What's new

Featured Massive active fires in India causing smog in Pakistan

Maybe simply start growing indoors with new tech such as aquaponics or hydroponics
Sure wish they come up with an ecologically sound solution but

1. it has to be economically viable, this is not the developed west or a rich country.

2. crop stubble burning is a real polluting menace but there have been studies that say economic activity and vehicular pollution, factories etc are the major contributors to it, not so much the farmers. They have a big pollution problem in some Chinese cities too.

i wish india was not our neighbor! they are the most despicable creature walking on face of earth!

Is there no place where India can be taken too for this eco terrorism of its? I wonder what would had been the reaction of some European country had India be its neighbour? Gosh such chutia neighbours!

It’s the millions of coronavirus dead being burned

Sure wish they come up with an ecologically sound solution but

1. it has to be economically viable, this is not the developed west or a rich country.

2. crop stubble burning is a real polluting menace but there have been studies that say economic activity and vehicular pollution, factories etc are the major contributors to it, not so much the farmers. They have a big pollution problem in some Chinese cities too.
It is not cheaper at first but in long time it is... uses 10 times less water which makes up for a bit of cost that you put in at first...

And yes we do need to get rid of bad practices
I agree. On PDF since my membership in 2014 I have been speaking about Vertical Farming and general Urban Farming ( for those trees that cannot be grown indoors ).

For VF I agree about hydroponics.

Food security and other advantages.

@ps3linux
Not just hydroponics in form of VF.. but also aquaponics... and we can advance aquaponics cycle with addition of poultry in it..

And I am happy that ministry of science and technology has set up 8 agri research centers atleast one of em will be doing research on these subjects

Last edited:
Massive active fires in India of residual crop is going to create smog again in Pakistan. Almost 2/5 people in my circle is suffering from flu due to this open terrorism. Whereas govt of Punjab, Pakistan is paying 80% subsidy on machines which can remove residual crop without burning.
Source: Nasa Nov 07, 2020
View attachment 686647

There is no doubt that what you're saying is correct --- but, despite the subsidy, I've been witnessed open crop burning without any fear of consequences along the M2 motorway for a few weeks now.

We should worry about our own internal measures first.

The current leadership has shown that it is unwilling/unable to punish India (offensively) for anything.

@Areesh

Why don't we take Indian government to ICJ or where ever it is relevant to claim compensation over this indian incompetence

Maybe simply start growing indoors with new tech such as aquaponics or hydroponics

Good luck making ginger and potatoes with the above. Root veggies, their minerals and healthy bacteria composition is hard to implement in running water.

Good luck making ginger and potatoes with the above. Root veggies, their minerals and healthy bacteria composition is hard to implement in running water.
Those can be grown in soil but with advanced tech mere bahi those which can easily be grown using hydroponics and aquaponics should be implemented

Those can be grown in soil but with advanced tech mere bahi those which can easily be grown using hydroponics and aquaponics should be implemented

You're right but how do you sell it to people doing the same thing over and over for 20+ years??

Marketing was never a trait of our people, although scamming is. And from the research I have conducted and looked at, the veggies might be delicious but not as healthy because they're missing the healthy bacteria. Either way, that can also be solved but is a much more tricky problem, the mishandling of which can lead to someone creating a bioweapon.

O people, you have elected prime minister /president with army of servants and assistants, to solve your problems.
They have promised you a better life, just wait 3 more years and all your miseries will be over.

You're right but how do you sell it to people doing the same thing over and over for 20+ years??

Marketing was never a trait of our people, although scamming is. And from the research I have conducted and looked at, the veggies might be delicious but not as healthy because they're missing the healthy bacteria. Either way, that can also be solved but is a much more tricky problem, the mishandling of which can lead to someone creating a bioweapon.
Bahi educating few will create the trend and out farmers follow trend.. "usne yeh ugaya he me b yehi ugau ga"

Secondly and they are almost equally healthy bahi especially in case of aquaponics where a living organism (fish) filters out the bad bacteria...

Back
Top Bottom