What's new

Featured Massive active fires in India causing smog in Pakistan

If only it was that simple but it just doesn't work, it'll only mess the soil up. There are scientific reasons why it doesn't work.

They could burn it to produce energy and filter the pollutants but setting up these plants is very cost inefficient and would result is loses overall.

The main challenge is to come up with an economically viable way to dispose of the crop stubble which is a contributing factor, but not the only one.

Vehicular, industrial pollution.. some claim that is more to blame than crop burning.

Beijing, Delhi, Lahore all suffer from it.
Maybe simply start growing indoors with new tech such as aquaponics or hydroponics

Did imran khan billion trees tsunami entered Lahore or Punjab ?
No ?
Trees can't help controlling such a massive smog .. Indian govt not only ruining its own population but its bring massive health hazard in neighboring country. After all Punjab is bread basket of India.

It did entered. I am witness to it. Please visit shahdara reserve forest & ainu Bhatti reserved forest. Road goes from Karol stop on ring ring to these forests.

No need to bother with people with low IQ. They will remain as such, because they have no moral spine, nor any integrity to begin with.

Are they burning cow poop?
Burning stubble in India
1604801754164.png

1604801889520.png

And they (indians) claim their countrymen follow the rule of law while accusing citizens from their neighbouring countires of being uncivilized.
dont think anyone claims that all citizens of a country follow the law. There will be no crime if that were the case. The law of the land must be followed is what I think people were saying.

And they (indians) claim their countrymen follow the rule of law while accusing citizens from their neighbouring countires of being uncivilized.
Stubble burning is a norm in those regions throughout the year but it is a problem when the winter sets in and the air mostly still.

Now, this thread is BS, even in India. 90% of the pollution is due to Industries present in the region, but unlike other months, November to March is the worst weather in North India and of course places like Karachi.

Pakistani should please tell their Khalistani friends to stop burning stubble and polluting the air of North India.

Pakistan is Better than India When it Comes to Controlling Crop Burning

Well, it seems Pakistan is doing better than India when it comes to controlling crop burning.

This year(2017), according to reports, 2,620 incidents of crop fire were spotted via satellite in Indian Punjab. In Pakistan, the number was limited to just 27.

In 2014, Pakistan wasn’t very far from India when it came to the problem of crop burning. Lahore, along with New Delhi, was listed amongst the top 10 worst cities for smog in that year.

A satellite image from November 2015 by ISRO showed that Pakistan had a near same incidence of farm fires a couple of years ago. Mohan Guruswamy, the chairperson for the Centre for Policy Alternatives in Delhi, pointed this out on Facebook.

Seven or eight years ago, straw was also burned in rural areas of China.
At that time, the sky was red. Later, burning straw was prohibited.Straw is used to make paper and crushed. Remote sensing satellites and unmanned aerial vehicles monitor the fire at all times. Now there is no phenomenon of burning straw in China.

when we say Bharti's a$$ on fire, this is what we mean :lol:
It’s not funny because this stubble burning is killings thousands of people every year, now it is also affecting Pakistan.
These farmers should be stopped, Kejriwal what are you doing.....? Do something to stop this menace.

Maybe simply start growing indoors with new tech such as aquaponics or hydroponics

I agree. On PDF since my membership in 2014 I have been speaking about Vertical Farming and general Urban Farming ( for those trees that cannot be grown indoors ).

For VF I agree about hydroponics.

Food security and other advantages.

@ps3linux

Last edited:

Well, it seems Pakistan is doing better than India when it comes to controlling crop burning.

This year(2017), according to reports, 2,620 incidents of crop fire were spotted via satellite in Indian Punjab. In Pakistan, the number was limited to just 27.

In 2014, Pakistan wasn’t very far from India when it came to the problem of crop burning. Lahore, along with New Delhi, was listed amongst the top 10 worst cities for smog in that year.

A satellite image from November 2015 by ISRO showed that Pakistan had a near same incidence of farm fires a couple of years ago. Mohan Guruswamy, the chairperson for the Centre for Policy Alternatives in Delhi, pointed this out on Facebook.
You are quoting old stats. This year so far there are 53000 stubble burning incidents. Almost every indian farmer burns his/her crops rather than more sustainable solutions. This is beyond disgusting and apparently there is no will to stop it either. Going by Indian logic they probably think of it as a form of attack on Pakistan. Simply Disgusting destroyed environment in such manner. This year with Covid threat smog will just accelerate the issue several folds.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...ng-cases-reach-53000/articleshow/79092596.cms

I have my reservations with incumbent Govt in Punjab, but I can tell you about two incidents that I have witnessed this year.

About two weeks back I was driving from lahore to Rwp on motorway and somewhere near bhera someone had put up a fire (roadside) to get rid of bushes and weed and I saw two fire tenders putting out the fire.

This week I traveled from lhr to sialkot for official purpose on the way back took the old road to go via Gujranwala on the way I saw someone had tried to burn the paddy remains on fire and there was commotion as fire tenders were putting out the fire and punjab police was apparently apprehending the owners of the land.

It cannot be controlled 100%, but an effective law/order implementation and right incentives (GoPunj) giving subsisy on the use of machinery to remove paddy remains.

I agree. On PDF since my membership in 2014 I have been speaking about Vertical Farming and general Urban Farming ( for those trees that cannot be grown indoors ).

For VF I agree about hydroponics.

Food security and other advantages.

@ps3linux

Yes you are one of the ardent supporters of the idea. I have mentioned it earlier despite development in the south I see less development/less attention in North Western parts of India, probably yadav dynasty/INC/AD have an equal responsibility.

Pollution stunts growth, causes brain damage, destroys ecosystems, shortens lifespans, kills wildlife and results in new diseases among other things.

This is not ok, things need to change. And I mean globally. Modern technology needs to largely be done over or scrapped.

Back
Top Bottom