What's new

MFI-17 Super Mushshak---Glass Cockpit @IDEAS 2012

airomerix

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive had a good opportunity to sit and take few clicks in the cockpit of JF-17 and the MKI-17 on the first two days of IDEAS 2012. However the Glass cockpit of Mushshak with 3 MFDs, a HUD and side stick controls were breath taking.

I dont know if anyone has ever shared the real pictures. But here are my 3 clicks. :pakistan:

DSC_2440_zps373331a3.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC_2449_zps4633851e.jpg
[/IMG]

Some Greeks checking out the Mushtaq :D

DSC_2448_zps980afced.jpg
[/IMG]

This is a bit old news, discussed during the Dubai Airshow I think.

6344207711_1d47369dc2_b.jpg

The pics are a first though IMO, good quality pics.

Can't these planes work better than drones and may be cheaper to operate too, other thing we should put radars so can work like mini survivilance plane for air n borders

we need to make more variants of mfi-17
like attack version close air support version

Can't these planes work better than drones and may be cheaper to operate too, other thing we should put radars so can work like mini survivilance plane for air n borders

Surveillance is majorly done in hostile zone. So sending a manned surveillance plane (that too two men) is not a very wise idea.

The MFD's are indigiunously developed at PAC Kamra. The JF-17s avioincs factory has a part to play here. ;)

Buddy they are NOT a product of PAC.
They're made by a foreign company, I just can't recall the name.

My teacher just bought one for his beech. It's a very common system now on general aviation aircraft, cheaper too. (for aviation standards)

After digging for hours, i finally found it!
Its the good'ol Garmin. Cheap and durable (As per my teacher)

garmin696Header.jpg
Garmin is one of the companies that provides cockpit-instrumentation for Super-Mushshak.

Super Mushshak official patch.
pac_kamra_super_mushshak_patch.jpg

Garmin GPS units are also used extensively by PA and PAF in their small recce helos like Jet Ranger and Ecueril, and also by other organisations such as MoI and FWO.

i asked an officer on duty there about the new avionics and he said it has been done locally at Kamra. Perhaps he was not taking MFD's into context. :S

i asked an officer on duty there about the new avionics and he said it has been done locally at Kamra. Perhaps he was not taking MFD's into context. :S

There is not a single modern plane which has all the electronics built in one country. Even F-35 and F-22 have components or sub-components made in China!!

I mean why would PAC build their own GPS when they can purchase one off the shelf?? Why reinvent the wheel everytime?

Its same as we use Tomtom , garmin and other brands for car navigation,but likewise i can buy a chinese android tablet,load tomtom,garmin or any other map software and use it for navigation in addition to other purposes..
The equiment on Mashaq visually looks like the western equipment members are mentioming,but how can we be so sure just by one or two pics?
The screen and hardware may well be chinese off the shelf,and programmed at PAC Kamra or other facility for use with Mashaq...
So there you go...

Back
Top Bottom