What's new

Maruti Gypsy gets repeat order from Army, 4,100

Gypsy is a legend. I thought civilian production have been stopped. Its vintage and it still inspires awe in me when I see those driven by Army on roads..

Oh yara...they "manufacture" ..."entire vehicles" in Pakistan.. down to the nuts n bolts.. in their "giant *** manufacturing factories"...

I don't think so you manufacture the whole thing by yourself since a Pakistani Auto industry is not very mature

I have seen Gypsy easily crossed the temp made way from stones easily where as all tata truck was stuck in manali -Leh road.

I don't think so you manufacture the whole thing by yourself since a Pakistani Auto industry is not very mature

haha... we dont have our own brands like tata or mahindra (once there were-- corruption raped them)... anyhow it has nothing to do with private companies JVs with international groups like toyota,suzuki etc..

The gypsy inspite of its smaller engine, its actually a very capable 4wheel drive vehicle.
The reason is the power to weight ratio and the decent amount of torque produced by that small engine,
Larger diesel engine will give more O/P but comes with added increased weight.

And i can say that from my own experience.

5 men on a 80s gypsy- thats 998cc engine- on a pretty steep incline in rain and slush - makes it way to the top.
A 2000s something bolero with 4wd and a 2400cc engine gets trapped in the slush.

Also, do note since it is a petrol engine, its easier to start and operate in really cold temps.

Having said that, we can defintely lookl at getting a better vehicle. probably on the lines of the mahindra axe or even the force gurkha
Reminds me f the Jonga :angel:

The first one does not even talk about the local manufacturing, the second link only talks about Maruti Alto being produced locally.

800cc Alto now called Mehran and 1000cc Swift car later on called Khyber were introduced through local manufacturing.

Also this,
Made in Pakistan Vehicles | Page 5

Looks like except for few cars, all the rest are locally assembled. Nuts and bolts are the easiest thing.

One of the reasons the same car is expensive in Pakistan than in India is cause India has more parts being manufactured than Pakistan.

Not a bad idea; you will enjoy driving it. I did and still do with an old Gypsy that I use off-road. You can bash it around without a care!
The IA uses it because it is the only vehicle that can be transported inside a Mil-17 or slung under a Dhruv. In Exercises, they found it to be a better (and cheaper) transport than the Quads that the US Army used.
yes indeed it is a very good vehicle for special forces to transport them from insertion point to target area in enemy territory quickly. Transportation by helicopters is its biggest advantage. Also It carries more troops than quad.
1401858_172598602936777_1275665961_o.jpg

The first one does not even talk about the local manufacturing, the second link only talks about Maruti Alto being produced locally.

Whatever sails your boat man.. im using a toyota altis .. produced in Pak.. :)

Also this,

Looks like except for few cars, all the rest are locally assembled. Nuts and bolts are the easiest thing.

One of the reasons the same car is expensive in Pakistan than in India is cause India has more parts being manufactured than Pakistan.[/QUOTE]

More like monopoly... google it.. anyways gotta leave for Lahore... getting late.. tc.

haha... we dont have our own brands like tata or mahindra (once there were-- corruption raped them)... anyhow it has nothing to do with private companies JVs with international groups like toyota,suzuki etc..

What I was saying that since it is made 100% in india & is dirt cheap probably why the army is still ordering them
Regarding pak auto brands I think those must in time of Ayub Khan since PK was very advanced & prosperous at that time

Whatever sails your boat man.. im using a toyota altis .. produced in Pak.. :)

Also this,

One of the reasons the same car is expensive in Pakistan than in India is cause India has more parts being manufactured than Pakistan.

More like monopoly... google it.. anyways gotta leave for Lahore... getting late.. tc.[/QUOTE]
Hey found another link

Toyota aimed to sell around 2,500 units in the first launching year of the locally assembled Fotuner based on studies conducted by the Company, but unfortunately the local distributors of the Toyota still have not managed to sell the set target after two years of launching of Sports Utility Vehicle.

June, 2014

Local auto industry lags far behind Indian counterpart

I have no problem if you show me that everything is made in Pakistan, cause the trend in India for the latest and expensive models is assembly and then slowly manufacturing. I do not know how Pakistan with a far smaller market can go for manufacturing. Does not makes sense.

Have a safe journey.

1)The Adam Boltoro was a 4x4 off-road vehicle assembled by the now defunct Adam Motor Company in Pakistan.

Production has now ceased and the Adam motors plant is up for sale.[1]

2)Adam Revo was a city car made by the now defunct Adam Motor Company of Pakistan. It was the first car to be designed and assembled in Pakistan.[1] Production of this model stopped by September 2006[2] due to unavailability of funds and lack of government support.[3]

@DESERT FIGHTER

Did u buy this by any chance??:D

Back
Top Bottom