What's new

Meeting War Veteran: please post your questions

Irfan Baloch

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
5-3-2012_47326_l.jpg

I am meeting a military war veteran who has served in FC , commanded an artillery regiment and in addition to war with India he has fought the insurgency in Baluchistan and KPK. For security reasons I cant disclose his name but just to add that he built a fearsome reputation and led his troops in some very successful operations.

I invite readers to ask any questions you might have in mind which might interest you.

Be precise and objective and avoid leading comments and loaded questions. Avoid questions that might be of operational and sensitive nature. I will try to get as many answers as possible.

@Icarus @Xeric @fatman17
dear sirs,
the gentleman I am talking about is course mate of IGFC Salim Nawaz and has served with him and has a very no nonsense attitude.. I have to think and think again before I talk to him
on personal note I got a dressing down by him recently in a civilian gathering when I was off by 2 minutes to do something he had "asked" me.

@Xeric
sir he is your fellow gunnie :)

these are the leaders we fight for and fight with.. who lead their troops from the front. despite so many setbacks we have stood fast and didnt desert our ranks and have broken the teeth of this covert enemy.

Could you mention which wars/battles/operations he has been involved in against India?

Could you mention which wars/battles/operations he has been involved in against India?
let this be a question. I will ask his role in war with India.

he has served along the LoC and along the international borders along Punjab and Sindh.. he belongs to the unit commonly known as "victors of Chamb".

Ask him, how long Pak Artillery has come.

* Is it a good idea to expand the COIN training regime to the whole of FC. Should FC be raised as a well equipped, well resourced, highly trained COIN outfit instead of mere border protection. If FC takes charge, the Army can head back to east.

* Does FC need a small fleet of attack helos, either independantly or in coop with Army Aviation to mount special ops.

* How well FC's special operation's wing is armed and trained.

* What are 'projections' on the Indian infiltration in Afghanistan. Their training and arming of the N.Alliance oarcs.

* NATO exit and post Afghan planning. What are our expectations.

* Is it a good idea to expand the COIN training regime to the whole of FC. Should FC be raised as a well equipped, well resourced, highly trained COIN outfit instead of mere border protection. If FC takes charge, the Army can head back to east.

* Does FC need a small fleet of attack helos, either independantly or in coop with Army Aviation to mount special ops.

* How well FC's special operation's wing is armed and trained.

* What are 'projections' on the Indian infiltration in Afghanistan. Their training and arming of the N.Alliance oarcs.

* NATO exit and post Afghan planning. What are our expectations.
thanks for the questions.

I will have my own line of questions about daily activities, unit morale, Jawan training and their conditioning. their concerns , their families. the sacrifices , the media element etc.
lets see how it goes.

@Aeronaut @Xeric

one question that I will ask is ... why we cant show the Indian involvement in the Baloch & Taliban insurgency? its not that we dont have proofs.

wonder if we are waiting for a live prize.. i.e. an Indian covert officer / operative..?
that will be something

Last edited:
@Irfan Baloch

Indians are careful. They take NDS operatives for training, mainly ex Northern Alliance.

They are trained in India. Their finances are done through 'NGOs' and secret bankwires through Indian investments i.e construction and services firms.

Indians get NDS to 'subcontract' for training terrorists, armament, infiltration in Pakistan and mounting operations.

All of the weapons captured this week were 'new' Russian made weapons. If you know what it points to.

Yes i have a question for him.

How well is FC equipped and trained to fight off the influx of insurgents coming from Afghanistan side, and possibly Iranian side?

If we are ever to attack Kabul is our FC and other armed branches ready? After NATO their economy will plummet and this will be a good chance.

What are the plans for the further development of the FC, they are already decent light infantry troops, a world of difference from the poorly trained, lowly motivated outfit of yesteryear.

What are the plans for the further development of the FC, they are already decent light infantry troops, a world of difference from the poorly trained, lowly motivated outfit of yesteryear.
dear I strongly disagree

they have fought shoulder to shoulder with our regular troops. their training is ongoing and they have seen very fast improvement in their equipment, & training

dear I strongly disagree

they have fought shoulder to shoulder with our regular troops. their training is ongoing and they have seen very fast improvement in their equipment, & training

I completely agree, just referring to the state they were in, before TK starting building them up again, from the ground up.

And you rightly say, they are excellent light infantry troops, capable of carrying out operations on their own.

5-3-2012_47326_l.jpg

I am meeting a military war veteran who has served in FC , commanded an artillery regiment and in addition to war with India he has fought the insurgency in Baluchistan and KPK. For security reasons I cant disclose his name but just to add that he built a fearsome reputation and led his troops in some very successful operations.

I invite readers to ask any questions you might have in mind which might interest you.

Be precise and objective and avoid leading comments and loaded questions. Avoid questions that might be of operational and sensitive nature. I will try to get as many answers as possible.

@Icarus @Xeric @fatman17
dear sirs,
the gentleman I am talking about is course mate of IGFC Salim Nawaz and has served with him and has a very no nonsense attitude.. I have to think and think again before I talk to him
on personal note I got a dressing down by him recently in a civilian gathering when I was off by 2 minutes to do something he had "asked" me.

@Xeric

these are the leaders we fight for and fight with.. who lead their troops from the front. despite so many setbacks we have stood fast and didnt desert our ranks and have broken the teeth of this covert enemy.

ask him why we are not destroying/defeating this cowardly enemy (TTP) for once and all.....dont accept that it depends on the govt.

5-3-2012_47326_l.jpg

@Icarus @Xeric @fatman17
dear sirs,

@Xeric

Ask him about his opinion on the panter howitzer.

Dont forget about the wife and kids.:p:

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom