "Royalty"

7.5 Billion is big chunk of money .. they certainly must have had something of strategic value to Microsoft , as Microsoft now have a platform to launch their own OS for mobile on that hardware

Yep, those patents and phone tech will give them better footing to deal with Google and Apple.
Plus they have over $84B in cash.

(BTW Google has $59B, and Apple $147B)

Last edited:
Finnish firm seals sale of mobile phone divisions to US company for $7.5bn, in sector where it was once a global leader.

images

Nokia has announced the completion of the $7.5bn sale of its troubled mobile phone and services division to US-based Microsoft, ending a chapter in the former world leading phone maker's history that began with paper making in 1865.

The Friday closure of the deal, which includes a license to a portfolio of Nokia patents, follows delays in global regulatory approvals and ends the production of mobile phones by the Finnish company, which had led the field for more than a decade, peaking with a 40-percent global market share in 2008.

Nokia sells mobile phone unit to Microsoft - Europe - Al Jazeera English

Ohh god!!
Thats an end of epoch!!
Would always remember my first tiny and cute nokia 3650. :-)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom