What's new

Malaysia select Gripen for its new generation fighter.

XIV)SWITZERLAND, LEAKED EVALUATION REPORT:

I) NWA PHASE I 2008 ANALYSIS WITH REAL FLIGHT TRIALS:
Swiss_eval_NWA1.png

Swiss_eval_NWA1_appreciations.png

II)NWA PHASE II 2009 ANALYSIS WITH REAL FLIGHT TRIALS:
Swiss_eval_NWA2.png

Swiss_eval_NWA2_appreciations.png

Swiss_eval_AP1.png

It is worth noting that the Air Policing mission, although important, is a quite low risk mission. In more challenging Air to Air task such as OCA or DCA missions where the target can be highly dangerous and where ECM/RCS become of primary relevance, the Rafale seems to prevail with a more comfortable margin.
http://kovy.free.fr/temp/rafale/pdf/12332.pdf
http://lignesdedefense.blogs.ouest-france.fr/files/rapport suisse.pdf
Rafale News: Switzerland, Evaluation report quick analysis

RAFALE rules boss only Su 35 is 4.5 ++ gen fighter that can challenge rafale :enjoy:
Drsomnath999 i think u must thank Dare2 of IDF for giving all these infos in that marathon thread :cheers:

Drsomnath999 i think u must thank Dare2 of IDF for giving all these infos in that marathon thread :cheers:
well 1st of all these news source is from rafale news blogspot.com & of course i have learnt a lot from that fanboy even if he abuses a lot:D

They should just buy the damn F-18 Super Hornet. Since they already operate Hornets :D

rest assure,people. RMAF would never going to buy Gripen

it has 1 engines,low payload and low range. while it's being "considered" by the top brass, the same can be said about F-16 block 52 as well.

serious consideration being given to only Typhoon,F/A-18F and Rafale.with F/A-18F being the prime choice(but since the US being an arse about the weapon/avionic/subsystem package,the deal is put on hold)

do u have any eye disorder my friend how does it means JF 17 better than gripen:D
although these stats aren't about the JF-17s but I think after viewing this we can easily say that JF-17 and J-10s are better than it. I have also heard that Grippen isn't a good aircraft.

rest assure,people. RMAF would never going to buy Gripen

it has 1 engines,low payload and low range. while it's being "considered" by the top brass, the same can be said about F-16 block 52 as well.

serious consideration being given to only Typhoon,F/A-18F and Rafale.with F/A-18F being the prime choice(but since the US being an arse about the weapon/avionic/subsystem package,the deal is put on hold)
Some members said that RMAF will not buy Chinese, I think JF-17 Block-IIs and J-10/FC-20s are good option and they can also look towards Super Su-30s too.

Love the Gripen it's one of my fave birds! good choice by Malaysia :tup:

AIR_JAS-39D_Gripen_Rotated_lg.jpg

As Malaysia listed the Swedish-made Gripen multi-role combat aircraft (MRCA) as one of its possible choices for its new generation fighter jets, Saab, the manufacturer of the aircraft, is harping on its long-term cost effectiveness. Saab media relations manager Peter Liander said the cost of the whole life cycle of its MRCA in terms of maintenance, operations and flying was more effective as compared to other MRCA of its class.

Generally, potential buyers should not just look at the buying price only, but also the cost for its whole life cycle," he told Bernama at the Defense and Security 2012 exhibition here

Malaysia is considering replacing its ageing 10 Russian-made MiG-29 aircraft of the Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) as the service period of the fighter jet had ended and needed to be replaced.

Apart from Gripen, others such as European-made Eurofighter Typhoon, American-made FA-18 Super Hornet and Russian-made Sukhoi Su-35 were reported to be under the Malaysian Defence Ministry's radar for consideration, too.

Previously, Malaysian Defence Minister Datuk Seri Dr Zahid Hamidi had mentioned that the purchase of the new fighter jet would depend on the government's financial capability.

Without disclosing the price of Gripen as it depends on the specification needs of the respective country, Liander said the company had succeeded in producing fighter jets with high performance at low cost.

Gripen is currently in the inventory of air forces of Sweden, South Africa, Hungary, Czech Republic and Thailand, as well as a test pilot school in the United Kingdom.

"Generally, they get what they need at competitive prices," said Liander.

As Gripen had made its debut in this region through the procurement of the new generation fighter jets by Thailand, the company was eyeing to further spread its wings in this region.

"Thailand could be an important reference on Gripen in this region as the country took delivery of six aircrafts early last year, and another six next year," said Liander.

According to defence industry record, Asean's 10 south east Asian nations defence procurement totalled about US$25 billion (about RM75 billion) annually.

On the Thailand front, Liander said, the company was in partnership with a local manufacturer to produce data link systems as part of its technology transfer programme
How many Planes is Malaysia looking forward to induct ? they should have at least 150 Fighter Planes

although these stats aren't about the JF-17s but I think after viewing this we can easily say that JF-17 and J-10s are better than it. I have also heard that Grippen isn't a good aircraft.

Some members said that RMAF will not buy Chinese, I think JF-17 Block-IIs and J-10/FC-20s are good option and they can also look towards Super Su-30s too.

please....Gripen is a lot better than current thunders, thats no secret.
and if Malysians did not include J-10 and JFT in their wish list then so be it. you cant make them buy those aircrafts.

and If you want to compare then compare the aircrafts on the list, I dont see any point in bringing our fighters into this discussion.
And yes Jf-17 blk II WILL be awesome as per our requirments. Remember every air force has a different mission profile..

Back
Top Bottom