What's new

Marrakech Air Show Invites Pakistan to Showcase JF -17 Thunder Fighter Jet

Muhammad Omar

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
timthumb.php

Rabat – The Marrakech Airshow 2016 has invited Pakistan to showcase its JF-17 thunder fighter jet at the 5th Annual International Exhibition of Aerospace Industries to be held on April 27-30, 2016.

Under the patronage of King Mohammed VI, this upcoming Annual International Exhibition of Aerospace Industries in Marrakech will be a valuable opportunity for aerospace giants as well as investors in aeronautics industry to display their newest projects.

“The JF-I7 is a lightweight multi-role combat aircraft manufactured at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) in Kamra, Pakistan. It can be used for aerial reconnaissance, ground attack and aircraft interception,” said a communique by the Pakistan Embassy in Rabat.

“The JF-I7 can deploy diverse ordnance including air-to-air and air-to-surface missiles and is equipped with a 23 mm GSh-23-2 twin-barrel autocannon.’It is powered by a Guizhou WS-13 afterburning turbofan engine and has a top speed of Mach 1.6,” the communique concludes.

Moroccan daily newspaper Al Massae said in its December 4 issue that Morocco has expressed interest to buy the JF-I7 for its Air Force.

The organizers said this year’s exhibition is part of “Morocco’s strategy to develop its aviation base and strengthen the aviation sector, notably in terms of industrial investment and technology transfer.”

The four-day airshow expects more than 20,000 visitors and more than 200 participants from 20 different countries.

“These aircraft manufacturers see Morocco as the gateway to the promising African market for civilian, military aviation and business aviation,” the organizers added.

Marrakech Air Show Invites Pakistan to Showcase JF -17 Thunder Fighter Jet

So that fourth one is Morocco. This makes Srilanka, Myanmar, Egypt and Morocco as 4 countries as of now. But i believe Nigeria may also eventually buy it.

Last edited:
So that forth one is Morocco. This makes it Srilanka, Myanmar, Egypt and Morocco as 4 countries as of now. But i believe Nigeria may also eventually buy it.

Tajikistan?? Azerbaijan?

JF-17 Thunder is a multi-role fighter jet jointly produced by Pakistan and China. Various countries including Nigeria, Bangladesh, Tajikistan and Myanmar had shown interest in JF-17

Tajikistan?? Azerbaijan?

JF-17 Thunder is a multi-role fighter jet jointly produced by Pakistan and China. Various countries including Nigeria, Bangladesh, Tajikistan and Myanmar had shown interest in JF-17
Forget about CARs n Bingo land.

First African debut by JFT. this makes only North n South America where it hasnt took part in an airshow.

So that fourth one is Morocco. This makes it Srilanka, Myanmar, Egypt and Morocco as 4 countries as of now. But i believe Nigeria may also eventually buy it.
Fourth was Nigeria

Our best bets on exports are Nigeria and Myanmar cuz they dont gave western alrternates and they desperately require new jets to replace their ageing fleet

“The JF-I7 can deploy diverse ordnance including air-to-air and air-to-surface missiles and is equipped with a 23 mm GSh-23-2 twin-barrel autocannon.’It is powered by a Guizhou WS-13 afterburning turbofan engine and has a top speed of Mach 1.6,” the communique concludes.

Anyone noticed ???

Forget about CARs n Bingo land.

First African debut by JFT. this makes only North n South America where it hasnt took part in an airshow.
And Australia!!
So essentially it means, that it have taken part in only Asia and Europe. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. :)

JF-17, if participates in the Marrakesh airshow will be a great news. The African and South American markets are both where Jf-17 may well find some good customers and targeting these markets will be excellent.

The future looks promising for JF-17, even the present is good enough :)

It's been old now they are being tested with WS-13 engine

Merely a speculation Omar but it says WS-13 may be a licenced built one then it means we may have an absolute copy of RD-93 with WS-13 title which parts may be interchangeable means further relaxed political situations for buyers.
In case of licence production how much of improvement can be done with this variant or it should be strictly kept the same ???

Last edited:
Merely a speculation Omar but it says WS-13 may be a licenced built one then it means we may have an absolute copy of RD-93 with WS-13 title which parts may be interchangeable means further relaxed political situations for buyers.
In case of licence production how much of improvement can be done with this variant or it should be strictly kept the same ???

PAF decided to Stick with RD-93 Engines for JF-17 and Russia is giving/building engine overhaul Facility in Pakistan so WS-13 is not coming to Pakistan anytime soon

Pakistan to stick with RD-93 engine for JF-17, say PAF officials | IHS Jane's 360

Pakistan seeks jet engines development with Moscow

If PAF and PAC in collaboration managed to Increase their Capacity of JF-17 to 25 or more in next two to three year which I hope they will , and managed to setup a repair and overhaul Center for the Kilmov RD-93 at Kamra.I am Sure with advance feature's Inducted later on JF-17 block-3. It has the Potential to become best selling Fighter among countries like(Jordan,Nigeria,Sri Lanka,Myanmar,Morocco..etc) at a given price.............:enjoy: :enjoy:

The best marketing will be if Pakistan is able to sell some of these beauties to USA in exchange for F-35 at 1:1 ratio.

Back
Top Bottom