What's new

Men's fashion tips, clothing, watches, cologne etc

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

That said, you have some misconceptions namely, Omega is affordable to anyone with a job (entry models for sure-Omega's are a protocolary gift to an employee when he goes to retirement)...
Omega quartz, maybe.

...and Panerai, unless you want it for the aesthetics
(into which i won't go as to everyone his own) or the Marina Militare heritage is an overpriced "scam" hyped up by Sly Stallone who saved the brand from sinking. For that money you get much much more "wow factor" from other manufacturers.

Additionally, Panerai isn't even Swiss, well, it is now
(bought by Richemont group, after Stallone provided the publicity-all they did was to jack up prices), but it's originaly Italian. The single biggest black dot in their file is, someone opened a Panerai a few years back and they found a cheap (relatively 500€ in 5k€ watch), generic mechanism that's being sold by ETA to clockmakers. For more info you can search "Panerai movement scandal".
I think the basic ETA movement wholesale cost is about 200$ and it is used by Rolex and brands whose cost have five or more digits in them. The German brand Sinn uses ETA movements. My Hamilton Navy Khaki and Glycine Base 22 have ETA movements in them. Hamilton was an American brand but is now under the Swatch group. Swiss Army Victorinox have ETA movements in some of their autos. One might have better luck listing who is using ETA movements rather than who is not. It depends on what each do with the basic ETA movement that usually raise the retail price.

Names like Hublot, Patek Phillipe, Franck Muller, Audemars Piguet are the "unaffordable" ones. Proper "man jewellery". :enjoy:
True. Like I said earlier, I wear autos in appreciation of fine mechanical engineering rather than for accuracy. The last time I had electronics on my wrist was back in 1987. When I had orders to transfer to the F-16 in that year was when I determined to get a high quality auto and the Omega was the one. Would I wear a XXX,000$ Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Grand with 18 carat gold ? :o: One does not 'wear' this level of bling. The word 'sport' is more appropriate.

Omega quartz, maybe.

Ya, quartz. It's still an Omega with excellent finish and quality though.

I think the basic ETA movement wholesale cost is about 200$ and it is used by Rolex and brands whose cost have five or more digits in them. The German brand Sinn uses ETA movements. My Hamilton Navy Khaki and Glycine Base 22 have ETA movements in them. Hamilton was an American brand but is now under the Swatch group. Swiss Army Victorinox have ETA movements in some of their autos. One might have better luck listing who is using ETA movements rather than who is not. It depends on what each do with the basic ETA movement that usually raise the retail price.

I went by memory, of what i read in the Swiss press a few years ago. Now i went to check more thoroughly and the problem was not the movement but it's quality/watch price ratio.

Proper:

414q.jpg

Shoddy:

318n.jpg

Proper:

414n.jpg

Shoddy:

318z.jpg

More shoddy:

318o.jpg

318l.jpg

318i.jpg

318b.jpg

Even with that out of the way though, i still think Panerai is too hyped and overpriced. As for how those movements got in a 5k€ watch, i won't speculate, but it's just a debacle.

When i was checking it up now, i found an interesting, well, theory, although i wouldn't call it that. Watch has Brooklyn bridge engraved in the back...in US slang that supposedly means to cheat someone in a deal "to sell someone a Brooklyn bridge". Interesting, no? :tongue:

Watch dealer post, proving it's official Panerai shipment, not just some dude, who sold the finished mechanism on ebay and inserted some Chinese stuff in. I was curious why there is no company name engraved on the movement.

Paneristi Public Forum: 318 pictures update. Sorry can't respond to emails

Last edited:
View attachment 235328 Looks like Xi is patriotic. A $100 Shanghai watch. Now I want to buy a watch from that company. lol
Putin, supposedly an anti western dude have the most expensive european watch

Xi should better convince the missus to get a Chinese watch as well haha! Putin might be just anti-American imho, I'm certain he believes in Eurasia, i.e. fraternity between Russia and the rest of Europe. A. Lange & Soehne is a German watch manufacturer and Putin himself is fond of Germany. A bigger lol goes to King Joffrey :lol:

I only wear 2 watches for work

1) Seiko

2) Tag Heuer

What about you, Sir Gambit? What do you wear?

Both are nice brands. 8-)

Names like Hublot

Speaking of which

Hublot-Bernie.jpg

:enjoy:

6 ways men too can elevate office style

925802-classic_-1437740458-718-640x480.jpg

You don't have to go for the usual dress shirt and pants, you can always change it up by making a few changes.

Men should focus on fit, colour and accessories to look chic at work, says an expert.

Angad Singh Malhotra, designer and founder, Mr Fox, a bespoke luxury label for menswear and accessories, shares six tips:

1. Fit

tumblr_n2unipvrvW1t5dqu4o1_500.jpg

First and foremost get the fit right. It should neither be too small nor too large; neither too short nor too long. A smaller and tighter size doesn’t flatter those gym workouts nor does bigger size reflect power or masculinity or weight loss. Get the fit that fits you well and flatters your body.

2. Style

download1.jpg

Fuse some colour into your ensemble. Just because you are going to work doesn’t mean you need to stick to the regular blue, white and grey that just makes you a part of the crowd. Try colours like lavender, yellow, or even pink. And if you want to go a step further, then move to stripes and checks.

3. Leather

iamgalla5_600x400.jpg

You have worn black shoes throughout your school life. Black shoes are great but not when you wear them every day. Try mixing it up with brown, tan or oxblood. Same goes for belts. Try and match your belt with shoes. Apart from colours, try different styles like oxfords, brogues and monk strap. They all add a bit of edge to your daily attire.

4. Layering up

783173_orig.jpg
Invest

in good blazers and sport coats. They help you dress up or down very easily depending on the occasion. Apart from summer blazers, in winters, you can layer up with sweaters or knitwear. Even waistcoats are a good option for your corporate wear.

5. Accessorise

tj21-david-beckham-white-pocket-square.jpg

A carefully chosen accessory adds an extra ounce of chicness to your outfit and boosts your appearance. Play around with your tie, use clips to break the monotony. Pocket squares are always neglected, but make them a part of your requisites when wearing a blazer or a suit.

6. Wallet

engraved-leather-wallet-money-clip-main_6def6099-2b67-495d-bc6d-72f64a9fc4ec_large.jpg

Also, make sure to slim down your wallet. You don’t need those three-year-old receipts anymore. A wallet should fit in your back pocket comfortably when you sit and not make you feel like as if you are sitting on an ant hill.

Guys-elevate-your-office-style-Heres-how.jpg

Meeting-look.jpg

3. Leather

iamgalla5_600x400.jpg

You have worn black shoes throughout your school life. Black shoes are great but not when you wear them every day. Try mixing it up with brown, tan or oxblood. Same goes for belts. Try and match your belt with shoes. Apart from colours, try different styles like oxfords, brogues and monk strap. They all add a bit of edge to your daily attire.

monk strap??

and the pictured shoes are beautiful - color and form.

and how long are his feet?? :what:

monk strap??

and the pictured shoes are beautiful - color and form.

and how long are his feet?? :what:
I know foot fetish is a thing but keep your fetishes limited to fat women only.. :P

So many choices. Does fragrance have anything to do with your personality?

i use attar/ittar ( "muslim-style" natural flower/herb oils perfume ) and my choice is a subtle mix of jasmine and rose... must point to me being a subtle and careful person.

I know foot fetish is a thing but keep your fetishes limited to fat women only.. :P

That's politically incorrect these days. They are called "curvy" women or BBW.

no, the politically correct and capitalism-driven terms are "overweight" and "obese"... the industry-driven focus is now on something called "fitness" even though it takes away feminine-ness from the female.

what you refer to as curvy, i call them voluptuous, a much older term.

i'll start off with some of my tag huer collection-- [3 years old pic]

i'll also post my ''dream'' watches that i have my eyes on-- damn the dollar conversion rate has really made the newer models so costly now:undecided:

like my carrera was just under 1 lack when i bought it-- and now its 3 lack plus ....

will find replicas for it now! i live in lahore and i've heard there are great replica stores somewhere, any ideas?
pic1

type2

I bought a replica Movado from Karachi 8 years ago, when I went to get the battery replaced even the repair man couldnt tell the difference until he opened it up..lol, scratch proof just like the original Movado i even tested it my self...dont waste money on original if you can find a replica.

i use attar/ittar ( "muslim-style" natural flower/herb oils perfume ) and my choice is a subtle mix of jasmine and rose... must point to me being a subtle and careful person.

no, the politically correct and capitalism-driven terms are "overweight" and "obese"... the industry-driven focus is now on something called "fitness" even though it takes away feminine-ness from the female.

what you refer to as curvy, i call them voluptuous, a much older term.

Honestly it sounds like you have a fat fetish to me.

got 3 as gift today

212sexy men Gucci guilty and bvlgari man

bvlgari man smells better than guilty

need to get my hands on
1 Million Paco Rabanne for men 2008version

Back
Top Bottom