What's new

Mi- 35M 'Hind E for Pakistan army

There r too many resturant there famous for that. Any name?
Mian Gee Ka Hotel.. and there is only one there on that part of the road that stands out for its famous clay pot daal dish.

it will really make the Mi35 ride beautiful for our men :)

LHTEC T800 engine is based on Honeywell CTS800 engine which is of US origin. TAI manufactures the engine under ‘License’. Pakistan doesn’t have the technology to produce the rotor blades either. TAI-129 primary weapon is Hellfire missile produced by Lockheed Martin. TOT in case of Pakistan doesn’t mean that we would make all components of the helicopter ourselves. All it means that we would assemble the helo in Pakistan.

TOT is a badly understood concept; it does not mean that it makes us immune to ‘Sanctions’. In case of sanctions, Russian products would be easier to obtain than the US products as China may be able to produce most of the same.
I want to start a thread using your post. please let me know if you have any objection to it :)

LHTEC T800 engine is based on Honeywell CTS800 engine which is of US origin. TAI manufactures the engine under ‘License’. Pakistan doesn’t have the technology to produce the rotor blades either. TAI-129 primary weapon is Hellfire missile produced by Lockheed Martin. TOT in case of Pakistan doesn’t mean that we would make all components of the helicopter ourselves. All it means that we would assemble the helo in Pakistan.

TOT is a badly understood concept; it does not mean that it makes us immune to ‘Sanctions’. In case of sanctions, Russian products would be easier to obtain than the US products as China may be able to produce most of the same.

The engine issue is spot on, but the Hellfire missiles will not be used. It will be Roketsan UMTAS anti-tank missiles.

A full scale production line is offered as per news, and T-129B will use Turkish weapons as its main weapons with capability to use all NATO standard weapons. If engine is not produced locally then it is not big concern because if it was a matter of concern then Turkey would have not offered that product with TOT to Pakistan. Turkey can handle US much better then Pakistan and if we procure those helis Turkey will make sure that there is not issue in producing them in Pakistan.

Pakistan should have gotten Mi-28 or more Cobras. I dont like this fat cow.

Mian Gee Ka Hotel.. and there is only one there on that part of the road that stands out for its famous clay pot daal dish.

it will really make the Mi35 ride beautiful for our men :)

I want to start a thread using your post. please let me know if you have any objection to it :)

by all means

A full scale production line is offered as per news, and T-129B will use Turkish weapons as its main weapons with capability to use all NATO standard weapons. If engine is not produced locally then it is not big concern because if it was a matter of concern then Turkey would have not offered that product with TOT to Pakistan. Turkey can handle US much better then Pakistan and if we procure those helis Turkey will make sure that there is not issue in producing them in Pakistan.

I have never come across any credible source which says that Pakistan has the technical resources to manufacture aircraft turbine engines. Currently produced aircrafts in Pakistan are:

Mashshak, which uses Textron Lycoming IO-540 V4 A5 engine which is a piston engine with fuel injection..

K-8 Karakorum uses Garrett TFE731-2A-2A designed & built by Honewell Aerospace with special permission from the US for export to Pakistan. Chinese version JL-8 uses Wopen WS-11 engine, a copy of Ukrainian Ivechenko-progress AI-25TLK turbofan jet.

And JF-17 which uses Russian RD-93 which even China does not produce.How can we believe that Pakistan will be able to manufacture LHTC T800 turbo shaft engine?

Understand Turkey has full export rights to export the helicopter except to Italy & the UK. However, Tusas Engine Industries is producing the power plant under license from Augusta Westland. It is improbable that a 'Licensee' is allowed to transfer manufacturing rights to a third party. .

I therefore have serious doubts about the veracity of the report that full scale production line is offered.

Mi 28 is future dont waste it this time this machine makes fear in enemys hearts

2014 will end as a wasted year nothing accomplished

a) No copter deal
b) No Sub deal
c) No F16
d) No Squadron of JF17 - Block 2

Very disappointing year it had lot of promise

a) No copter deal
b) No Sub deal
c) No F16

1. We acquired a much needed F-16 ADF squadron - a great new addition.
2. Patience my friend.

I have never come across any credible source which says that Pakistan has the technical resources to manufacture aircraft turbine engines. Currently produced aircrafts in Pakistan are:

Mashshak, which uses Textron Lycoming IO-540 V4 A5 engine which is a piston engine with fuel injection..

K-8 Karakorum uses Garrett TFE731-2A-2A designed & built by Honewell Aerospace with special permission from the US for export to Pakistan. Chinese version JL-8 uses Wopen WS-11 engine, a copy of Ukrainian Ivechenko-progress AI-25TLK turbofan jet.

And JF-17 which uses Russian RD-93 which even China does not produce.How can we believe that Pakistan will be able to manufacture LHTC T800 turbo shaft engine?

Understand Turkey has full export rights to export the helicopter except to Italy & the UK. However, Tusas Engine Industries is producing the power plant under license from Augusta Westland. It is improbable that a 'Licensee' is allowed to transfer manufacturing rights to a third party. .

I therefore have serious doubts about the veracity of the report that full scale production line is offered.

When did I say any thing about engine manufacturing in Pakistan?? Do you know the level of cooperation between Pakistan and Turkey? Do you know how much Turkey has been helpful to Pakistan (specially in military field) since our Independence?

When China arranged RD-93s for Pakistani JF-17s Russia was not happy on their resale but China manage it due to their vast and deep relations with Russia, same will happen in T-129 case if Pakistan procure it, Turkey will make sure that no issue arise in engine supply to Pakistan, also engine overhaul facility will be available too.

There is a reason PAA like Turkish offer more then any other now, I have discussed it with a on duty PAA pilot he said you will not understand how much attractive their offer is and what it will add, When asked which one is better Mi-28NE or T-129, his answer was T-129 any day.

a) No copter deal
b) No Sub deal
c) No F16

They will happen BLOCK II will be shown before this month ends and soon submarine deal would be signed F-16 there was no chance of that this year

A full scale production line is offered as per news, and T-129B will use Turkish weapons as its main weapons with capability to

When did I say any thing about engine manufacturing in Pakistan?? Do you know the level of cooperation between Pakistan and Turkey? Do you know how much Turkey has been helpful to Pakistan (specially in military field) since our Independence?

When China arranged RD-93s for Pakistani JF-17s Russia was not happy on their resale but China manage it due to their vast and deep relations with Russia, same will happen in T-129 case if Pakistan procure it, Turkey will make sure that no issue arise in engine supply to Pakistan, also engine overhaul facility will be available too.

There is a reason PAA like Turkish offer more then any other now, I have discussed it with a on duty PAA pilot he said you will not understand how much attractive their offer is and what it will add, When asked which one is better Mi-28NE or T-129, his answer was T-129 any day.

Your original statement created a confusion in people's minds which is why Niaz saheb responded. When you talk of full assembly line it includes engine as well. This clearly is not going to be the case as engine manufacturing is not only complex but it is a golden goose of the aviation industry. Short of engine and perhaps also key navigation and radar parts I don't have any objection to your statement. I also fully agree that it is probably the way forward. The question is the price and availability. Our need is NOW not 5 yrs down the line and currently Pakistan cannot afford to invest the billion and a half required for the project. We may get a loan but it still will have to be paid off. The second point of concern is how many units do we need?. if our need is for 80 -100 units how can we justify the spending. Unless the Turks want to utilize our services to reduce their unit cost or we are planning to use the unarmed unit for general utility. These are all genuine questions that need to be answered before one can see the utility in a project like T 129. MI35 and 28s are for our need now . Their engines are based on technology similar to MI 17 which we can already overhaul so the base is already established and technically it would be a much cheaper project than T129. The real question is whether the red bear will play ball with us. In this case it is a case of pragmatism rather than wishful thinking which in my humble view T129 may well be.
Araz

Back
Top Bottom