What's new

Featured Massive active fires in India causing smog in Pakistan

Salman Baig

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Massive active fires in India of residual crop is going to create smog again in Pakistan. Almost 2/5 people in my circle is suffering from flu due to this open terrorism. Whereas govt of Punjab, Pakistan is paying 80% subsidy on machines which can remove residual crop without burning.
Source: Nasa Nov 07, 2020
Screenshot_20201107_225437.jpg

Massive active fires in India of residual crop is going to create smog again in Pakistan. Almost 2/5 people in my circle is suffering from flu due to this open terrorism. Whereas govt of Punjab, Pakistan is paying 80% subsidy on machines which can remove residual crop without burning.
Source: Nasa Nov 07, 2020
View attachment 686647
Just saying----Soviets used nukes to stop fires.

Just saying.

Did imran khan billion trees tsunami entered Lahore or Punjab ?
No ?

I swear to God the pollution is absolutely HORRIBLE in Lahore due to smog.

Why are these indian farmers doing this? Indian media have also stated New delhi is affected.

Why are these indian farmers doing this? Indian media have also stated New delhi is affected.
Because they can't dispose the waste properly and if they want to saw new seeds the stubble must be removed. And of course, lack of proper policing every nook and corner of farms that spread thousands of hecters. Delhi is the worst affected by these of all the places.

Because they can't dispose the waste properly and if they want to saw new seeds the stubble must be removed. And of course, lack of proper policing every nook and corner of farms that spread thousands of hecters. Delhi is the worst affected by these of all the places.
And they (indians) claim their countrymen follow the rule of law while accusing citizens from their neighbouring countires of being uncivilized.

The Indian stubble burning menace rears it's ugly head again, right on time like every year. :tdown: :sick:

Don't they do this in Pakistan as well ?

It is a huge problem, Delhi air is beyond toxic, they break the meter every year and redline it.. we don't actually have a measure for it in terms of AQI (air quality index) but measure it in terms of PPM, toxic particles per million.. some years ago they said just going about a regular day in Delhi for non smokers is akin to smoking 3 packs of smokes a day because of just how much filth you will inhale. Stuff also tends to hang low in the cold winters.. I get teary eyed (from pollution) and a sore throat everytime I go to Delhi in the winters for 3 - 4 days before acclimatizing.

Why cant they simply mix it in soil?

Why cant they simply mix it in soil?
If only it was that simple but it just doesn't work, it'll only mess the soil up. There are scientific reasons why it doesn't work.

They could burn it to produce energy and filter the pollutants but setting up these plants is very cost inefficient and would result is loses overall.

The main challenge is to come up with an economically viable way to dispose of the crop stubble which is a contributing factor, but not the only one.

Vehicular, industrial pollution.. some claim that is more to blame than crop burning.

Beijing, Delhi, Lahore all suffer from it.

Back
Top Bottom